What Is the Stucture of You Life?

Maybe "comfortable" is an apt description. I'm not "rich", but am considered upper middle class. I don't really have any financial worries..

Despite that, I'm not always happy, so perhaps financial structure is a bad thing to base happiness on.

Or, did I misunderstand the question?

First of all, I really wish I could correct the spelling in title of this thread, Pixie. Sheeesh! :) I did attempt it but I couldn't edit the title. If you know how I can do that, by all means, fill me in. lol

To answer your question happiness does have some consistency, wherein you can expect to pretty much get back to good no matter what happens. But it's not easy. The best measure of understanding true happiness is if you ask yourself how much you could lose of your possessions without going off the deep end. It gages the value you put on things of whatever nature.

Anne Marie

I know folks who have nothing and are spiritually wealthy beyond imagination. I met a lot of folks while traveling. It seems those who have gone through the most adversity have a strong love for nature and life. There's a lot to be said about that. You're a good person, Joe.

Anne Marie

I actually screwed up the statistic too... Americans - most all of us - are among the richest 20% of the people on the planet!

'Course, back in the 80's when I first read the statistics, most Americans were among the wealthiest 10% of the planets population, but that is the subject of another thread.

That's what I get for sneaking on to the board during a break and posting something with haste.

-Joe

lol. Somebody sent me a private message today telling me I got 10 rep point and their comment was "You're an idiot." Don't feel bad, Joe. That was the third time somebody did that on this board. What can I say? At least you're not "an idiot!" LMAO

Anne Marie

Don't take people who do that to heart, it's all they have to live for, neg repping people and calling them names............:lol:

Who are you again?

We're entertaining really good friends who have brough other totally fucking obnoxious people into our house. Now this is not just a house. It's pretty much a place where you really have to be invited. ugh. It's 11:02 and we are having a probem with Anthony and Opie people.

Hmmmm.

Anne Marie

Who are you again?

We're entertaining really good friends who have brough other totally fucking obnoxious people into our house. Now this is not just a house. It's pretty much a place where you really have to be invited. ugh. It's 11:02 and we are having a probem with Anthony and Opie people.

Hmmmm.

Anne Marie

Tell them you have to get up early for the 4th of July Parade....or something like that! :lol:

Who are you again?

Hmmmm.

Anne Marie

Tell them you have to get up early for the 4th of July Parade....or something like that! :lol:

They're still here, Echo, and they've ordered breakfast. Not a bad thing! .... unless of course the grub gets here cold. It's about six miles away. But hey, at least they deliver. Gotta love life in the mountains.

I mean, we have a big kitchen, two dozen eggs and plenty of venison, ya know. :eusa_angel:

Anne Marie

I'm not sure how to define the structure of my life. I am not what you would call "rich" but I live a comfortable life and I am able to obtain most of the things I want - although sometimes I have to wait awhile. I do not lead an extravagant life-style. I guess if I had to put a label on myself I would call me upper middle class. I am able to pay all of my bills on time when they come rolling in. I make it a point to pay off any credit card I use during the month in full. It's foolish not to do so because of the interest the card companies charge. I have two car payments and the usual stuff like electricity, phone, etc., etc. No mortgage. I think I fit into the upper middle class group. My wife, now there's a different story! She's what I would call wealthy. Our finances cross paths in several areas but we each have finiancial stuff we manage individually.

If your wife is also your best friend, you have all the wealth you will ever need. Take my word on that.

Anne Marie

Unimaginable wealth? Is to me what I cannot imagine. so I would not know :confused:

Simplicity is the way to go IMHO.

I have stuggled to simplify my life for a few years, the more I get rid of that which is not needful, the happier I am

But the problem is....todays society, does not allow simplicity to be simple :eusa_eh:

Who cares what people think. Simplicity as you mentioned is the only way to go. You'd be surprised how much more beautiful life becomes with no price tag. Well done Pixie.

Anne Marie

I actually screwed up the statistic too... Americans - most all of us - are among the richest 20% of the people on the planet!

'Course, back in the 80's when I first read the statistics, most Americans were among the wealthiest 10% of the planets population, but that is the subject of another thread.

That's what I get for sneaking on to the board during a break and posting something with haste.

-Joe

lol. Somebody sent me a private message today telling me I got 10 rep point and their comment was "You're an idiot." Don't feel bad, Joe. That was the third time somebody did that on this board. What can I say? At least you're not "an idiot!" LMAO

Anne Marie

Don't take people who do that to heart, it's all they have to live for, neg repping people and calling them names............:lol:

Well, actually I suppose we all need a little humility... Even if it comes from complete assholes.

Have a great fourth, Echo! We're still working on it, and the food just got here. Yeaheee!

Anne Marie

What Is the Stucture of You Life?
Wealth beyond imagination, or just struggling along.

Anne Marie

Compared to the Average American: Lower middle class.

Compared to the Average Earthling: Among the richest 80%

It's all a matter of perspective. Don't believe me? Visit the third world.

-Joe

So true Joe, so true...........we don't really know how good we have it, do we? When we stop to bitch about this and that, we need to realize we're lucky we CAN bitch about it.

I'm lower middle class, but I have summers off with my daughter, and to me that's more important than making more money. {Plus I love what I do for a living too, so that's nice!}

Compare these 2 guys.

Guy 1 is happily married, has 2 great children, is professionally content and financially comfortable. He's not famous, nobody quotes him and only his friends and family will remember him after he dies.

Guy 2 has been married 5 times. He is a 'captain of industry', knighted by the Queen, and is viewed by many as a genius in his field chosen field. Books have been written about him. He is frequently written about in newspapers and magazines and is worth over $100 million.

Guy 1 thinks he is wealthier and more successful than Guy 2.

It all comes down to how you measure the value of your life..

Last edited:
Compared to the Average American: Lower middle class.

Compared to the Average Earthling: Among the richest 80%

It's all a matter of perspective. Don't believe me? Visit the third world.

-Joe

So true Joe, so true...........we don't really know how good we have it, do we? When we stop to bitch about this and that, we need to realize we're lucky we CAN bitch about it.

I'm lower middle class, but I have summers off with my daughter, and to me that's more important than making more money. {Plus I love what I do for a living too, so that's nice!}

Compare these 2 guys.

Guy 1 is happily married, has 2 great children, is professionally content and financially comfortable. He's not famous, nobody quotes him and only his friends and family will remember him after he dies.

Guy 2 has been married 5 times. He is a 'captain of industry', knighted by the Queen, and is viewed by many as a genius in his field chosen field. Books have been written about him. He is frequently written about in newspapers and magazines and is worth over $100 million.

Guy 1 thinks he is wealthier and more successful than Guy 2.

It all comes down to how you measure the value of your life..

Well all I can say is I am completely and totally in love with a wonderful man that I wasn't looking for. I mean you really have to see this guy. He's incredible. After being with someone for twenty years and leaving off to start a different life, still good friends, I was pretty much resolved to going at life solo, and for the most part I did that for nearly 8 years, traveling around the country like the consumate happy camper. Sleeping in my car many times, and taking it all in. Best decision I ever made in my life. Really puts things in perspective.

I highly recommend that. Not leaving your loved one, of course, but you both should really travel. Get an RV and hit the road folks! And I don't mean tourist areas. I'm talking about small towns, remote areas, and open spaces. Don't forget the ocean. Gotta smell that ocean. Jump in and you'll get the best medicine God ever created.

Anne Marie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back