What is the rule for Editing ...

BreezeWood

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2011
Last edited by BreezeWood; Today at 11:23 PM.

I like how long someone is able to edit a post on this forum - seems like a day or two.

but why is there so short a period to edit a post once posted before the notice appears ? as in never a 2nd edit even in less than a minute.

why not 3 - 5 minutes ... to "fix" errors.

Last edited by BreezeWood; Today at 11:23 PM.

I like how long someone is able to edit a post on this forum - seems like a day or two.

but why is there so short a period to edit a post once posted before the notice appears ? as in never a 2nd edit even in less than a minute.

why not 3 - 5 minutes ... to "fix" errors.

Because someone may have quoted you already. If you can't proof read your post in 30 seconds, you don't need to be posting here. Plus, there is a PREVIEW button that allows you all the time you want (before actually posting).

Then logically, your ability to edit should be removed after the post becomes history. I don't know when that occurs, but I do wish I could remove some of the asinine posts I have made over the years! :lol:

Last edited:
Because someone may have quoted you already.

so ...

... in 30 seconds

to see the post and make corrections in 30 sec. can be a stretch - why not some leeway, minute and a half.

just a thought

Just click 'preview post' and you will see what your post will look like, BEFORE you post it. That is all you need to do.

Because someone may have quoted you already.

so ...

... in 30 seconds

to see the post and make corrections in 30 sec. can be a stretch - why not some leeway, minute and a half.

just a thought
So you can post that you hate broccoli...someone quotes you...you edit quickly "love" broccoli (with no edit time print)...then readers are confused about you or they think the quoter might be dishonest.

Last edited:
50% of the people here are not going to comprehend what you posted any how. Editing? Seems unnecessary.

Plus, there is a PREVIEW button that allows you all the time you want (before actually posting).

thanks for the heads up - it takes a while to soak in, Noomi's post did the trick ...

I edit designs, residetial for 1/2 a living, to the last second - the format almost becomes more important than the content and that may have carried over to posting ... and no, the content should not be allowed to be altered after posting. all is well, M

Forum List

Back