What is the real reason that our Government is making gun laws stricter and stricter?

Actually the 2nd Amendment gives All citizens of the U.S. the irrevocable(not able to be changed, reversed, or recovered; final) right to obtain, keep and bear arms, and NOBODY can hinder, obstruct, impede, thwart, violate, or prevent ones 2nd Amendment. It means United States citizens have a God given right to keep and bear arms.

So honestly, according to the 2nd Amendment can the Government really prevent and/or deny or take the 2nd Amendment right away from convicts? No where does it say anything about loosing that right? It says that EVERYONE has that right and NOBODY can say otherwise.

That falls under state laws, and it does vary from state-to-state.

The Tenth Amendment speaks of powers reserve to the federal government, to the states, and to the people. The main point of it is that any powers not delegated explicitly in the Constitution to the federal government, is reserved to the states or to the people, and that the federal government is not authorized to claim or exercise that power.

The Second Amendment is explicit on the point that the right/power which it affirms belongs to the people. This means that it does not belong to the federal government, nor does it belong to the states, and neither have the legitimate authority to interfere with it.

The Government already made the gun laws more strict. How much more strict can they get until they start to interfere with our constitutional rights. I mean it is the 2nd Amendment, obviously at the time the Amendments of The United States Constitution were first developed, the right to keep and bear arms must of been a pretty important belief to the Government officials responsible in creating them.

The 2nd Amendment declares;
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Shall not be infringed means that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution gives all citizens of the United States the irrevocable right to obtain, keep and bear arms, and this right shall NOT be infringed upon by ANYBODY. It means United States citizens have a God given right to keep and bear arms/guns.

Infringe- actively break terms of a law or agreement.

So what is the real reason behind the Government wanting to make stricter gun laws? I hope they know that its not going to stop the violence. If someone wants a gun they can get one off the streets cheaper than a gun store. Strict gun laws aren't preventing criminals or potential criminals from obtaining any firearm. All its doing is preventing innocent citizens from protecting themselves from criminals.

Also restricting places that you can carry a gun on your person isn't doing anything. The law abiding citizen will follow it when the criminal will still carry it.

All its really doing is making innocent citizens more vulnerable to be a victim or target for a criminal.
If gun laws get to strict to the point no one can carry a gun anywhere, strict where you can not purchase a gun, or a longer wait or process, or stricter requirements to legally own a firearm, its just preventing a law abiding citizen to be able to protect their life in a violent situation. It would be like opening season for fishing. Streams are fully stocked with innocent fish with no way to protect themselves from being caught by a fishermen. Criminals will know that there will be less innocent law abiding citizens that have protection on their person, so they will be an easier victim to a crime.

To me, stricter gun laws wont prevent crime it will increase crime.

I disagree on the part about where one can and can not carry. As a business owner I can say no shirt, no shoes, no service, I should also be able to ban the open carrying of weapons in my establishment. Even cops have to turn over their guns at the court house so I have no issue with that.

The Government already made the gun laws more strict. How much more strict can they get until they start to interfere with our constitutional rights. I mean it is the 2nd Amendment, obviously at the time the Amendments of The United States Constitution were first developed, the right to keep and bear arms must of been a pretty important belief to the Government officials responsible in creating them.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Shall not be infringed means that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution gives all citizens of the United States the irrevocable right to obtain, keep and bear arms, and this right shall NOT be infringed upon by ANYBODY. It means United States citizens have a God given right to keep and bear arms/guns.

So what is the real reason behind the Government wanting to make stricter gun laws? I hope they know that its not going to stop the violence. If someone wants a gun they can get one off the streets cheaper than a gun store. Strict gun laws aren't preventing criminals or potential criminals from obtaining any firearm. All its doing is preventing innocent citizens from protecting themselves from criminals.

Also restricting places that you can carry a gun on your person isn't doing anything. The law abiding citizen will follow it when the criminal will still carry it.

All its really doing is making innocent citizens more vulnerable to be a victim or target for a criminal.
If gun laws get to strict to the point no one can carry a gun anywhere, strict where you can not purchase a gun, or a longer wait or process, or stricter requirements to legally own a firearm, its just preventing a law abiding citizen to be able to protect their life in a violent situation. It would be like opening season for fishing. Streams are fully stocked with innocent fish with no way to protect themselves from being caught by a fishermen. Criminals will know that there will be less innocent law abiding citizens that have protection on their person, so they will be an easier victim to a crime.

I disagree on the part about where one can and can not carry. As a business owner I can say no shirt, no shoes, no service, I should also be able to ban the open carrying of weapons in my establishment. Even cops have to turn over their guns at the court house so I have no issue with that.

I agree here. Private property is private property. You aren't telling people they can't own or carry firearms. Just that they can't enter your property with them.

While I fully support gun ownership and have a few of my own. I am 100000% on board with more strict background checks. And if you are found guilty of a violent crime, definitely for banning gun ownership among them. I'm also for mandatory gun safety. I know people with firearms that really should go through one of those courses.

I agree here. Private property is private property. You aren't telling people they can't own or carry firearms. Just that they can't enter your property with them.

While I fully support gun ownership and have a few of my own. I am 100000% on board with more strict background checks. And if you are found guilty of a violent crime, definitely for banning gun ownership among them. I'm also for mandatory gun safety. I know people with firearms that really should go through one of those courses.

Honestly, I have only ever seen signes that day “THO OPEN CARRY” of fire arms, nothing about concealed

With the most guns in the world and the highest incarceration rate we still have much higher crime rates than other civilized countries with gun control. We also have many unique problems to our country like mass shootings, over 50 police shot and killed each year, our police shoot many, many people, toddlers shoot people, road rage shootings, women shot by significant others.... Too many guns.
Why the US has the most mass shootings - CNN
US cops killed 100 times more than German police in 2015
Analysis | American toddlers are still shooting people on a weekly basis this year
Study: Road rage incidents involving guns are increasing

The “boyfriend loophole” in U.S. gun laws is costing women’s lives

More police officers die on the job in states with more guns

Fallen officers: 64 shot dead in the line of duty in 2016 - CNN

FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

Guns kill nearly 1,300 US children each year - CNN

With the most guns in the world and the highest incarceration rate we still have much higher crime rates than other civilized countries with gun control. We also have many unique problems to our country like mass shootings, over 50 police shot and killed each year, our police shoot many, many people, toddlers shoot people, road rage shootings, women shot by significant others.... Too many guns.
Analysis | American toddlers are still shooting people on a weekly basis this year

First lie, “mass shootings are unique to America”. That pretty much makes the post a vaginal rant.

First lie, “mass shootings are unique to America”. That pretty much makes the post a vaginal rant.

Really? What other civilized country has regular mass shootings? It is a unique problem to the US. Everywhere else they are rare.

Restricting the sale of guns is just part of a trend toward making society safer and less violent. I suspect this trend will continue. The number of gun owners in the country pretty well guarantee that guns will never be banned.

No, its making sure we have a President that appoints conservative justices that guarantees guns will never be banned no matter how many people are for or against it. If Hillary was in and appointing gun hating judges, they could easily rule that we don't have a right to firearms in this country.
Regardless of whether the courts are packed with judges you believe are liberal or conservative leaning, you will still have gun control and there will be little chance of a ban on all guns. Any such rulings will likely go from circuit court to appeals court to the Supreme Court. The chance of having political hacks in all these courts that would make a ruling that would have a major impact on most Americans is highly unlikely. Any major impact on guns will come through the legislative branch, not the courts.

Appointments of federal judges and approval by the Senate are based on the candidates experience and the belief that the candidate will give a fair hearing to any case.

Really? What other civilized country has regular mass shootings? It is a unique problem to the US. Everywhere else they are rare.

But the killings aren’t and yes, when they happen they are very high profile. Your numbers are emotional, not factual.

Honestly, I have only ever seen signes that day “THO OPEN CARRY” of fire arms, nothing about concealed

I've seen plenty which just have the handgun with a line through it.

On shootings, I still believe that social issues are the problem. We tried an assault weapon ban, crime didn't change. Washington DC has the toughest gun laws, and the highest murder rates in the US.

The average gun owner according to FBI data is white, middle aged, rural, middle class, married, college educated.

The average person killing with a gun according to same data is minority, young, urban, poor, single, low education.

You can't have that kind of demographics and say it's proliferation. You can't have states like Wyoming with the most guns per capita and one of the lowest gun murder rates.

It's like Australia. Put in a bunch of new gun control laws. And murder went up for a bit then dropped. And people said "oh look at what gun laws did". Meanwhile New Zealand is sitting in a very similar socioeconomic situation and had no new gun laws and their murder rate followed Australia's nearly identically. You can't have that if it's proliferation based.

Just like I think banning drugs is a poor way to stop drug use, and banning Mexicans is a poor way to drop illegals in the country (sorry wall guys), I think banning guns is a poor solution. I'm fine with drugs and illegal immigration being illegal, because those are the laws we have in place, but to expect that to make a difference is a joke. Longer sentences for drug users is not the answer. You want to solve drugs you go after the socio-economic issues that lead to drug use. You want to solve gun violence, you go after the socio-economic issues that lead to gun violence.

And it's funny to me, because both parties try the "ban it!" solution on different things, then say "banning doesn't work" when the opposite party tries that on something they want to uphold.

But the killings aren’t and yes, when they happen they are very high profile. Your numbers are emotional, not factual.

No the numbers are all quite incredibly high. We have far more gun deaths than anywhere else. Heck we have more accidental gun death than most countries have gun deaths. We lose cops weekly where other countries lose single digits yearly. Mass killings are regular events.

I've seen plenty which just have the handgun with a line through it.

On shootings, I still believe that social issues are the problem. We tried an assault weapon ban, crime didn't change. Washington DC has the toughest gun laws, and the highest murder rates in the US.

The average gun owner according to FBI data is white, middle aged, rural, middle class, married, college educated.

The average person killing with a gun according to same data is minority, young, urban, poor, single, low education.

You can't have that kind of demographics and say it's proliferation. You can't have states like Wyoming with the most guns per capita and one of the lowest gun murder rates.

It's like Australia. Put in a bunch of new gun control laws. And murder went up for a bit then dropped. And people said "oh look at what gun laws did". Meanwhile New Zealand is sitting in a very similar socioeconomic situation and had no new gun laws and their murder rate followed Australia's nearly identically. You can't have that if it's proliferation based.

Just like I think banning drugs is a poor way to stop drug use, and banning Mexicans is a poor way to drop illegals in the country (sorry wall guys), I think banning guns is a poor solution. I'm fine with drugs and illegal immigration being illegal, because those are the laws we have in place, but to expect that to make a difference is a joke. Longer sentences for drug users is not the answer. You want to solve drugs you go after the socio-economic issues that lead to drug use. You want to solve gun violence, you go after the socio-economic issues that lead to gun violence.

And it's funny to me, because both parties try the "ban it!" solution on different things, then say "banning doesn't work" when the opposite party tries that on something they want to uphold.

Look at Wyoming. Not a single major city in Wyoming. Not going to have many homicides without major cities.

Restricting the sale of guns is just part of a trend toward making society safer and less violent. I suspect this trend will continue. The number of gun owners in the country pretty well guarantee that guns will never be banned.

No, its making sure we have a President that appoints conservative justices that guarantees guns will never be banned no matter how many people are for or against it. If Hillary was in and appointing gun hating judges, they could easily rule that we don't have a right to firearms in this country.
Regardless of whether the courts are packed with judges you believe are liberal or conservative leaning, you will still have gun control and there will be little chance of a ban on all guns. Any such rulings will likely go from circuit court to appeals court to the Supreme Court. The chance of having political hacks in all these courts that would make a ruling that would have a major impact on most Americans is highly unlikely. Any major impact on guns will come through the legislative branch, not the courts.

Appointments of federal judges and approval by the Senate are based on the candidates experience and the belief that the candidate will give a fair hearing to any case.

Oh sure, like Obama Care.

The only court that counts is the Supreme Court because they have the final say-so. The reason Democrats can't move towards outlawing guns is because of the Supreme Court.

However if that court were a majority liberal, they can rule that possession of firearms is limited to a well regulated militia, meaning there is no individual right to own firearms. If that happened, it would remove the constitutional protections that stop Democrats from taking our guns today.

No the numbers are all quite incredibly high. We have far more gun deaths than anywhere else. Heck we have more accidental gun death than most countries have gun deaths. We lose cops weekly where other countries lose single digits yearly. Mass killings are regular events.
Our country is pretty dangerous. We look at other countries and think it would be dangerous to travel there. In all reality the chances of being a victim to a violent crime is no higher then in our own country.

Our country is pretty dangerous. We look at other countries and think it would be dangerous to travel there. In all reality the chances of being a victim to a violent crime is no higher then in our own country.

Pretty much.

We also have the most auto deaths too. Makes sense since we have the most cars.

No, not really:

Homicide-Rates-for-Developed-Countries-OECD-2011-or-latest-year.png

Contactcrime.jpg

What's wrong? You get one question and then weasel out to start another thread? I thought you might be more than the average coward RWNJ. I guess not.
He just proves the point that the average IQ for a gun nut is 70.
Funny, mine was tested at 135 in the late 90's.

Forum List

Back