What Is The Problem With Kids Working Late Nights??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Two 10-year-old children were found working at a Louisville McDonald’s restaurant — sometimes until 2 a.m. — the US Department of Labor said Tuesday. The revelation was part of an investigation into the child labor law violations in the Southeast. The agency also found three franchisees that own more than 60 McDonald’s locations in Kentucky, Indiana, Maryland and Ohio, “employed 305 children to work more than the legally permitted hours and perform tasks prohibited by law for young workers,” the Labor Department said in a statement.

“Investigators from the department’s Wage and Hour Division found two 10-year-old workers at a Louisville McDonald’s restaurant among many violations of federal labor laws committed by three Kentucky McDonald’s franchise operators,” the release said. “Investigators also determined two 10-year-old children were employed – but not paid – and sometimes worked as late as 2 a.m.”

Exactly what is the problem with 10 year olds working until 2 am? Really? You telling me these kids don't have the stamina and energy to work late nights and go to school tomorrow? Also, these kids are learning something very important that schools won't teach them...the value of hard work...Now I don't agree that the kids should work for free, they should have been paid...

However, from reading the story...these kids were the children of a manager, why should they be paid anything? Would you pay your child to mow the lawn or take out the trash? So why would this person pay their kids to work at the store they managed? This is just the left trying to stop children from being put the work and keeping them lazy, playing videos games and being indoctrinated by TV and social media.

"Two 10-year-old children were found working at a Louisville McDonald’s restaurant — sometimes until 2 a.m. — the US Department of Labor said Tuesday. The revelation was part of an investigation into the child labor law violations in the Southeast. The agency also found three franchisees that own more than 60 McDonald’s locations in Kentucky, Indiana, Maryland and Ohio, “employed 305 children to work more than the legally permitted hours and perform tasks prohibited by law for young workers,” the Labor Department said in a statement.

“Investigators from the department’s Wage and Hour Division found two 10-year-old workers at a Louisville McDonald’s restaurant among many violations of federal labor laws committed by three Kentucky McDonald’s franchise operators,” the release said. “Investigators also determined two 10-year-old children were employed – but not paid – and sometimes worked as late as 2 a.m.”

Exactly what is the problem with 10 year olds working until 2 am? Really? You telling me these kids don't have the stamina and energy to work late nights and go to school tomorrow? Also, these kids are learning something very important that schools won't teach them...the value of hard work...Now I don't agree that the kids should work for free, they should have been paid...

However, from reading the story...these kids were the children of a manager, why should they be paid anything? Would you pay your child to mow the lawn or take out the trash? So why would this person pay their kids to work at the store they managed? This is just the left trying to stop children from being put the work and keeping them lazy, playing videos games and being indoctrinated by TV and social media.
It would be easier to retain child labor if they could be put into debt, too. Some mechanism for keeping them locked into debt will need to be developed.

They were employed but not paid? Ummm shut that down...sue the owner. Big time.

No one supports 10-year-olds working until 2 am, so what's your point?

No one supports 10-year-olds working until 2 am, so what's your point?
Why not?

What is really the harm in letting them work til 2 am?

We allow children to be aborted up to 9 months, and sometimes after they are born.....we even allow them to be converted into trannies....so why not allow them to work until 2 am...

Why not?

What is really the harm in letting them work til 2 am?

We allow children to be aborted up to 9 months, and sometimes after they are born.....we even allow them to be converted into trannies....so why not allow them to work until 2 am...
Because one evil doesn't justify another.

Obvious troll is being obvious.

Republicans do not care about children. Republicans are a threat to children
Good Article, reads well. Good punctuation.

15 and under should not be working....ever. 16 for part time only none during school years except weekends
Newspaper routes, mowing lawns, odd jobs are fine for anyone--I mowed my first lawn for $$ when I was seven. Sold newspapers and TV Guide door to door at 10 and worked a full time job as a busboy at 16 for SS wages. There is nothing wrong with children earning money within reason. They should not be allowed to work for wages until 16. Mickey D's should be fined severely for having a 10 year old doing anything at any time let alone at 2 am.

I'll bet Trump hired them

Probably saved the little hood rats lives.

Newspaper routes, mowing lawns, odd jobs are fine for anyone--I mowed my first lawn for $$ when I was seven. Sold newspapers and TV Guide door to door at 10 and worked a full time job as a busboy at 16 for SS wages. There is nothing wrong with children earning money within reason. They should not be allowed to work for wages until 16. Mickey D's should be fined severely for having a 10 year old doing anything at any time let alone at 2 am.
Within reason in the summer yes. This should bring a lawsuit worth hundreds of thousands. The owner of the store is on the hook for this. Federal time?

Forum List

Back