What is the Most Tax Efficient Way to Invest Now?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Given the restrictions on what can be done inside of tax favored accounts vs. just investing until investment income justifies the use of a tax rate capped LLC makes sense appears to be the better move in the current market.

Given the restrictions on what can be done inside of tax favored accounts vs. just investing until investment income justifies the use of a tax rate capped LLC makes sense appears to be the better move in the current market.
Roth IRA is one. One day Democrats will regain power and taxes will skyrocket so it's better to prepay the taxes now.

Roth IRA is one. One day Democrats will regain power and taxes will skyrocket so it's better to prepay the taxes now.

Good point. But it would have to be a self directed Roth to include DIPs (Direct Investment Plans) and the writing of covered options to get in at or near the bottom and out at or near the top.

That works.....unless the Dems decide to tax Roths.

If they do, they can only do it on new Roth’s. Existing is a contract. Ya, they’ll try but it would go to SCOTUS.

If they do, they can only do it on new Roth’s. Existing is a contract. Ya, they’ll try but it would go to SCOTUS.

Existing is a contract.

I'd bet they could simply change it with new legislation.
What a Congress can do today, a future Congress can undo.

There are work arounds but I closed my Roth pitot to the tax bill because of all of the asinine restrictions. I have also emailed my lawyer to see if it would be a decent practice for him and his wife.

Existing is a contract.

It would only make lawyers happy.

I only invest in guns, ammo and explosives. I buy them in a state with no sales tax. That seems like the best tax avoidance policy I can think of.

Existing is a contract.

It would only make lawyers happy.

That is why I emailed Adam who is a friend.

Forum List

Back