What Is The GOP Plan For The Recession?

The same as the Democrat plan, bailout failed businesses and apply a worse stranglehold on the market.

We know what they would do.

Bush II has shown us what they would do.

They would take care of the rich and bill us for their largess.

We know what they would do.

Bush II has shown us what they would do.

They would take care of the rich and bill us for their largess.

This is true, but you aren't being honest if you don't admit the Dems were behind the plan all the way. When it came to voting for the bailout way way way more Dems voted for it than did Republicans..

This is true, but you aren't being honest if you don't admit the Dems were behind the plan all the way. When it came to voting for the bailout way way way more Dems voted for it than did Republicans..

Did I say that?

No?

Then why presume that's what I was saying?

A question was posed, I answer that question.

Did I say that?

No?

Then why presume that's what I was saying?

A question was posed, I answer that question.

you answered the question with the same old "it's Boosh's fault" bs. when in fact if the GOP had had it's way the bailout would have failed. It's the DEm vote that put it over!

Last edited:
you answered the question with the same old "it's Boosh's fault" bs. when in fact if the GOP had had it's way the bailout would have failed. It's the DEm vote that put it over!

Fortunately, people with brains weren't dumb enough to buy into the right-wing idiotic notion of privatizing Social Security into the stock market, eh?

How intelligent does that look now?

Fortunately, people with brains weren't dumb enough to buy into the right-wing idiotic notion of privatizing Social Security into the stock market, eh?

How intelligent does that look now?

it won't matter, the Dems will have long spent your sociable security, you won't have to worry about it.

it won't matter, the Dems will have long spent your sociable security, you won't have to worry about it.

Actually, nothing bad the GOP does matters, because the Dems will do even worse. Right?

See, Democrats are good, the make it so the GOP has no responsibilty for anything at all. And ya know, Bush and the late GOP Congress acted as if responsibilty didn't matter at all. :clap2:

Hey Willow, enough with the lies, OK!

The chart below, Figure 1, shows the United States national debt (per Microsoft’s Encarta Encyclopedia[1] and US Government data[2]) with the various Presidents’ terms marked by vertical lines. Under President Clinton the growth in debt ceased, but note the radical change in direction since George W. Bush entered office. There is no question and a lot of mathematical proof that the steepest upward rises in debt since the end of World War II, started with President Reagan and continued with other so called Neo-Conservatives. (See red in Figure 1 below.)

United Stated National Debt

Actually, nothing bad the GOP does matters, because the Dems will do even worse. Right?

See, Democrats are good, the make it so the GOP has no responsibilty for anything at all. And ya know, Bush and the late GOP Congress acted as if responsibilty didn't matter at all. :clap2:

I find it amusing that you keep raging on 'the right' and on Bush. He's finished, also amusing that you are making a preemptive excuse for the Democratic Administration that's a'coming. Then there is the cute way you clap for yourself, most of us got over that by the time potty training was completed.

I find it amusing that you keep raging on 'the right' and on Bush. He's finished, also amusing that you are making a preemptive excuse for the Democratic Administration that's a'coming. Then there is the cute way you clap for yourself, most of us got over that by the time potty training was completed.

Of course he's finished. You fools supported him for eight years, now that his and your incompetance has come back to haunt you at the polls, and paycheck, you are busy disavowing and denying your support. :lol:

There is no excuse. obamalama ran on a ticket of "failed bush policies" and all about how he the messiah was gonna fix em. No excuses, fix em or be a liar!

Hey Willow, enough with the lies, OK!

The chart below, Figure 1, shows the United States national debt (per Microsoft’s Encarta Encyclopedia[1] and US Government data[2]) with the various Presidents’ terms marked by vertical lines. Under President Clinton the growth in debt ceased, but note the radical change in direction since George W. Bush entered office. There is no question and a lot of mathematical proof that the steepest upward rises in debt since the end of World War II, started with President Reagan and continued with other so called Neo-Conservatives. (See red in Figure 1 below.)

United Stated National Debt

While the charts are very interesting, you do remember that it is congress that controls the spending, not the president (At least, I hope you know that).
While Reagan was president, it was a democrat controlled congress. While Clinton was president it was a republican controlled congress. Under Bush, it has flip-flopped, so both the democrat and republican control of congress are equally at fault.

There is no excuse. obamalama ran on a ticket of "failed bush policies" and all about how he the messiah was gonna fix em. No excuses, fix em or be a liar!
Is this the first time in history that the president elect won by running a campaign against a non-presidential candidate?

Actually, whatever any ideas we have, are irrelevant. It was your wish, it was granted. Enjoy. The problems are those of whom you voted for. Let's all hope you were correct.

Although I disagree with the present-day GOP on almost all issues, I do agree with the observation that whatever ideas that the GOP has are irrelevant....actually they were always irrelevant, unless you made more than $2M a year, or owned an oil company, or a security company...or something along those lines.

The GOP's idea now is to sit back and see how best of tear down the Democrats, and figure out how best to make the life of the new government miserable. The Right Wing loons like Limbaugh and Hannity and O'Reilley have already started this process by labeling the current recession the "Obama Recession"....never mind that there are almost three weeks before Obama takes office!

My only hope is that the next generation of GOPers like Pawlenty and Jindal take over the reins sooner rather than later, and steer the GOP towards a more productive and centrist path.

Although I disagree with the present-day GOP on almost all issues, I do agree with the observation that whatever ideas that the GOP has are irrelevant....actually they were always irrelevant, unless you made more than $2M a year, or owned an oil company, or a security company...or something along those lines.

The GOP's idea now is to sit back and see how best of tear down the Democrats, and figure out how best to make the life of the new government miserable. The Right Wing loons like Limbaugh and Hannity and O'Reilley have already started this process by labeling the current recession the "Obama Recession"....never mind that there are almost three weeks before Obama takes office!

My only hope is that the next generation of GOPers like Pawlenty and Jindal take over the reins sooner rather than later, and steer the GOP towards a more productive and centrist path.
in all fairness, this is the same as the "Bush recession" that started under Clinton back in 2001
so the way i see it, they are just giving back what we got back then

Forum List

Back