What Is The GOP Plan For The Recession?

Yes, they borrowed money before and they were just back again with their hands out. It is not the government's job to bail out failed businesses. The market should be allowed to do what it needs to do, and put them out of business.

And this is why we voted you REPUBLICANS out of office.

If you aren't a member of the GOP, you are just as dumb/wrong so whatever.

Ha! How does it feel? We weren't "supporting the troops" back when we were arguing that the Iraq war was not going well. And your "support the troops" argument allowed Haloburton & Blackwater to rape the treasury for years longer than it should have taken.

What basic economics? That the chinese can do things better than us?

You seemed to revel in that concept. That's not very patriotic.

Now they can do it cheaper, but at what cost?

Apparently it hasn't hurt you yet. Don't worry, it would have had your GOP won any seats in any of the branches of government.

Did you notice that not one Democrat encumbent lost their seat this year? That should tell you something. But I'm sure it doesn't, so I'll tell you.

Americans are sick of all the jobs going overseas.

And fine. People in red states can buy Honda and we'll buy from the Big 3. But no more federal $ to Toyota. That gravy train is over. Do you get that?[/QUOTE]

Wrong again bobo.. the southern states get x amount of federal dollars, they can spend them however they choose.. growing their economy is a good way.. oh,, we also got NASA and NASCAR.. how much of yer precious money does Detroit send to NASCAR??

Libertarian's who don't get it might as well be Republicans to me buddy. :eusa_hand:

It doesn't matter what you think we "might as well be," in fact that doesn't make any sense at all. So because Libertarians "might as well be Republicans" you can just assume that we supported an illegal invasion, and be right? How does that make any sense at all?

And this is why we voted you REPUBLICANS out of office.

If you aren't a member of the GOP, you are just as dumb/wrong so whatever.

Not a Republican.

I'm "dumb and wrong," yet you're trying to argue economics with no knowledge of the subject.

Jealous bitch.

Guess what? Your husband isn't really working 80 hours like you think he is. He's a typical lazy American, just like the rest of us.

He's out fucking an asian woman with a prettier face than yours. She fucks longer and better too. You are a broken down Ford. :lol: He likes imports too. :clap2:
isnt that kinda like Godwins law?
you've stooped to insulting her husband without her even having to say if she even has one

low and crass, typical for a moron like you

isnt that kinda like Godwins law?
you've stooped to insulting her husband without her even having to say if she even has one

low and crass, typical for a moron like you

You know they've lost the arguement when they stoop to those tactics. In all fairness though I did tell bobo I had one, one that is in the kitchen fixing my stir fried shrimp for supper.

Poor old bobo seems never to have heard of the law of supply and demand. You want to know why gas sky rocketed from 2001 to mid 2008? India and China, Bobo. In 1999 those two coutries were at the bottom of oil usage charts by 2008 China was the worlds number 2 oil importer and India had become the sixth biggest oil consumer. That's what drove the price not some collusion among the big oil companies most of whom these days by far more oil than they produce. The reatarded things leftists and Bush haters believe never ceases to amaze me.

I know America has thrown those bums out of office, but what would the GOP do to try and save the economy?

I suspect it would be to offer tax cuts to people without jobs, de-regulation to businesses that are bankrupt and nice words about how Jesus loves America.

But I'm willing to listen to anything else a Conservative says

GOP will play an important role in the Obama recovery by going back to what they used to do best, but forgot how to do the last 8 yrs - STOPPING spending bills instead of proposing them.

They'll stop the union coercion bill, and will cut down the totals of the boondoggle "stimulus" plan.

Bobo you flaming idiot the REps aren't shipping Jobs over seas simple economics and insane regualtions have brought that about. It isn't the wages the people currently working are making thats killing Detroit. It's the fact that between legacy costs and the fact that between social security, unemployment compensation, workers compensation and a host of other such things the cost of having you on the damn payroll is about twice to three times as high as your take home pay.

And we aren't shipping nearly as many jobs over seas as you seem to think. Most out sourcing never leaves the country. And a lot that has has come back because they simply weren't able to get the product quality they needed to be competitive.

Bobo you flaming idiot the REps aren't shipping Jobs over seas simple economics and insane regualtions have brought that about. It isn't the wages the people currently working are making thats killing Detroit. It's the fact that between legacy costs and the fact that between social security, unemployment compensation, workers compensation and a host of other such things the cost of having you on the damn payroll is about twice to three times as high as your take home pay.

And we aren't shipping nearly as many jobs over seas as you seem to think. Most out sourcing never leaves the country. And a lot that has has come back because they simply weren't able to get the product quality they needed to be competitive.

We really don't ship that many jobs overseas. IT and tech jobs are usually the basic simple stuff and it's not any cheaper for us to do it, we just don't have the numbers to get the work done here. Low tech jobs that third world can do cheaper simply make sense. But most of our manufacturing costs are union based for what amounts to today as EXCESSIVE benifits like near full pay pensions, 100% health coverage till death.....NO ONE gets that outside old school union shops. The rest of the world doesn't either and we MUST compete with the rest of the world now. The only way we can have higher wages is through higher productivity.

All you need to do to figure out whats going on today is study history. They had a great show on History channel last night. I wish all you Republicans would have seen it, but you don't watch informative history shows because they might be tainted with liberal spin. It was about JL Gould, Rockafellor, JP Morgan & Carnege, and the robber barons of the late 1800's and early 1900's.

They were anti competition, ruthless, unlawful, free market, monopolistic, greedy...... They are quite simply, the reasons why we have anti trust laws and regulations today. And the amazing thing is, they did the same shit to cause the Great Depression as they did the last 8 years.

So the saying is true. Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it. The GOP broke out the old playbook. They needed to have the majority in all three houses in order to push their radical agenda, so they stole Florida. And they weren't done in 4 so they stole Ohio in 04. They got what they wanted, plus there was no way to steal this last election, so they will go back to only manipulating the process thru lobbyists and filabusting, until the next time we are dumb enough to give complete control of government again.

I'd say never again, but I know the American voter is really really dumb and will forget.

I think it is also important to point out that when the Government did finally step in and make Rockafellor break up Standard Oil, he gave himself stock in each and every one of the new companies, thus making himself the richest man in the world at the time. I think they said today's equivilent 1.6 billion dollars.

So even when we "deal" with the mega rich, they come out making money on the deal. That's because they own this country and manipulate our political process with $.

How many millions of dollars does it take to run for the senate or governor? Millions of dollars you say? Campaign finance reform!!! But even that won't fix it.

We need to end the process the way it is today with lobbyists and special interest. Every politician should just go to Washington and work for the people of their states/districts. No more, no less.

All you need to do to figure out whats going on today is study history. They had a great show on History channel last night. I wish all you Republicans would have seen it, but you don't watch informative history shows because they might be tainted with liberal spin. It was about JL Gould, Rockafellor, JP Morgan & Carnege, and the robber barons of the late 1800's and early 1900's.

They were anti competition, ruthless, unlawful, free market, monopolistic, greedy...... They are quite simply, the reasons why we have anti trust laws and regulations today. And the amazing thing is, they did the same shit to cause the Great Depression as they did the last 8 years.

So the saying is true. Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it. The GOP broke out the old playbook. They needed to have the majority in all three houses in order to push their radical agenda, so they stole Florida. And they weren't done in 4 so they stole Ohio in 04. They got what they wanted, plus there was no way to steal this last election, so they will go back to only manipulating the process thru lobbyists and filabusting, until the next time we are dumb enough to give complete control of government again.

I'd say never again, but I know the American voter is really really dumb and will forget.

this would make a lot more sense if it wasn't for the inconvenient truth that it was a republican that broke up the trusts.

carry on.

this would make a lot more sense if it wasn't for the inconvenient truth that it was a republican that broke up the trusts.

carry on.

Did you read what I wrote? Rockafellor became the richest man in the world after we "broke up" his monopoly.

That explains that. Thanks Del.

Did you read what I wrote? Rockafellor became the richest man in the world after we "broke up" his monopoly.

That explains that. Thanks Del.

rockefeller was the richest man in the world before we broke up his monopoly.
in fact he had retired 15 years before that happened.

spending an hour eating popcorn and watching the history channel hardly makes you an expert on trusts, rockefeller or popcorn. well, maybe popcorn.

Forum List

Back