What is the first sign of summer where you live?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
What's the first sign of summer where you live?

Here I notice the light bugs everywhere in in the yard and the fields when summer has arrived. When they twinkle all over it reminds me of Christmas lights.

Bah! I hate living in the big city, our first sign: Junkies and dealers gathering on all the street corners.
Reminds me of a friend's sister telling about the old lady that lived next door to her near 10th st. in San Bernardino.. the old gal would get her broom out and chase the hookers and dealers off of her porch at least a few times every week.

Bah! I hate living in the big city, our first sign: Junkies and dealers gathering on all the street corners.
Reminds me of a friend's sister telling about the old lady that lived next door to her near 10th st. in San Bernardino.. the old gal would get her broom out and chase the hookers and dealers off of her porch at least a few times every week.

Damn ... are our streets being given to the criminals so much now?

Haha, out here the lighting bugs are a big clue. Saw my first tonight actually.

When I was young, I liked to bust out the wiffle ball bat and make it GLOW

we don't have winter per say,, maybe a jacket wearing cool once or twice we have a year round garden.. so summer to me is the first ripe tomato.. shorts, flip flops and strawberries, although it actually spring.

It gets above freezing for 4 days in a row, we know it's coming...

What's the first sign of summer where you live?

Here I notice the light bugs everywhere in in the yard and the fields when summer has arrived. When they twinkle all over it reminds me of Christmas lights.

The Indianapolis 500-mile race, and the departure of I.U. students; signaled by their old couches left out near the sidewalks for the trash-man.

It does seem like the cold has hung around longer than usual this year. The flowers here at our place are getting a slow start. The birds all seem to be on time though.

Humidity. It gets so bad up here.

Of course, that's why it is so green and pretty all around but some days it is insufferable.

Yeah that humidity in the extreme heat sucks. It's sunny here today and it rained last night so this afternoon will most likely be hot an muggy. If I was up to braving the ticks and chiggers I could probably find some mushrooms.

Forum List

Back