What is the blame for high cancer rates in america?

Pollutants mostly from industry...

As most of the heavy manufacturing has moved out of America and into other countries American cancer rates have dropped but the countries the manufacturing has moved to has risen exponentially...

So where this is simply correlation and not causation...there does seem to be a dog that will hunt in all of this somewhere.

Diet?
Chemicals?
Industry?

Discuss
I don't know what you mean by "industry" but cancers all over the planet are being caused by carcinogenic compounds in the environment and in our food. Most such compounds are produced by humans for a variety of reasons. There is also the factor that with longer lifespans, people have longer exposures to relatively weak carcinogens and carcinogenic influences (ex skin cancer caused by sunlight). Also, evolutionary processes are not influenced by events that occur after successful reproduction. An inheritable predilection or susceptibility to a cancer that doesn't appear till one is, say, 70 years old, will not be weeded out by evolution.

Decadence, addiction, access to drugs- prescription and otherwise and heredity and bad luck. I'm at the age when prostate cancer is common and I had a scare with a bladder infection. My PSA number was sky high and three months later it was high normal. Lucky break when I was planning for the worst.

Forum List

Back