What is really allowed for women in the US?

The modern, 20th century Constitutional legal minds evaluation of the Constitution has determined that the word "people" implies, all people, regardless of sex or race.

• Banned
The modern, 20th century Constitutional legal minds evaluation of the Constitution has determined that the word "people" implies, all people, regardless of sex or race.
Then why the 19th amendment?

I can only tell you that the current presidential administration doesn't give a damn about the Constitution, while looking longingly at China's government.

The Pentagon are free to do as they wish. They make the rules for the military.

is there a law saying women cannot serve in combat units? I think its a bad idea. During the War for Independence in 1948 women served in combat. Not since then because for one thing it encouraged the Arabs to fight hard because they did not want the shame of surrendering to women.

I think that in a constitutional state, the issuance of laws should comply with the constitution, right?
Wags Wearing Wigs Concocting an American House of Lords

That fat and overbearing Sacred Cow, the Constitution, is an anti-democratic manifesto and a blueprint for elitist tyranny. Political bullies want to browbeat us into worshiping it like the Fundamentalists worship the Bible. A free country would have treated it like a temporary start-up document, to be superseded by all subsequent laws, with those laws passed by national referendums given absolute priority.

Wags Wearing Wigs Concocting an American House of Lords

That fat and overbearing Sacred Cow, the Constitution, is an anti-democratic manifesto and a blueprint for elitist tyranny. Political bullies want to browbeat us into worshiping it like the Fundamentalists worship the Bible. A free country would have treated it like a temporary start-up document, to be superseded by all subsequent laws, with those laws passed by national referendums given absolute priority.
All your thoughts now will play against the right. The general referendum is the plebeians that the left-wing crooks will buy to promote whatever they want.

The American constitution is extremely right-wing, I think that there is no such thing anywhere else now. The right must hold on to it with both hands.

The ideal would be direct democracy, where only the senate - the council of leaders that decides everything, but this will not work when there is no normal right-wing system.

The Roman Republic was a compromise between patricians and plebeians, eventually degenerating into imperial dictatorship and slavery.

For example, the Pentagon allowed women to serve in combat units in 2015. Is it legal?

The constitution does not declare any rights for women other than voting.
I never thought you would admit to the gross misogyny in America.
Next you'll be acknowledging the massive racism and the non existence of God.

We are now making progress.

The Sage of Main Street
Solving anything by plebiscites is generally the worst idea for the right. Among the plebeians there were many sophists and moneybags who manipulated the dark masses, this is not real democracy, but an ochlocracy in favor of merchants and swindlers.

That is why American law has mechanisms against ochlocracy, such as electoral systems.

Forum List

Back