What is more important to you, grades or taxes?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Avorysuds, Aug 3, 2012.

?

Read the longer question please!

1. All of Obama’s grades

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. All of Romney’s tax returns

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. martybegan

martybegan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,436
    I'd go for Obama's transcripts. We already know Mitt is Rich, and since he is Rich, he has gobs of lawyers and accountants to figure out how to pay as little tax as is legal.

On the other hand, Obama's fans always tout his intellect say compared to Georgie Bush, so I would be interested to see if that claim has as much merit as is given to it.

2. Vidi

Vidi CDZ prohibited

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +343
    “Release of the document, while it might serve a political purpose, would not prove very much, he argued. One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show, and what mattered in personal finance was how a man conducted himself over the long haul.”

- George Romney

I'd look at the tax returns. No one is running on their college grades, Mitt IS running on his business experience. That makes the returns relevant. Just ask Mitts Dad.

3. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,076
    There is and will be lots of talk about Romney's taxes so I have to ask has anyone here actually looked at the tax returns Romney has released? If he where to release more would you look at them? While were at it has anyone looked at the tax returns released by Obama? It seems like everyone likes to talk about this but few if any have actually looked at what is out there I know I haven't.

4. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,377
    I'm am less interested in their taxes and more interested in what they gave to charity...

5. ItsjustmeIthink

ItsjustmeIthink Social Capitalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    A person running on private sector expereience shoud release private sector documents, imo.

He has released the returns for the years he was campaigning, they don't tell us much.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  6. rdean

rdean Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I went to college. I know what they teach.

I want to see Mitt returns.

Especially those from 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003. The years Mitt said he wasn't working on Monday then said he was on Tuesday then said he wasn't on Wednesday. I want to see if he committed a "felony".

7. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,320
    sigh.....fyi Hj...... http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/was-obama-born-in-the-usa/

it debunks the april fools ap fake story on the foreign scholarship thing

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  8. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,377
    I have no doubt that he was born in the U.S.

I don't care about his college records. I was merely explaining the controversy as I currently understood it, or at least how sone people were pursuing it. My lack of caring about the issue has, in turn, not prompted me to look in to the matter.

Ah, the joy of not caring.

Now, if you want to talk Social Security numbers... LOL

9. rdean

rdean Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The truth is there is certainly enough evidence for the Obama DOJ to go after Mitt Romney for lying to the US Government which really is a felony.

A 2003 document with the Massachusetts State Ethics Commission states that Romney held several “executive” positions at Bain Capital and its affiliates. “The Massachusetts Ethics Commission filing distinguishes between the Bain companies in which he played an active role and others where he had ‘no active role,’”

Romney was 100% stakeholder in 11 Bain companies later than 1999 - The War Room with Jennifer Granholm // Current TV

The documents are shown "on air". Not something that can be "forged" or that news network would be in "deep Mitt".

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain 3 years longer than he stated - Boston.com

There is no such thing as "retro active retirement". He signed documents that said he was gone and he wasn't gone. It really is that simple.

The bottom line is that Mitt is open to investigation or a civil suit from a disgruntled investor. Is it likely to happen? No. Could it happen? All the pieces are there no doubt about it.

10. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,499
    I would choose the larger of the 2 folders. At least it might make a good doorstop. Or maybe some kindling. Perhaps a pillow while I wait to leave.