What is more important to you, grades or taxes?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Avorysuds, Aug 3, 2012.

?

Read the longer question please!

1. All of Obama’s grades

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. All of Romney’s tax returns

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    THE QUESTION! READ!

If there were 2 folders on a table, one labeled “All of Mitt’s tax returns” and the other labeled “All Obama’s grades,” and you have the opportunity to take as much time as you like and look over the contents of only one folder. If you could not reveal the information to anyone, you couldn’t leak what you read/saw in anyway and it was solely for you to know to help you and only decide who to vote for, what folder would you chose?

Because this seems to be a HUGE issue in the rants and flames part of the boards (General) I figured I’d ask this question here and do a poll to see the reaction.

So there is debate about what is more important to people, Mitt’s tax returns or Obama’s grades. So I’m going to ask this quest simply and I hope I can get honest answers. This does not have to be "the issue" for you in the election, this is a question about your own personal curiosity on this issue.

I am not putting a “I don’t care” option, if you don’t care, don’t vote, just like in the General Election.

2. Politico

Politico Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    I'd rather see a third folder on that table.

3. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,011
    I would like a none of the above choice.

4. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,294
    Titties n Beer

5. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,100
    I really don't care about ten years worth of tax returns. No matter what Romney does the left will make political hay of it. If he releases them, he'll be slammed for how much he makes, and then they'll just demand more. If he doesn't release them, they will continue to make shit up. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't really care about Obama's grades, either.

Though my understanding of the college records issue, at least currently, is a question of whether or not he sought to enroll as a foreign student and did he receive financial consideration as such.

Again, this question is relatively low on my list of concerns.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    I would have a look at Obama's college transcripts. The reason being, if there was anything hanky-panky about Romney's taxes, the Obama-controlled IRS would have already made that known and it would be on all the news channels in an effort to smear Romney. Besides, Romney has already released all of the tax returns that is normally released by a Presidential candidate. Obama, however, has caused all of his personal information, including college transcripts, to be sealed and it is a highly guarded secret. The real question for me is "What is Obama hiding?"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  7. P@triot

P@triot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,529
    Everything he just said!!!

8. IGetItAlready

IGetItAlready BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Considering grades are only one of many disclosures Obama has refused to make, I've got to go with the grades.

But I'd much rather see a folder labeled, "The reasons for the many mistakes made by Obama's acquaintances in stating he was born in Kenya".

9. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    I appreciate the intentions of the question. :)

I would not be interested in either. Really! More pressing issues always at hand and the information the folders would reveal, would not change my mind about either candidate.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    I picked the "Obama's grades" option though I'd be more interested in what classes he took, what papers he wrote and how his ideology was formed rather than his GPA. An additional reason would be that Obama is the POTUS while currently Romney is a private citizen who (I think) at this time is losing in most battle ground States and the electoral college in general.

If Romney should lose the election the tax information would be even more useless to me than it currently is. And that is not too much. I hope he paid as little as legally possible (I know President Obama did). That would be the smart thing to do.