What is Justice?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I was thinking about the question earlier and I thought it might be a good discussion.

From Merriam-Webster:

maintenance or administration of what is just

impartial adjustment of conflicting claims or the assignment of merited rewards or punishments

the establishment or determination of rights according to the rules of law or equity

conformity to truth, fact, or reason : correctness

<skip post> I would suggest, Avatar4321, that justice has a basis in equity, in a sense of fair play. The principle of justice informs the law, which is a guide line for bringing order and stability to society. Justice can bring light and width and depth to a person's and community's life in society.

Last edited:
I was thinking about the question earlier and I thought it might be a good discussion.

You have asked a question for which man has no absolute answer. Like many other questions, man is and will be divided on this matter. The question would bring unending discussion and disagreement, if there was enough interest in it. However, like most messageboard questions it will evolve into something about sex.

To discover the real and absolute answer to what is justice you will have to look to God. Here again, chaos will follow because members here will never agree. In this case their disagreement will be based upon attitude. In the above paragraph disagreement will be based upon individual's perception of their own wisdom.

This is just my thoughts.

What is Justice?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's say you are in the 2nd grade in school. You also happen to be a boy. You sit behind Mary who has some long pig tails. Just to be a horse's ass, you grab one of the pig tails and give it a bit of a tug. Mary says "Ouch" because it hurts. You laugh. Mary turns around and slaps the dog poop out of you. You say "Ouch" because it hurts. I would say that this is a pretty good example of "elementary" justice.:lol:

People often confuse equality or fairness with 'justice'

I prefer to look at blind justice with a healthy dose of awe. Justice dealt is not always pleasant to either side in a dispute.

Careful what one wishes for is what I say.

"No justice no peace." I look on with amused cynicism at people who shout this slogan and similar ones. What are they really asking for? I am not always sure except for one thing...it is not justice.

$padeswood 064.jpg is my friend

Forum List

Back