What Is It With Some People?

A crying baby is worse than a preacher with a megaphone. When I run across that scenario in public I start building a cooking fire with a spit and tell the baby where it's going if it doesn't shut up.
:lol: I flew back from L.A. on the red-eye on New Year's Eve. Everyone was trying to sleep but a two year old kept screaming and screaming and screaming. After 45 minutes of this one of the passengers suggested to the parents that they take the child into the bathroom and sit there to give the rest of us a break.

:clap2:

Try it on a red eye from Korea. I felt sorry for the parents because everyone kept giving them the evil eye. I finally suggested the mother hold the babys nose while it was crying so its inner ears could equalize to the pressure. It worked and the kid slept the rest of the trip.

Good trick to remember. With an older child, you can give them gum to chew for the same purpose.

If people are trying to help, I see no problem. If they are trying to take over the parenting job, even temporarily, that becomes a problem.
My mom had one that did tantrums, she showed him what it looked like and he never threw another. I had one that would do tantrums and found that "hugging" was the best cure (they would calm themselves to gain freedom).
Good luck with yours. They are each special, please enjoy him, he will only be "that age" today.

No worries. I adore spending time with him (normally), and he's usually nice to have along on shopping trips. Like I said, he's just got that one day every three months or so when the entire world is on his shit list.

I do the silly faces, peek a boo and asking the kid what song that is they are singing and making pouty faces like I am very saddened by the little ones sadness.

sometimes they work and sometimes they dont.

If they dont I move on quickly.

Most parents get a kick out of it.

On a normal day, if he's just irritated because I took something away from him, that works on Quinn, too. During a full-blown tantrum, NOTHING works. You just have to let him yell it out. And paying attention to him just prolongs it.

If you don't want people to talk to your little tantrum, don't bring him out in public. The public has as much right to talk to him as he has to scream.

But I had a good laugh at the idea of a someone being a public nuisance complaining because people are annoying *them*

Since it is YOUR kid I probably would have called the cops and had you arrested for disturbing the peace.

images

Forum List

Back