What is going on with the Republican party?

Moderates are "listeners" who try to decide issues on their own merits and not on what a talking head might tell them to believe. Moderates do not fall prey to the screamers, either on the left or the right.
And I honestly feel that true Moderates abhor the opprtunity which sees one party or belief hold uncontested power over the other. Just as Bush enjoyed absolute power early in his administration, Obama is now holding nearly totally uncontested rule.

Will this admistration also become drunk with the authority with which they have been entrusted? If the voters perceive such, the Democrats will suffer, first in 2010 and ultimately in 2012.

Moderates and Independents will once again bring about change.

I think the liquor cabinet has already been cleaned out, the DNC is drunk with unrestrained determination to relive the Russian Revolution, and Moderate America is standing outside with soap and shampoo waiting for it to rain so you can shower, and the DNC will find a way to tax that too. I want no advice from anyone whom two days from an election, still has not made up their mind who to vote for. Nationalize banks, insurance companies, car companies, health care, owns over mortgages through Fannie and Freddie, ACORN under 270+ aliases is spreading faster than the plague, and you think the water is too tepid to bathe.

The party that espouses personal accountability and hard work are turning in to quitters.
Senator Mel Martinez, Senator Kay Baily and Govenor Sarah Palin all quit.
If we elect a modern day Republican in 2012 do we run the risk they may quit.

The party of family values has two of their leading candidates for the 2012 presidential nomination that do not value their families; Govenor Mark Stanford and Senator John Ensign.

The party of pragmatism that makes decisions with their brains rather than their heart like many liberals are not showing an intelligent constituency. The face of the Republican constituency are Joe the plumber and the overly emotional and uninformed protestors trying to stop any debate on healthcare reform.

The party of Lincoln is alienating the vast majority of minorities in our country.

What is going on?

For all the babble you just posted--you may want to look at some recent polling data.

Right now Americans trust Republicans over Democrats on the economy--deficits--& taxes.

Right now Americans trust Republicans over Democrats on national defense--& the security of this nation.

Right now Americans trust Republicans over Democrats on health care.

All of this while Barack Obama's opinion ratings are going down-down-down.

Last edited:
Bullshit there are two types of moderates leftist like you biker that call themselves moderates but support every leftist gimcrack that comes down the pike and people who actually are moderates who are usually people who vote based almost entirely on who has annoyed them most recently.

Show me any kind of rationally consistent to national politics in America over the last ten years. That can't be explained by the sort of moderates I just defined.

The party that espouses personal accountability and hard work are turning in to quitters.

The party of family values has two of their leading candidates for the 2012 presidential nomination that do not value their families; Govenor Mark Stanford and Senator John Ensign.

The party of pragmatism that makes decisions with their brains rather than their heart like many liberals are not showing an intelligent constituency. The face of the Republican constituency are Joe the plumber and the overly emotional and uninformed protestors trying to stop any debate on healthcare reform.

The party of Lincoln is alienating the vast majority of minorities in our country.

What is going on?

For all the babble you just posted--you may want to look at some recent polling data.

Right now Americans trust Republicans over Democrats on the economy--deficits--& taxes.

Right now Americans trust Republicans over Democrats on national defense--& the security of this nation.

That is contrary to all polls I have seen.

What poll are you referring to?

I have a poll for the GOP'ers..

Should you listen to your opposition when it comes to how to get elected?

Yes or....

wait for it.....

No.

What is going on?

That is contrary to all polls I have seen.

What poll are you referring to?

the one on makerepublicansfeelbetter.com

I have a poll for the GOP'ers..

Should you listen to your opposition when it comes to how to get elected?

Yes or....

wait for it.....

No.

A concept that will sail over the heads of many brain-dead democratics...

But a concept that will keep the moderates and independents voting against you ....

Pandering to the moderates and independents was tried (McLame) and it failed miserably... Turns out they don't want someone middle-of-the-road... They want someone who'll stand for something and not be a "friend to all"...

The GOP will do well if they find a conservative candidate that believes in a more right-leaning direction... Unafraid to profess those beliefs...

Left-leaning moderates tend to vote for left-leaning candidates anyway, so when one as flaming leftist as Barry Hussein entered the ring, the choice was obvious... Now we're all seeing how much of a mistake that was...

Pandering to the moderates and independents was tried

Yes and pandering to the fringe rightwing reactionaries has proven soooooo successful.

Zealots are absolutely predictable voters - elections are won and lost in the middle.

There was no candidate capable of beating Obama this time around. McCain blew his only slim chance when he let the zealots cram Palin down his throat.

Last edited:
Pandering to the moderates and independents was tried

Yes and pandering to the fringe rightwing reactionaries has proven soooooo successful.
That's not what I said the GOP should do...

Zealots are absolutely predictable voters - elections are won and lost in the middle.
Define "middle"...

Elections are won and lost on a variety of things...

There was no candidate capable of beating Obama this time around.
From the ones who tried, probably not...

McCain blew his only slim chance when he let the zesalots cram Palin down his throat.
People vote for PRESIDENT, not VP... Barry/Biden is an example in which the mesage of "Hope and Change" is not defined by an old, inside the beltway, political hack like Plugs Biden...

Define "middle"... Elections are won and lost on a variety of things...

Yes, the issues vary - but the voters pretty much remain the same. Zealot Republicans and the far right are going to vote 97% for the Republican candidate. Zealot Democrats and the far left are going to vote 97% for the Democratic candidate.

The winning candidate is going to be the one who draws the most support from the moderate independents who are not "tied" to a party.

Yes, people vote for a president. And when a presidential candidate shows such a tremendous lack of judgement, when they select a running mate who is so obviously unqualified - moderates lose confidence in that candidate.

His best chance of winning would have been with lieberman ... but as I said. I think any of the other contenders were a big longshot against Obama this time. Clinton was the only one who could give him a real run for his money.

Yes, people vote for a president. And when a presidential candidate shows such a tremendous lack of judgement, when they select a running mate who is so obviously unqualified - moderates lose confidence in that candidate.

I just showed you how that is incorrect, using Plugs Biden as the example...

You just hate Palin...

Barry the community organizer was qualified?

Please....:eusa_hand:

Moderates are "listeners" who try to decide issues on their own merits and not on what a talking head might tell them to believe. Moderates do not fall prey to the screamers, either on the left or the right.And I honestly feel that true Moderates abhor the opprtunity which sees one party or belief hold uncontested power over the other. Just as Bush enjoyed absolute power early in his administration, Obama is now holding nearly totally uncontested rule.

Will this admistration also become drunk with the authority with which they have been entrusted? If the voters perceive such, the Democrats will suffer, first in 2010 and ultimately in 2012.

Moderates and Independents will once again bring about change.
At least that's what they like to tell themselves. Yet, in the end, they always seem to end up getting conned by slick packaging in lieu of any substance.

Forum List

Back