What is going on with the Republican party?

Right winger thanks for demonstrating your level of retardation. No one is claiming Obama Care will lead to death squads. For one thing you don't have to send out death squads to kill people with easily curable diseases that will die if they aren't treated. The point here is that once the government takes over health care they will whether anyone likes it or not become the agency that choses who will live and who will die.

Further, the Republican Party lost favor with the voters not becuase they became too conservative on social issues or anything else but because under Rove and Bush they became the party of me too on almost all domestic social spending.

From the also ran for VP in the last presidential election cycle:

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's "death panel" so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their "level of productivity in society," whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."

Palin: Obama's "Death Panel" Could Kill My Down Syndrome Baby | TPMDC

So, um, bullshit.

Right winger thanks for demonstrating your level of retardation. No one is claiming Obama Care will lead to death squads. For one thing you don't have to send out death squads to kill people with easily curable diseases that will die if they aren't treated. The point here is that once the government takes over health care they will whether anyone likes it or not become the agency that choses who will live and who will die.

Further, the Republican Party lost favor with the voters not becuase they became too conservative on social issues or anything else but because under Rove and Bush they became the party of me too on almost all domestic social spending.

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's "death panel" so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their "level of productivity in society," whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."

So, um, bullshit.

Such a statement from a supposedly credible candidate to lead our nation is reprehensible. If it came from Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter you could understand...but why someone with an eye towards higher office would spout such filth is despicable

The death panel is exactly what they already have in Europe and what we will have with Obama care in ten years. To be sure they don't call it a death panel but it does determine who gets treatment and who doesn't. That such groups exist at all is testament to the fact that the notion of universal health care is a fraud and exists no where on earth because no entity public or private can afford it.

It is frustrating to me, that so many are shocked at what our government has become. Holding your nose while voting, just to keep another person out that you don't want, along with putting political party first, is what brings about the results and consequences of what we are seeing today.

Instead of putting down the partisan Kool-Aid, and adopting a better modus operandi, many have fallen back into the Republican v Democrat mentality.

Freedom and Liberty is not about party politics. It is not about party loyalty. Party loyalty be damned.

Would you allow yourselves to be in and stay in abusive relationships? Hopefully not. And yet, you allow your employees to steal, lie, cheat, and rape the foundation of this Republic. And for what? So you can keep telling yourself, that party X crap doesn't stink as bad as party Y crap?

The best and only way to fight against an out of control government, is to admit to yourself, that in one way or another, we are all to blame for the current state of our Republic. How can people defend the foundation of this Republic, when they don't know what the foundation is, much less what it states?

According to the foundation of this Republic, the federal government has no business being in the business of universal healthcare. That should be the focus. People need to be educated unfortunately.

Posting on a message board can be constructive, informative, and fun. At the same time, it is not enough. If you are depending on your representatives to listen to you, and vote no on this crap, you are living in another world. The employees do not respect the employers, because the employers have given them no reason to. The employers ( as a whole ) have played the battered wife so long, that is all they know. They have come to see abuse as faithfulness etc.

"We The People" need to rise up and be a thorn in the side of the employees every single day. That takes work. It take dedication. It takes organization. It takes sacrifice. If you are too ambivalent or too busy for such, you deserve the government you get.

The party that espouses personal accountability and hard work are turning in to quitters.
Senator Mel Martinez, Senator Kay Baily and Govenor Sarah Palin all quit.
If we elect a modern day Republican in 2012 do we run the risk they may quit.

The party of family values has two of their leading candidates for the 2012 presidential nomination that do not value their families; Govenor Mark Stanford and Senator John Ensign.

The party of pragmatism that makes decisions with their brains rather than their heart like many liberals are not showing an intelligent constituency. The face of the Republican constituency are Joe the plumber and the overly emotional and uninformed protestors trying to stop any debate on healthcare reform.

The party of Lincoln is alienating the vast majority of minorities in our country.

What is going on?

Is it one party or party politics in general that is failing this country and "We the People". Of course we the people do have the power to take away the stranglehold the "good old boys" party networks have on us and this country. But do we have the guts?

It is frustrating to me, that so many are shocked at what our government has become. Holding your nose while voting, just to keep another person out that you don't want, along with putting political party first, is what brings about the results and consequences of what we are seeing today.

Instead of putting down the partisan Kool-Aid, and adopting a better modus operandi, many have fallen back into the Republican v Democrat mentality.

Freedom and Liberty is not about party politics. It is not about party loyalty. Party loyalty be damned.

Would you allow yourselves to be in and stay in abusive relationships? Hopefully not. And yet, you allow your employees to steal, lie, cheat, and rape the foundation of this Republic. And for what? So you can keep telling yourself, that party X crap doesn't stink as bad as party Y crap?

The best and only way to fight against an out of control government, is to admit to yourself, that in one way or another, we are all to blame for the current state of our Republic. How can people defend the foundation of this Republic, when they don't know what the foundation is, much less what it states?

According to the foundation of this Republic, the federal government has no business being in the business of universal healthcare. That should be the focus. People need to be educated unfortunately.

Posting on a message board can be constructive, informative, and fun. At the same time, it is not enough. If you are depending on your representatives to listen to you, and vote no on this crap, you are living in another world. The employees do not respect the employers, because the employers have given them no reason to. The employers ( as a whole ) have played the battered wife so long, that is all they know. They have come to see abuse as faithfulness etc.

"We The People" need to rise up and be a thorn in the side of the employees every single day. That takes work. It take dedication. It takes organization. It takes sacrifice. If you are too ambivalent or too busy for such, you deserve the government you get.

I find some agreement with You BGG. I do disagree about the Foundation and how far back this rift goes. I support The Constitution, though I do not see it as a perfect Document. Neither did the founders. That is why they provided for Constitutional Amendment, which is the only means of remedy I support.

From my perspective, Hamilton had sinister characteristics within himself, and within his contribution to the terminology of the Constitution. He was more Imperialist, than a supporter of free will and self determination. He did reverse himself on three major issues, after getting the Constitution Ratified. Enumerated Powers and General Health and Welfare were two of the reversals. Two of which we are still fighting over today.

I recommend a good read for you. "Reclaiming The American Revolution", by William J Watkins Jr.. I may not agree with everything in it, but I respect it and am thankful for the insight.

I find some agreement with You BGG. I do disagree about the Foundation and how far back this rift goes. I support The Constitution, though I do not see it as a perfect Document. Neither did the founders. That is why they provided for Constitutional Amendment, which is the only means of remedy I support.

From my perspective, Hamilton had sinister characteristics within himself, and within his contribution to the terminology of the Constitution. He was more Imperialist, than a supporter of free will and self determination. He did reverse himself on three major issues, after getting the Constitution Ratified. Enumerated Powers and General Health and Welfare were two of the reversals. Two of which we are still fighting over today.

I recommend a good read for you. "Reclaiming The American Revolution", by William J Watkins Jr.. I may not agree with everything in it, but I respect it and am thankful for the insight.

It is true that the Constitution is not perfect. It was written by imperfect men. It is being adjudicated by imperfect people. Be that as it may, I believe it to be a solid document of law. And yes, like you, I believe in Article V.

The rift has been going on for over 200 years. It didn't start with President Obama, Bush, or even Wilson, as much as I dislike what he did. Only ignorant people and partisan hacks see the rift as recent.

The people ( as a whole ) are getting the government they deserve, because of their actions. Denial keeps many deaf, dumb, and blind.

It angers me to see so many of my fellow Americans playing games with our Constitution and the governance thereof. It angers me that so many don't even bother to get involved.

There is no such as a perfect government. However, "We The People" can do a lot better than what they have been doing, in my opinion. There is no excuse for what has been happening lo these many decades.

"I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard." William Lloyd Garrison

I will check out the book you mentioned. Thank you.

The party that espouses personal accountability and hard work are turning in to quitters.

The party of family values has two of their leading candidates for the 2012 presidential nomination that do not value their families; Govenor Mark Stanford and Senator John Ensign.

The party of pragmatism that makes decisions with their brains rather than their heart like many liberals are not showing an intelligent constituency. The face of the Republican constituency are Joe the plumber and the overly emotional and uninformed protestors trying to stop any debate on healthcare reform.

The party of Lincoln is alienating the vast majority of minorities in our country.

What is going on?

Is it one party or party politics in general that is failing this country and "We the People". Of course we the people do have the power to take away the stranglehold the "good old boys" party networks have on us and this country. But do we have the guts?

Do you really think that the strangle hold is brought by either Party?
Why do you not suspect the relationship with the very Infrastructure of the Federal Government being tied into Big Business partnerships to bankroll their way of life, as in Oligarchy State. Hamilton set it up.

Our Government set itself up as a referee between the corporations and us, that profits from us every time we write a check. It is not impartial. It will seek damage control over established justice every time it faces the prospect of a loss. The referee needs to be impartial, with no players or interest on either side, focused on rule of play, and the integrity of the field, not insured outcome. Hamilton lived and breathed "The End Justifies The Means", he gave us the appearance of a Republic, while establishing the foundation of something that took away Government by the consent of the governed. We have Government by the consent of the few, with millions and billions, spent convincing us that we actually have a say. I am a Constitutionalist in the spirit of Madison or Jefferson. We need to repair the breach. That is neither Left or Right.

Real major involvement in government by business did not happen until WWII when it suddenly became clear that Gvoernment was going to begin picking economic winners and losers and most business people began to figure out in short order that in this climate if they failed to jump to one side or the other both would bury them while the other merely disinterested looked on while it happened. Teh latest example of what happens to businessmen who esceh politics and become very successful was the assault by the Clinton Justice department upon Microsoft at the behest of Clinton contributor Sun Microsystems. This assault in no small part was what ended the tech Bubble.

So, um, bullshit.

Such a statement from a supposedly credible candidate to lead our nation is reprehensible. If it came from Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter you could understand...but why someone with an eye towards higher office would spout such filth is despicable

Because that's what the GOP base eats up, that's why.

Moderates are people with no real conviction other than that they wish one party or the other would just go away and leave them in peace. And they don't really care which party that is. Most of the time they vote against the party of the incumbents because they get more air time and bug them more. They represent the 20% swing vote in almost every election and go far to explaining why the last thing American politics does is reflect any sort of rational consistancy over the last fifty odd years.

A biker the fact of the matter is that you can't get a kidney transplant in France after sixty and after 67 you get to die of kidney failure because they wont give you dialysis either. That is what Palin and a host of other well informed conservatives are talking about. No one is saying that Obama will send out death squads to kill old people. It isn't necessary simple denial of care results in the same thing without the need to buy bullets.

Moderates make their own mind up on issues. They do not let a political party do it for them.
They look for pragmatic solutions to real life problems. They do not tie themselves to one political ideology. An ideology is based on theory not the real world.
Moderates believe in compromise.

Our founding Father s knew the wisdom of compromise. We would not have a constitution or a country without compromise.

Moderates are open minded. Extremists on both sides of the political spectrum are closed minded. That is one of the biggest problems in todays political system.

What is going on?

Good point

Elmer, There is a time and place for compromise, it is not always appropriate. If I stole $100.00 from you and gave $50.00 back, would that be appropriate? I think that by violating your right to property, I violated a moral code, I violated a Civil Law. When compromise brings Violation, Loss of Life, loss of Liberty, Loss of Property, I Truly have to Justify the Decision and compare the value of what is lost to what is gained. When my decision or vote compromises others against their will and better judgement, I carry a greater burden. I need to Justify more, not less the purpose behind what I do, as much as the Method. Nobody has moral justification signing anything into law that they have neither read nor understand, or support. That is a Breach of Trust.

So, um, bullshit.

Aaaaaaaaaand some people think she's qualified to be President...

Elmer, There is a time and place for compromise, it is not always appropriate. If I stole $100.00 from you and gave $50.00 back, would that be appropriate? I think that by violating your right to property, I violated a moral code, I violated a Civil Law. When compromise brings Violation, Loss of Life, loss of Liberty, Loss of Property, I Truly have to Justify the Decision and compare the value of what is lost to what is gained. When my decision or vote compromises others against their will and better judgement, I carry a greater burden. I need to Justify more, not less the purpose behind what I do, as much as the Method. Nobody has moral justification signing anything into law that they have neither read nor understand, or support. That is a Breach of Trust.

I agree.
Some issues you can compromise on some there is no room for compromise.

As with most things in this world there is a balance. If you compromise on every issue there is no moral compass. Just as bad is to not compromise on anything. There is a balance somewhere in between.

Moderates are people with no real conviction other than that they wish one party or the other would just go away and leave them in peace. And they don't really care which party that is. Most of the time they vote against the party of the incumbents because they get more air time and bug them more. They represent the 20% swing vote in almost every election and go far to explaining why the last thing American politics does is reflect any sort of rational consistancy over the last fifty odd years.

A biker the fact of the matter is that you can't get a kidney transplant in France after sixty and after 67 you get to die of kidney failure because they wont give you dialysis either. That is what Palin and a host of other well informed conservatives are talking about. No one is saying that Obama will send out death squads to kill old people. It isn't necessary simple denial of care results in the same thing without the need to buy bullets.

Provide a link where that is the truth ya pussy or shut the fuck up.

You're probably one of those Palin kool aid followers who think that Obama is going to send Trig in front of a death panel as well eh?

You were too much of a pussy to stay in the military, yet you tell me what an expert you are............three years and zero leadership doesn't make you an expert on gays in the military.

Neither does watching FAUX News and quoting Palin without anything to back it up.

Try again asshole.

Provide a link where that is the truth ya pussy or shut the fuck up.

You're probably one of those Palin kool aid followers who think that Obama is going to send Trig in front of a death panel as well eh?

You were too much of a pussy to stay in the military, yet you tell me what an expert you are............three years and zero leadership doesn't make you an expert on gays in the military.

Neither does watching FAUX News and quoting Palin without anything to back it up.

Try again asshole.
Biker, the truth about today's "moderates" is what Gary is saying, though.

They sell out to either party and their principles (whether "right" "left" or whatever) is sacrificed. Like McCain and Graham for example. They're "moderates" but they have no spine and sacrifice their principles in order to be "in" with the Democrats. Just like there are "moderate" Democrats like Ben Nelson (from Nebraska, I think) that try to be allegedly "right" like Republicans. It's all a dumb, stupid game. Plus, it makes you look like you have a serious dearth of conviction.

Now, on the other hand, pragmatism is an entirely different manner.

Forum List

Back