What is going on with the Republican party?

Until the republican party takes the reigns away from people like Rush Limbaugh, they will be leaderless.

Notsomuch.

Okay, who leads the GOP? Who speaks for the GOP?

I am waiting...:eusa_whistle:

Right now? Nobody. But your point is llogically fallacious because the GOP has had many leaders since Rush Limbaugh came to national prominence. Following the logic, the Republican party will once again find a leader no matter what Rush does.

No he'll do the same thing they currently do in France and Germany. Deny care to the elderly so they can save money.

The debate isn't if it's going to happen but when. No country in the world has truly universal health care simply because no country in the world can afford it. It is just simply to damn expensive to try to provide the best possible health care for everyone.

which summer was it the French went on vaction and hundreds and hundreds of their elderly died of heat stroke??? :lol::lol::lol::lol: they don't give em no damn air conditioning either.. oh well.

Right now? Nobody. But your point is llogically fallacious because the GOP has had many leaders since Rush Limbaugh came to national prominence. Following the logic, the Republican party will once again find a leader no matter what Rush does.

And while you wait, the absurd Rush continues to make his stupid comments and continues alienate independents and moderates. The sad part of the whole matter is NO ONE in the GOP has the fortitude to stand up and disagree with Rush. Until they do, he will continue to drag the party down...and become rich doing it.

I know Rush faithful who wear his ties and praise his words. He is laughing all the way to the bank.

I know Rush faithful who wear his ties and praise his words. He is laughing all the way to the bank.

Yeah, they're idiots. People who also obsessively oppose whatever comes out of his mouth are also idiots.

He laughs at both groups on the way to the bank.

Rush Limbaugh is like a prostitute. He will do anything for money with total disregard of morality.

Yeah, they're idiots. People who also obsessively oppose whatever comes out of his mouth are also idiots.

That idiot will not get a penny from me. Anyone who listens to him on a regular basis has issues...

Question for Republicans..

Are you satisfied where your party is today vs where it was 10 years ago?

If not...who do you blame?

Someone further up the thread asked where conservatives were actually saying what the left said they were saying?

Here ya go.........

Sarah Palin (a conservative by her own admission), has publicly stated IN THE LAST FUCKING WEEK AT A NEWS CONFERENCE that Obama was going to kill old people.

Limp Idiot (alleged leader of the conservatives), has stated REPEATEDLY on his show that Obama's little logo for his health care program is actually a nazi eagle.

Where the fuck's the swastika?

Glenn Blech has just flat out lied repeatedly on his show. But........what do you expect, as the owner of FAUX News, Rupert Murdoch has publicly stated he's not concerned with facts.

Even on the news.

That idiot will not get a penny from me. Anyone who listens to him on a regular basis has issues...

He doesn't get paid from listeners. He gets paid from advertisers. And by continually talking about him and his relevance, liberals and democrats are unwittingly promoting his show.

You want him to get really hurt? Ignore him and don't talk about him.

The party that espouses personal accountability and hard work are turning in to quitters.
Senator Mel Martinez, Senator Kay Baily and Govenor Sarah Palin all quit.
If we elect a modern day Republican in 2012 do we run the risk they may quit.

The party of family values has two of their leading candidates for the 2012 presidential nomination that do not value their families; Govenor Mark Stanford and Senator John Ensign.

The party of pragmatism that makes decisions with their brains rather than their heart like many liberals are not showing an intelligent constituency. The face of the Republican constituency are Joe the plumber and the overly emotional and uninformed protestors trying to stop any debate on healthcare reform.

The party of Lincoln is alienating the vast majority of minorities in our country.

What is going on?

You list two people as quitters, project them onto the entire party representation, and then try to paint the entire party as quitters Do you not see the logical fallacy?

The party that espouses personal accountability and hard work are turning in to quitters.
Senator Mel Martinez, Senator Kay Baily and Govenor Sarah Palin all quit.
If we elect a modern day Republican in 2012 do we run the risk they may quit.

The party of family values has two of their leading candidates for the 2012 presidential nomination that do not value their families; Govenor Mark Stanford and Senator John Ensign.

The party of pragmatism that makes decisions with their brains rather than their heart like many liberals are not showing an intelligent constituency. The face of the Republican constituency are Joe the plumber and the overly emotional and uninformed protestors trying to stop any debate on healthcare reform.

The party of Lincoln is alienating the vast majority of minorities in our country.

What is going on?

You list two people as quitters, project them onto the entire party representation, and then try to paint the entire party as quitters Do you not see the logical fallacy?
Yup.

However, since all the Palin worshippers are making her out to be some kind of frontrunner, it's easy to see why people would generalize so much.

[SIZE=+1]Consciousness of a Conservative:[/SIZE]
A Philosophy Without a Party - by Ted Rall
Link
Excerpt:
Conservatives think the election results prove that conservatism is in trouble. Actually, conservatism is fine. It's the Republican Party that's in trouble...In the United States, conservatism is a philosophy without a party... For the sake of my long-suffering conservative friends as well as the country, it's time to unravel the conflation of conservatism and the Republican Party. Why do I care? Simple: America needs conservatives--real conservatives. Deficit hawks, America Firsters and get-that-dang-guvmint-outta-my-bizness types are essential watchdogs of fiscal responsibility and personal freedom. Moreover, ideological diversity sparks intellectual innovation.

Ted's right. If Republicans were actually conservatives, their party would be more successful. But the party of smaller government was hijacked by the religio-crazies and the Neo-Cons.

Good points. I also think the implosion of the GOP comes from a certain mental state in that they held themselves out to be the "American Party" for the past several years.

The talking points by the talking heads fed a constant stream of re-enforcement to the faithful. They believed (and believe) that they stood for everything good and the Democrats stood for everything bad.

Then they were rejected in 2006 and 2008.

I knew the cognitive dissonance was going to be bad. I didn't know it was going to be this bad.

They'll find their rudder eventually. This country needs a strong two party system.

The view that "If you don't agree with me, then leave." has left many disenchanted with the Grand Ole Party. That view, as ridiculous as it seems, it continually expressed even on this message board. When the suggestion was made to look to more inclusion and perhaps a change of direction, the party faithful quickly shot the idea down.

So they ignore the outrageous statements by their talking heads and they reject even the suggestion that they re-examine their direction. It sounds like a plan for failure.

The view that "If you don't agree with me, then leave." has left many disenchanted with the Grand Ole Party. That view, as ridiculous as it seems, it continually expressed even on this message board. When the suggestion was made to look to more inclusion and perhaps a change of direction, the party faithful quickly shot the idea down.

So they ignore the outrageous statements by their talking heads and they reject even the suggestion that they re-examine their direction. It sounds like a plan for failure.

And this is why the party will continue to fail until they collapse completely. The GOP needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. 2006 and 2008 were not big enough wakeup calls. They are still driving moderates out of the party.

And this is why the party will continue to fail until they collapse completely. The GOP needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. 2006 and 2008 were not big enough wakeup calls. They are still driving moderates out of the party.
What are "moderates" to you?

What are "moderates" to you?

Moderates are those seeking a middle ground on issues such as healthcare, gay rights, abortion/birth control, restrictions on certain weapons. Current republicans are incapable of compromise

Moderates are people with no real conviction other than that they wish one party or the other would just go away and leave them in peace. And they don't really care which party that is. Most of the time they vote against the party of the incumbents because they get more air time and bug them more. They represent the 20% swing vote in almost every election and go far to explaining why the last thing American politics does is reflect any sort of rational consistancy over the last fifty odd years.

A biker the fact of the matter is that you can't get a kidney transplant in France after sixty and after 67 you get to die of kidney failure because they wont give you dialysis either. That is what Palin and a host of other well informed conservatives are talking about. No one is saying that Obama will send out death squads to kill old people. It isn't necessary simple denial of care results in the same thing without the need to buy bullets.

Last edited:
Moderates are those seeking a middle ground on issues such as healthcare, gay rights, abortion/birth control, restrictions on certain weapons. Current republicans are incapable of compromise.
Were that true, I'd still be a republican.

Truth is that republicans are born to appease, cave, capitulate and compromise.

True of Newt, Specter, Graham, McCain, to name a few I'm not coming back till they are memories.

I don't care if someone is Left or Right, I do care when Principle and Conviction, is corrupted or undermined.

Last edited:
Moderates are those seeking a middle ground on issues such as healthcare, gay rights, abortion/birth control, restrictions on certain weapons. Current republicans are incapable of compromise.
Were that true, I'd still be a republican.

Truth is that republicans are born to appease, cave, capitulate and compromise.

True of Newt, Specter, Graham, McCain, to name a few I'm not coming back till they are memories.

I don't care if someone is Left or Right, I do care when Principal and Conviction, is corrupted or undermined.
Fair 'nuf. :)

Forum List

Back