What is currently holding YOU back from success???

you wrote:Whose freedom to do what? The average person doesn't have more economic freedom now than he or she had in 1973. Only the very rich and corporations have more -- and because they do, everyone else has less."

THERE WAS NO internet in 1973! There was NO CELL PHONE in 1973! WE had 3 networks! Heart transplants were rare! People with diabetes had legs cut off!
And you moan and grown about NO economic freedom?
GEEZ... You NEVER practiced "Duck and cover" did you and you don't know what that means?
I seriously am surprised at what you learned in school but every day from the first I learned what an atom bomb could do.. ALL of us were raised at in the 50s & 60s to wonder "is this the day MAD will occur??
AGAIN you have NO IDEA WHAT "MAD" was do you?
NOT knowing if today your world would be destroyed as you knew it because some guy in Moscow pushed a button!
YOU moan and groan about how bad it was.. YOU never talked to someone that lived during the 30s did you? I DID and to this day I eat my plate clean because MY DAD who lived through the depression made us as kids appreciate food and eat the plate clean! How many times have you done that? I bet very few but like most whiny you never knew what it was like to go to bed HUNGRY!
40 million people have food tonite .. when my Dad was growing up.. people starved every day and now we have moaners who are FAT! UNHEARD of.. look at the OWS and count the FAT people moaning about NOTHING!

Yeah, except the deal has NEVER been more stacked against the Non rich. But thanks for mouthing the BS Pep talk from the bought off pundits...The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison. And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? Hoping for your recovery...

Go get em Obie! Moohahahahahahahaha!!

Yet...........every single American is counted among the 15% richest humans on the planet. Yeah, we got it SOOOOO bad.

Just worse than ever before, that's all...Thanks to voodoo and idiotic GOP leadership from UP the behind...

Yeah, except the deal has NEVER been more stacked against the Non rich. But thanks for mouthing the BS Pep talk from the bought off pundits...The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison. And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? Hoping for your recovery...

Go get em Obie! Moohahahahahahahaha!!

Yet...........every single American is counted among the 15% richest humans on the planet. Yeah, we got it SOOOOO bad.

Just worse than ever before, that's all...Thanks to voodoo and idiotic GOP leadership from UP the behind...

Really?

Life expectancy is up.

Obesity is up............which literally means we are consuming far more calories than we are working off. Too much food, not enough mandatory labor. Tell me WHEN in human history that has been a BAD thing?

Plenty of housing available, whether it be homes, apts, condos.

We aren't being invaded.

We pay more for damn iphones than some people in other continents pay for homes.

Obesity is because of BAD FOOD- fast food, processed crap- CHEAP SHYTTE- no MONEY to do anything but sit at home- statistical fact- NOT ME, ASSHOLE!!!-

Jeebus you dupes are DUMB. Have you ever considered changing the GD channel and learning something but the idiot dupe talking points? SERIOUSLY- be a good citizen instead of a mindless flag waving drone?

Where's your evidence that MOST people are failing to achieve success.

And please define your idea of success.

Success is a middle-class lifestyle: the ability to own your own home, raise a family, and have plenty of leisure time while doing it. Currently, that would require at least a $75,000 income on one salary, to achieve the kind of success my father did in the 1950s and 1960s.

The evidence that most people are failing to achieve that is easily available. Do you really need it linked?

So all these "failures" can afford cell phones, cable, cars etc?

Most people's woes can be traced back to their incompetence with their finances.

The OP is right on. I worked two jobs while attending grad school and supporting a family, have gone years at a stretch working three jobs, and still work two jobs now just because people won't stop requesting my services.

Obesity is because of BAD FOOD- fast food, processed crap- CHEAP SHYTTE- no MONEY to do anything but sit at home- statistical fact- NOT ME, ASSHOLE!!!-

Jeebus you dupes are DUMB. Have you ever considered changing the GD channel and learning something but the idiot dupe talking points? SERIOUSLY- be a good citizen instead of a mindless flag waving drone?

Can you post those stats pleas ?

I disagree. While I agree any degree in liberal arts is worthless...I have 4-year degree and got a much better job when I got out than my friends who didn't go to college. I also left college owing exactly $0. Mainly because I ran my own business while going to school. It's called not be lazy. People from all works of life don't work: and when somebody isn't working as hard as they can-there's 10 people out there who are.

Pardon me. You went to college for four years, and you think "It's called 'not be lazy'" is a proper sentence?

It's a typo. I obviously left out the "ing". But I'm sure you never make any typos whatsoever.

Your post also reflects your post, and intelligence (if that's in fact what you were trying to allude to), than my own. Literally, all you did in your point was point out a typo I made. You didn't raise any thoughtful insights, and chose to address a grammatical error-ignoring the actual context of my post.

In short: if that's all you got, you really are clueless.

Now let me fill you in on my own personal life experiences (as that's all anybody truly has to go by). Two good friends of mine:

-One is currently in the middle of med-school, has held several jobs
-One didn't get a college degree. Dropped out of community college. Literally has never worked a day in his life, and still lives at home. I asked him a few months ago what he was planning on doing career wise...and his answer was "I don't know....nothing I guess" and laughed.

Take a guess which one supports the OWS, and complains about income inequality.

You should have left well enough alone. The college that admitted you ought to be ashamed.

you wrote" Are you an idiot or an A-hole? Hoping for your recovery..."

HEY FUMBUCK!

YOUR TAG! The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care ??

WHAT DO THESE HEADLINES ABOUT "MODERN COUNTRIES WITH HEALTH CARE INDICIATE???
“The government is at risk,” Umberto Bossi,

According to officials briefed on deliberations, talks between European government negotiators and representatives of Greek bondholders remained inconclusive, putting at risk one of the three key pillars of a deal: a final resolution on Greece’s second bail-out.

WHAT F..ING GOOD IS HEALTH CARE IF THE GOVERNMENTS BELLY UP???
Across Europe, healthcare is barely managing to cover its costs. ...
The financial meltdown is being caused by two interconnected trends:
the ageing of the population ...
The basic problem is the spiralling cost of healthcare, which is expected to continue. ... and thereby remove the promise of universal healthcare coverage.

SO FUNTCACE... WHERE IS THE MODEL OF HEALTH CARE IN 'MODERN COUNTRIES" GOING? BROKE!
YOU KNOW THE B E S T P A R T OF YOU W E N T D O W N Y O U R M O M ' S L E G!

Last edited:
#109- Don't be thick...The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (500k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison. And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?

"WHERE IS THE MODEL OF HEALTH CARE IN 'MODERN COUNTRIES" GOING? BROKE!"

Actually they went broke buying Pub Toxic assets...our health "system" costs twice as much, 45k deaths and 750k bankruptcies a year, and is ruining our economy. Bought off Pubs will never fix it or tell the truth, dupe.

Last edited:
I'm holding myself back of course!! I bought a house in 2005 that was going to be worth less than I paid three years later because I'm too stupid to have ESP or a working crystal ball. My friend is holding herself back by getting laid off because she was too stupid to have a job that isn't shipped overseas. It's all our fault. Of course. Who's fault do you think it is? Stock brokers making risky investments with bad mortgages causing mortgages to be freely handed out because money can be made on them even if they're risky? Nah......it's definitely our own faults. We really need to learn how to see the future better.

Did you CHOOSE to buy the house or were you forced to buy it??

Did your friend get forced into that company? Did she choose to work there?? Did she have the freedom to research the company's performance and future goals??

You have the freedom... what you do with that freedom is all on you.... We've all made choices that have not panned out as all positive... SUCK IT UP AND DRIVE ON... we have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail

Someone forces you to eat a $2.50 burger dripping with fat over veggies from the produce section or farmer's market that would cost you half of that??

You are a fucking idiot....

#116-After 30 years of voodoo, so many people are stuck with no farmers markets or even grocery stores within walking distance. Have a look at the wprld outside. NOT ME, A-hole!! LOL

New Topics

Forum List

Back