What is Conservatism?

I'm just wondering if one of the so called conservatives can inform me of what conservatism is with regard to economic policy.
I was under the impression that conservatism is lower taxes, lower government spending, and balanced budgets. I have never seen a conservative do this though. The era of big deficits and big government spending started with Reagan as he was the first president to say screw it just blow up the deficit.

Actually things might have turned out ok because Bill Clinton actually cut government spending and thus had a government surplus. All that was thrown out the window when Bush another so called conservative passed massive tax cuts that did little to spur economic growth along with massive government spending bills turning a surplus to a massive deficit.

Now we have Trump who has done the same as Bush and has enacted a massive tax cut and massive spending bills leading to a massive deficit 10 years into an economic expansion when deficits are supposed to be at their smallest.

I haven't seen any so-called conservatives criticizing any of this so I am just wondering what they believe in and what is conservatism?

The massive tax cut has resulted in the highest level of tax collections in history.

Trump has directed Exec Branch department heads to cut expenses 5%.
It wasn't a massive tax cut. And every tax increase in the last 30 years has also resulted in increased record revenues. Something your propagandists never tell you. On purpose. Because they know you are that stupid.

Ooooo! A five percent spending cut! Too bad Trump has DOUBLED our deficits to one trillion dollars, eh? I guess that five percent cut will make a "massive" dent in the 100 percent increase in the deficit.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Christ, you people are getting dumber and dumber. Pretty soon, you will need someone to feed you. I just hope it is something other than the manufactured bullshit you gobble down every day.

What Trump's tax cut and spending increase has done is the same as raising your credit limit and asking for lower monthly payments.

That shit WILL catch up to us.

Well, it will really catch up to our kids and grandkids, but who gives a shit about them, right?

The parroting rubes are fed some shit by their propagandists which is intended to distract them from Trump's massive increase in spending.

"Look over here! Increased revenues! Don't look over there at all that spending which DWARFS the increase in revenues!"

Classic misdirection. And the dumb shits fall for it every time.

Nor have their propagandists ever run stories about the record revenues after Obama's tax increases or Clinton's tax increases. Revenues DOUBLED in four years after Clinton's massive tax increase.

Lies of omission. Misdirection.

"Eating that shit is what I bleev makes me a 'conservative'!"

I'm just wondering if one of the so called conservatives can inform me of what conservatism is with regard to economic policy.
I was under the impression that conservatism is lower taxes, lower government spending, and balanced budgets. I have never seen a conservative do this though. The era of big deficits and big government spending started with Reagan as he was the first president to say screw it just blow up the deficit.

Actually things might have turned out ok because Bill Clinton actually cut government spending and thus had a government surplus. All that was thrown out the window when Bush another so called conservative passed massive tax cuts that did little to spur economic growth along with massive government spending bills turning a surplus to a massive deficit.

Now we have Trump who has done the same as Bush and has enacted a massive tax cut and massive spending bills leading to a massive deficit 10 years into an economic expansion when deficits are supposed to be at their smallest.

I haven't seen any so-called conservatives criticizing any of this so I am just wondering what they believe in and what is conservatism?

The massive tax cut has resulted in the highest level of tax collections in history.

It wasn't a massive tax cut. And every tax increase in the last 30 years has also resulted in increased record revenues. Something your propagandists never tell you. On purpose. Because they know you are that stupid.

Ooooo! A five percent spending cut! Too bad Trump has DOUBLED our deficits to one trillion dollars, eh? I guess that five percent cut will make a "massive" dent in the 100 percent increase in the deficit.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Christ, you people are getting dumber and dumber. Pretty soon, you will need someone to feed you. I just hope it is something other than the manufactured bullshit you gobble down every day.

You sad widdle Proggies need to get your stories straight. Out of one side out your Collective Mouth you claim that the tax cuts have made the deficit worse, and now you say they are insignificant.

Oh, and that Collective Halitosis is noxious.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

You sad widdle Proggies need to get your stories straight. Out of one side out your Collective Mouth you claim that the tax cuts have made the deficit worse, and now you say they are insignificant.

A small tax cut can cause massive deficits, idiot.

Trump's fake tax "reform" will add another $1.5 trillion to our debt over the next ten years.

"Math is hard!"

Tards blindly parrot stories about increased revenues after a tax cut. But they are never told by their propagandists that revenues increased when taxes were raised, too.

When your propagandist does not tell you about increased revenues after a tax increase, then you are a fucking idiot if you bleev they are being honest with you.

Your propagandists give you that "tax cuts increase revenues" shit to parrot so you don't notice Trump is ACCELERATING OUR DEBT.

Go ahead. See for yourself. Here is a history of tax rates: https://files.taxfoundation.org/legacy/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_nominal.pdf

Notice how tax rates increased under Bill Clinton in 1993. The top marginal rate increased from 31 percent to 39.6 percent, and stayed that way until 2001.

Now here is a history of federal revenues: Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

Notice how tax revenues INCREASED after the tax rates went UP:

• FY 2000 - $2.03 trillion
  • FY 1999 - $1.82 trillion.
  • FY 1998 - $1.72 trillion.
  • FY 1997 - $1.58 trillion.
  • FY 1996 - $1.45 trillion.
  • FY 1995 - $1.35 trillion.
  • FY 1994 - $1.26 trillion.
  • FY 1993 - $1.15 trillion.
  • FY 1992 - $1.09 trillion.
  • FY 1991 - $1.05 trillion.

Just a few years after Clinton's tax increase, federal revenues had DOUBLED!!!

And after the Bush tax cut expired on the top marginal rate, federal revenues continued to increase.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Trump's fake tax "reform" will add another $1.5 trillion to our debt over the next ten years.

"Math is hard!"

That's your pathetic spin.

In RealityLand, even JFK realized that lower taxes encourage economic growth and increase tax receipts. The real problems for the deficit are outlays: primarily bloated entitlements, spending on out-of-Constitutional-scope programs, and increasing interest on the debt.

The tards will continue to get back in line for refills of their piss cups. And they will still parrot what they are told to parrot, and bleev what they are told to bleev.

And never once will they engage their alleged brains in critical thinking, which is exactly what their propagandists want. Blind parroting morons. Deliberately dumbed down, so they vote for who they are told to vote for like little armies of bots.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

"Math is hard!"

In RealityLand, even JFK realized that lower taxes encourage economic growth and increase tax receipts. The real problems for the deficit are outlays: primarily bloated entitlements, spending on out-of-Constitutional-scope programs, and increasing interest on the debt.
See?

Already back in line for a refill of your piss cup.

When confronted with reality, the fallback of every tard is "Nuh-uh!" :lol:

How...obedient and submissive of you.

I wore a uniform and served my country in combat. I love the fact that the United States of America is a grand experiment in self rule. I stood up for this principle with my very life. That’s what conservatives stand for. I’m sorry...I’m Old School..do I need a mic drop at the end of that?

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

"Math is hard!"

See?

^^^ What a maroon! ^^^

I wore a uniform and served my country in combat. I love the fact that the United States of America is a grand experiment in self rule. I stood up for this principle with my very life. That’s what conservatives stand for.
I'm a vet, too. If you or I had died in combat, we would not be able to count on Trump showing up to honor us if it was raining.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

"Math is hard!"

See?

^^^ What a maroon! ^^^

"Nuh-uh!"

"Math is hard!"

See?

^^^ What a maroon! ^^^

"Nuh-uh!"

You're a real nowhere man

All the GOP has to do to prove it's serious is to cut spending first.

As long as they don't, they're playing their base for fools.

Don't look now, the GOP is out of power.

Now they can take the next two years off in the hopes of getting back into power by making Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters bring them the needed votes.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Yeah, they pissed away the last two years, but as long as they keep the base happy....

Sounds like eight years under Ears too
Yep. Trump is like Obama. Only worse. Instead of lowering our deficits, like Obama did, Trump has doubled our deficits in just two years.

I'm fine with you rubes equating Trump to Obama. That's awesome.

Every time you blubber, "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Obama", you are admitting Trump is a piece of shit, too, and that you were conned.

Dem's oppose any spending cuts, there you have it.
HMMM well seeing how the only president we ever have that made real cuts and had balanced budgets is Clinton. He made a lot of cuts, and don't go claiming it was because of the Congress because that same Congress went wild a few years later under Bush and turned CLinton's massive surplus into a massive deficit with massive spending bills AND CLinton used veto power to achieve the balanced budgets.

At the end of the day, you have no facts to support your fake news statements

Hey, stupid fuck. Let me ask you about that surplus, since you are a "fucking banker."

Who controls the spending in government? Is it the President or the House? Let me clue you in. The House controls spending. Who controlled the House AND Senate for the last 6 years of clintons Presidency?

Go ahead and take a guess. I will give you a hint. Newt Gingrich.

Hey stupid ass, let me ask another thing, since you are a "smart banker." What did president clinton NOT have to deal with, that every other President had to deal with dating back to February 1945 (Yalta Conference?) Take a wild guess Mr "Banker." Oh, that is right. The fucking COLD WAR where YOUR SIDE LOST. The ussr and their glorious marxist proved to be a failed system. All under the crying commie eyes here.

Did open trade have any impact on our economy? Yes or no?

While you are at it, Mr Banker, tell me who rewrote the Community Reinvestment Act did. Do you know who even rewrote it? When did that happen and what impact did that have on our banks?

Well, Mr "banker" I will be waiting for your explanation. You already showed how ignorant you are in your pathetic post, so I will not be expecting anything from your stupid ignorant ass.
WOW!!!!! What a childish rant filled with childish name calling, what happened did your mommy take away your fox news? You are acting like a 5 year old and you look stupid.

As far as spending input comes from both the legislative and executive branches as they work together to pass budgets. Clinton's agenda was to cut spending and balance the budget, he used veto power to ensure a balanced budget. Additionally he raised taxes on the wealthy which was opposed by Gingrich, but went a long way to balancing the budget. Remember this:
"The tax increase will kill jobs and lead to a recession, and the recession will force people out of work and onto unemployment"

Then on top of that the same GOP Congress approved all the reckless spending and tax cuts of Bush, so lets not try and claim that the GOP likes balanced budgets. Bill Clinton likes balanced budgets. Obama had a GOP congress for 6 years does that mean all of Obama's shortcomings are a result of that Congress?? We have had a GOP congress under Trump and the deficit has almost tripled since Trump took over. The cold war has long been over so why did we have massive military spending increases?

I know reality is a tough pill for you to swallow. How can conservatives claim they are for balanced budgets and spending cuts when they have absolutely blown up the deficit?

Time to throw another tantrum like a child...

The Dangerous Myth About The Bill Clinton Tax Increase

I wore a uniform and served my country in combat. I love the fact that the United States of America is a grand experiment in self rule. I stood up for this principle with my very life. That’s what conservatives stand for.
I'm a vet, too. If you or I had died in combat, we would not be able to count on Trump showing up to honor us if it was raining.
Glad you served in latrines around the globe.

Republican Congress.

Republican President.

DOUBLED deficits.

And that's all you need to know about Republicans and how disconnected they are from conservatism.

In fact, you can't find a single pseudocon to bitch about Trump's deficits the same way they bitched about Obama's.

And that tells you how hypocritical and brain damaged they are.

Obama added $10 trillion to the debt, trillions to the Fed holdings, at 0% interest rates. Call us when Trump comes even close to that disaster. :itsok:

I predict a BOOOOOOOOSH reply.
Obama inherited the Bush devastated country in total ruin. The Great Bush recession produced massive revenue shortfalls and gave Obama massive deficits. Second Obama then needed a stimulus plan, look at the 1930s AND Europe to see what would have happened if we had no stimulus. Obama definitely did a poor job with debt and some aspects of the stimulus were wasteful, but in the end the deficit dropped once the recovery began and Obama's deficits were close to Bush's pre-Bush economic meltdown.

It's a simple undeniable fact that revenues increased significantly after Clinton's massive tax increase.

Don't look now, the GOP is out of power.

Now they can take the next two years off in the hopes of getting back into power by making Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters bring them the needed votes.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Yeah, they pissed away the last two years, but as long as they keep the base happy....

Sounds like eight years under Ears too
Yep. Trump is like Obama. Only worse. Instead of lowering our deficits, like Obama did, Trump has doubled our deficits in just two years.

I'm fine with you rubes equating Trump to Obama. That's awesome.

Every time you blubber, "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Obama", you are admitting Trump is a piece of shit, too, and that you were conned.

Dem's oppose any spending cuts, there you have it.
HMMM well seeing how the only president we ever have that made real cuts and had balanced budgets is Clinton. He made a lot of cuts, and don't go claiming it was because of the Congress because that same Congress went wild a few years later under Bush and turned CLinton's massive surplus into a massive deficit with massive spending bills AND CLinton used veto power to achieve the balanced budgets.

At the end of the day, you have no facts to support your fake news statements
Sure Clinton was great if you weren’t an American company. Keep your eye on the ball better if Monica is not slobbering your knob.

Forum List

Back