What is Climate Denial costing the US?

Saigon

Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
While the cost of combating climate change is raised on a lot of threads (sometimes as a valid concern, more often as a means of avoiding the science), there is very little discussion given to what cost there is in denial.

1) Jobs.

Germany employs 370,000 people in renewable energy, mainly in small to medium enterprises. Korea, Scotland and Japan aslo have massive industries producing tidal and wind turbines, solar panels, consulting and conducting research into renewables.

2) Foreign Direct Investment.

Remember free market capitalism? People said it was a good thing? Well, my Renewable Energy share fund is up 12% over the past year. It invests in the countries listed above and a few more - but not the US.

3) Reputation.

As we've seen on other threads, climate change is not a political issue in most countries. Conservatives in the UK, France, Germany and around the world accept the science. The
Denial of the GOP makes them a bit of a joke in international science circles - and at some point that may cost the US quite a lot.

4) Money

New Zealand is ordering 200 tidal turbines at US$10 million a unit. Scotland won the deal ahead of bids from Japan and Korea. I call that good money to earn.

5) Technology

Research into renewables creates a lot of spin-off products and services that can become industries in their own right. Norway is a world leader in the field of Osmotic Energy - a field few people in the US have ever heard of. Who knows what may come out of that?

Fantasy threads are gay.........

world-actual-and-projected-energy-demand.jpg

Climate "Denial" LOL

Hysterical

Skooks stop denying the damn climate, willya?!! It's costing us jobs!!

Sell your shares in "Renewable energy" -- now

In 3 years, the USA is going to be the biggest EXPORTER of energy on the planet

While the cost of combating climate change is raised on a lot of threads (sometimes as a valid concern, more often as a means of avoiding the science), there is very little discussion given to what cost there is in denial.

1) Jobs.

Germany employs 370,000 people in renewable energy, mainly in small to medium enterprises. Korea, Scotland and Japan aslo have massive industries producing tidal and wind turbines, solar panels, consulting and conducting research into renewables.

Remember free market capitalism? People said it was a good thing? Well, my Renewable Energy share fund is up 12% over the past year. It invests in the countries listed above and a few more - but not the US.

3) Reputation.

As we've seen on other threads, climate change is not a political issue in most countries. Conservatives in the UK, France, Germany and around the world accept the science. The
Denial of the GOP makes them a bit of a joke in international science circles - and at some point that may cost the US quite a lot.

4) Money

New Zealand is ordering 200 tidal turbines at US$10 million a unit. Scotland won the deal ahead of bids from Japan and Korea. I call that good money to earn.

5) Technology

Research into renewables creates a lot of spin-off products and services that can become industries in their own right. Norway is a world leader in the field of Osmotic Energy - a field few people in the US have ever heard of. Who knows what may come out of that?

AGW... It's the most costly financially driven HOAX ever perpetuated on the human race, and you bought into it hook, line, and sinker. :lol:

The costs to the US of the denial are going to be substancial in terms of responses to the consequences of climate change that we are seeing right now. In at least one coastal state, the GOP voted to consider only past ocean rise in preparing for a rising sea level. We are seeing increasing weather extremes in this nation, yet the idea that we should expect even worse and prepare for that is being fought at all levels by the GOP.

This is going to be a real political issue in the coming years, and I, and many others are going to remind the 'Conservatives' of their shortsightedness, and foolishness in the coming campaigns.

The costs to the US of the denial are going to be substancial in terms of responses to the consequences of climate change that we are seeing right now. In at least one coastal state, the GOP voted to consider only past ocean rise in preparing for a rising sea level. We are seeing increasing weather extremes in this nation, yet the idea that we should expect even worse and prepare for that is being fought at all levels by the GOP.

This is going to be a real political issue in the coming years, and I, and many others are going to remind the 'Conservatives' of their shortsightedness, and foolishness in the coming campaigns.

Realistically, I am sure the overwhelming majority of GOP staff are well aware that 2012 was the hottest year in American history. With rising ocean water levels, melting glaciers and changing storm patterns now apparent, it's hard to see how it can be otherwise.

Which leads me to suspect that some conservatives have painted themselves into a bit of a corner on this issue. It's not easy for them to come out and admit that the past 20 years of denial have been futile.

Frank, Skooks, TJVH -

The people of Germany, Korea and Japan are very grateful that you don't care about jobs, competition and capitalism anymore.

AC -

Please take your spam elsewhere.

"Denial" is costing us? Another Alinsky post? The cost of energy which is tied to the global warming fraud affects everyone and every part of society and it costs jobs. So-called alternate sources of energy are laughable. The global warming racket costs America billions in extortion .

Frank, Skooks, TJVH -

The people of Germany, Korea and Japan are very grateful that you don't care about jobs, competition and capitalism anymore.

AC -

Japan is dying country. They are not having children and Bankers are devaluing the Yen. War with China should finish them off for good.

Korea on the other hand. Did you know that South Korea has Joint Manufacturing Facility in North Korea? Maybe parts of my Samsung Intercept Cell Phone come from good Communist Country? Obama sign "Free Trade Agreement" with South Korea so is possible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaesong_Industrial_Region

Germany: Interesting fact. Two World Wars started around German Economic Power. Think about that.

Frank, Skooks, TJVH -

AC -

Spain invested heavily in "green energy" and what did they get for it? 20% unemployment and an 84% debt to GDP ratio.

1) Jobs.

3) Reputation.

4) Money

5) Technology

You're ignoring the hundreds of billions of dollars these projects are costing the taxpayers as well as the higher energy cost.

FAIL!

BriPat -

Profitable private companies do not cost the tax payer a dime.

At the moment those companies operate more in countries like Germany and Korea, because you guys don't want the jobs, apparently.

Forum List

Back