What is a reputation comment?

yeah I got that part, I didnot do my research!:(
So what does the L stand for? You french?

French? Ummm ... not even close. My name is Scottish. I used the "L" at the end on another board before I came here because there was a another "Gunny" on the board. When I registered here, I just put it in as habit. I later had it taken out.

How do you get to be an administrator? Gotta be nice all the time?

Are you kidding?:eusa_eh:

:lol:

Wow. Hope you didn't spend a long time on that awesome, as well as baseless deflection.:cuckoo:

It's hardly baseless if you had checked the link.
After implying that I was either lying or cheating when I said DiveCon had hit me with 6 neg reps because I was not in the red, someone took a powder and the thread was locked without an apology after I pointed out it was true and I didn't cheat.

I got some large pos reps from some music posts I had made which more than offset DiveCon's 6 and elvis' 3 neg reps. Even if a public apology is too much to expect after such an allegation, I didn't get a private one or even a rep to make up for it.
CON$ are very Liberal with the accusations, but conservative with the apologies.

GunnyL? Someone here actually had the nerve to use your name?:eek:

That was me. RGS -- RetiredGySgt is a Gunny. Anyone who wore the rank is.

Now I understand why you blindly attacked me in defense of your fellow "Gunny!"

But now that I'm also aware of your powers, SURELY YOU, of all people, could have checked FIRST to see if I was lying about getting 6 neg reps from DiveCon or cheating with other AOL newbies to keep a pos rep as your fellow Gunny inferred, and whether I had justification for being offended by his implications, friend or not.

A Cynic likes to know what loyalties trump integrity. Thank you.

Dude, what are you talking about? Yes, I can check user reputation. IF someone asks me to, I do. *Hint-fucking-hint*

Your statement implies I was involved in a situation I have been unaware of until I saw this post. It implies I called you a liar when I have not.

It also implies favoritism that does not exist. RetiredGySgt and I have been known to fight like cats and dogs at times. There is a mutual respect because we both know what it takes to earn the title. He does not blindly support me and is quite vocal about it at times, nor do I blindly support him.

So, you might want to show me where I blindly attacked you, accused you of lying, and or supported anyone's accusation that you are/were abusing the rep system so I will at least have an idea WTF you are talking about.

If you are going to question MY integrity, bring your evidence ... AND your lunch.

Whereas the Right will imply foul play, and when corrected they Cut & Run without apology to another thread as if they still had credibility.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...rian-gave-me-three-neg-reps-in-one-day-2.html

Wow. Hope you didn't spend a long time on that awesome, as well as baseless deflection.:cuckoo:

It's hardly baseless if you had checked the link.
After implying that I was either lying or cheating when I said DiveCon had hit me with 6 neg reps because I was not in the red, someone took a powder and the thread was locked without an apology after I pointed out it was true and I didn't cheat.

I got some large pos reps from some music posts I had made which more than offset DiveCon's 6 and elvis' 3 neg reps. Even if a public apology is too much to expect after such an allegation, I didn't get a private one or even a rep to make up for it.
CON$ are very Liberal with the accusations, but conservative with the apologies.

That was me. RGS -- RetiredGySgt is a Gunny. Anyone who wore the rank is.

Now I understand why you blindly attacked me in defense of your fellow "Gunny!"

But now that I'm also aware of your powers, SURELY YOU, of all people, could have checked FIRST to see if I was lying about getting 6 neg reps from DiveCon or cheating with other AOL newbies to keep a pos rep as your fellow Gunny inferred, and whether I had justification for being offended by his implications, friend or not.

A Cynic likes to know what loyalties trump integrity. Thank you.

Dude, what are you talking about? Yes, I can check user reputation. IF someone asks me to, I do. *Hint-fucking-hint*

Your statement implies I was involved in a situation I have been unaware of until I saw this post. It implies I called you a liar when I have not.

It also implies favoritism that does not exist. RetiredGySgt and I have been known to fight like cats and dogs at times. There is a mutual respect because we both know what it takes to earn the title. He does not blindly support me and is quite vocal about it at times, nor do I blindly support him.

So, you might want to show me where I blindly attacked you, accused you of lying, and or supported anyone's accusation that you are/were abusing the rep system so I will at least have an idea WTF you are talking about.

If you are going to question MY integrity, bring your evidence ... AND your lunch.

First of all, where exactly did I imply YOU called me a liar??? I think you are trying to play the Victim Card with that claim. I clearly said RGS implied I was either lying or cheating.
I even gave the link to where RGS, not you, made HIS accusations. Clearly RGS is the "someone" I was referring to, not you.

You then defended RGS and attacked my post containing the link as a BASELESS deflection. For you to claim not to know what's going on means you didn't bother to click on the link to RGS' BASELESS accusation, then or now or on the other thread where I again confronted you. So how is calling my post BASELESS not supporting RGS' accusations???
So basically, you called my post baseless without reading the link or checking to see if I lied or cheated as RGS implied because I didn't ASK you to check to see if I was lying before YOU decided to label it baseless. I didn't know you could check my pos and neg reps at the time. Had I known, I would have asked for you to confirm I was not lying or cheating in that very thread, but YOU should have checked first, without being asked, before YOU deemed it baseless and a deflection. Since others knew you could check, when you supported RGS it implies you checked and found RGS to be correct.

But you chose to call it baseless without bothering to check for yourself, which confirms my claim that CON$ are Liberal with the baseless accusations but CON$ervative with any apology when corrected.

So, you might want to show me where I blindly attacked you, accused you of lying, and or supported anyone's accusation that you are/were abusing the rep systemso I will at least have an idea WTF you are talking about.

Completely out of the realm of THIS disagreement, I've read, somewhere here, that the reason for a "new" rule / criteria for giving rep was said abuses. i.e. "You must spread some reputation around before...." Okay, I understand the reasoning behind that. Kinda like school days, when some of kiddies put gum in the water fountain and fucked up the drain system, therefore gum chewing was, from that day forth, prohibited in school. Still, for someone like me, who is very selective about the rep given, it's a tad frustrating. After all, it's the posts of others that are being judged, and I don't grade on a curve. What the "kiddies" did was eliminate "extra credit" on the exam, and the teacher is punished for failures to make the grade....

It's called the "Reply" button.

seems like i got the unamerican version where the "Reply" button was not implemented.

this makes me mad, naturally.

You get the PM telling you that you have a new rep comment, yes? Hit REPLY. It goes to the person sending you the rep comment.

sorry, dis. i got it. i was just going along with MountainMan's helpful comment.

i am certainly not mad.

and i disabled PM's regarding comments.

seems like i got the unamerican version where the "Reply" button was not implemented.

You get the PM telling you that you have a new rep comment, yes? Hit REPLY. It goes to the person sending you the rep comment.

sorry, dis. i got it. i was just going along with MountainMan's helpful comment.

i am certainly not mad.

Well, then you're even more SOL. Now you have to take long way around.

i am certainly not mad.

that's me, disabling everything at first. and then wondering about the long way around.

i will just continue to ignore everything. it is the easy way out.

i am certainly not mad.

Let's see, you disabled PM's, now you want PM's?
You are the moron in oxymoron. :razz:

i am certainly not mad.

that's me, disabling everything at first. and then wondering about the long way around.

i will just continue to ignore everything. it is the easy way out.

It's probably for the best, you know.

However, if I ever decide to grace you with my rep (which is hard to come by, I'll have you know), I'll expect you to take the long way around, and not complain about it.

i am certainly not mad.

No, he didn't disable PMs, I don't think. He simply disabled Rep Notification via PM.

i am certainly not mad.

No, he didn't disable PMs, I don't think. He simply disabled Rep Notification via PM.
I was referring to rep PM's, that was the entire context of the conversation.

Forum List

Back