What is a proper waiting period.

I had to wait 13 months once with the purchase of a single-shot break open rifle. The reason given was that I had once resided in California and that their computer system was backed up. I was not able to purchase another firearm during those 13 months while that background check went through.

Since then I have purchased handguns and walked out the door with them and have been subjected to a 2 month wait on a different occasion to purchase another. It's like rolling the dice in the liberal state I reside in if you can have your purchase or not when you go to the gun store.

I think they do it purposefully to try and halt or limit gun sales. I almost lost the single-shot rifle that I had to wait 13 months for twice during the wait to other customers but the shop owner worked with me. If I had lost the sale I would have been forced to start the 13 month wait all over again.

I can relate......Many years ago I was denied. The dealer then went through the local police dept and I obtained that 9mm anyway. 5 day wait. I appealed of course. After the feds eating crow, my next purchase didnt even require a check. I only had to present the letter they had mailed me.

They still like to mes with me, but the CCW trumps their gamesmanship.

Crazy people do have immediate access to weapons you twit.

Axes
Knives
Pointy sticks, pencils you can put your eye with one of those things
Their hands
Baseball bats
Boxing gloves heck that kid just got killed but another kid boxing with head gear
Shards of glass
Chainsaws

Ah. So, since they can get at a pointy stick, we should make it as easy as possible to get a semi-automatic rifle.

Rock solid logic there.

please define assault rifle

I said semi-automatic rifle. But if you want, I consider an "assault rifle" to be a fully-automatic rifle. You know, the kind people like Full Auto want anyone and everyone to be able to get free of any background checks.

Ah. So, since they can get at a pointy stick, we should make it as easy as possible to get a semi-automatic rifle.

Rock solid logic there.

I said semi-automatic rifle. But if you want, I consider an "assault rifle" to be a fully-automatic rifle. You know, the kind people like Full Auto want anyone and everyone to be able to get free of any background checks.
:lmao: Post my quote please...............I havent read it..........

:lmao: Post my quote please...............I havent read it..........

Do you deny it? Really? Are you, Full Auto, suggesting we limit access to fully automatic rifles?

Obviously it wouldn't be just one question. And this is all off the top of my head. I'm sorry I don't have a detailed break down of all questions. The point is, there is nothing wrong with attempting to weed out the crazies. It won't work every time, but if we can get a few, then that's a good thing and the small wait is not a terrible thing for law-abiding citizens.

Well you first said target shooting was a good enough answer.

Now you want to ask more questions.

We are not even 10 posts out and your changing the requirements.

It is what the law abiding fear, incremental regulations which you demonstrated clearly.

Thanks for confirming the presumption.

Obviously it wouldn't be just one question. And this is all off the top of my head. I'm sorry I don't have a detailed break down of all questions. The point is, there is nothing wrong with attempting to weed out the crazies. It won't work every time, but if we can get a few, then that's a good thing and the small wait is not a terrible thing for law-abiding citizens.

It is what the law abiding fear, incremental regulations which you demonstrated clearly.

And here I thought you wanted to have an adult conversation about this topic.

My bad.

It's not the number of days, but the comprehensive background check that concerns me.

What do you feel should be the proper waiting period to buy a gun.
1- 3 days
2- 5 days
3- 7 days
4- 9 days

For in-person purchases:
Present a valid carry permit...go home with a gun.

Do not have a carry permit? Go home with a gun.

There is no need for a waiting period.

There is a brief waiting period inherent in on-line and mail order weapons. You have to wait until it arrives.
^^ This.

There is no need for a law abiding citizen to have to wait to purchase a gun.....just like there is no need to wait to purchase a car, a knife, a bunch of grapes, a generator, and bag of grass seed..........

My bad.

What kind of additional questions do you now propose ? (at least for the immediate time being)

First it was why do you want the gun ? Target shooting.

What else ?

My bad.
It is apparent you don't. He raised a very valid point. You say we only need to know this...and then when you have that answer, you tack on additional requirements.

It never ends with you cowards.

Leave the fucking guns alone.

My bad.

What kind of additional questions do you now propose ? (at least for the immediate time being)

What else ?

I never suggested one question. You did. I said "talk to". There's a difference.

But you don't care. You've already shown disdain for a rational attempt to limit mentally ill people from freely acquiring guns. I think your opinion is clear on the subject.

My bad.

What else ?

I never suggested one question. You did. I said "talk to". There's a difference.

But you don't care. You've already shown disdain for a rational attempt to limit mentally ill people from freely acquiring guns. I think your opinion is clear on the subject.
There is already a requirement for keeping mentally ill people from acquiring guns. You don't want a rational discussion.

You want to have your way and belittle people who don't agree with you.

No limit the mentally ill's rights.

Not the law abiding.

You have it backwards.

If Holmes required as much psych medication as has been indicated thus far why was he not adjudicated incompetent which under present law would have prevented the purchase of the weapons he used?

Last edited:

My bad.

What else ?

Wow, that is one hell of a leap.

No limit the mentally ill's rights.

Not the law abiding.

You have it backwards.

If Holmes required as much psych medication as has been indicated thus far why was he not adjudicated incompetent which under present law would have prevented the purchase of the weapons he used?

An excellent question. I would assume because there is shit poor focus in this country on keeping mentally ill people from acquiring weapons or helping them in general.

Hmm? A proper waiting period? How about a five minute phone call verifying a person has committed no crime, and that person and his/her brand new firearm can be on their way.

Hmm? A proper waiting period? How about a five minute phone call verifying a person has committed no crime, and that person and his/her brand new firearm can be on their way.

and to check if they have been adjudicated mentally incompetent.

WAit a second, first I just want to make sure I've got that right, left wingers are actually "descriminating" against the mentally ill to prevent them from having weapons? is this true? You mean descrimination isnt ALWAYS a bad thing, next thing you know they'll be for profiling........my God, common sense may indeed win out....

Forum List

Back