What is a proper waiting period.

What do you feel should be the proper waiting period to buy a gun.
1- 3 days
2- 5 days
3- 7 days
4- 9 days

For in-person purchases:
Present a valid carry permit...go home with a gun.

Do not have a carry permit? Go home with a gun.

There is no need for a waiting period.

There is a brief waiting period inherent in on-line and mail order weapons. You have to wait until it arrives.

1- 3 days
2- 5 days
3- 7 days
4- 9 days

For in-person purchases:

There is a brief waiting period inherent in on-line and mail order weapons. You have to wait until it arrives.

Good point. Crazy people should have immediate access to weapons.

1- 3 days
2- 5 days
3- 7 days
4- 9 days

For in-person purchases:

Do obama voters buy weapons?

1- 3 days
2- 5 days
3- 7 days
4- 9 days

For in-person purchases:

Who determined they were crazy?

Let me guess they suggested a spending cut.

Crazy people do have immediate access to weapons you twit.

Axes
Knives
Pointy sticks, pencils you can put your eye with one of those things
Their hands
Baseball bats
Boxing gloves heck that kid just got killed but another kid boxing with head gear
Shards of glass
Chainsaws

Axes
Knives
Their hands
Baseball bats
Boxing gloves heck that kid just got killed but another kid boxing with head gear
Shards of glass
Chainsaws

Ah. So, since they can get at a pointy stick, we should make it as easy as possible to get a semi-automatic rifle.

Rock solid logic there.

Axes
Knives
Their hands
Baseball bats
Shards of glass
Chainsaws

Ah. So, since they can get at a pointy stick, we should make it as easy as possible to get a semi-automatic rifle.

Rock solid logic there.

Can you argue your position with fact or just platitudes?

Axes
Knives
Their hands
Baseball bats
Shards of glass
Chainsaws

Rock solid logic there.

Can you argue your position with fact or just platitudes?

Sure.

But you never do, so why should I?

Axes
Knives
Their hands
Baseball bats
Shards of glass
Chainsaws

Rock solid logic there.

Yeah and so is the logic that banning guns works, lets see Chicago and DC do it....OOOPS
You want real logic....Criminals DO NOT FOLLOW The law...by definition. Can ya digest that one? Mexico has one gun store, ONE in the ENTIRE country, and they have rifles, small arms and rocket launchers, so how did they get them?????????

hint...when there is a will there is a way........The only gun I have is a rifle at my parents house, I havent used it in 10 years, but I like the idea I can get one if I feel the need to.....

And what should happen to the Joker,,,I say draw and quater, how about you?

Axes
Knives
Their hands
Baseball bats
Shards of glass
Chainsaws

Rock solid logic there.

Yeah and so is the logic that banning guns works, lets see Chicago and DC do it....OOOPS
You want real logic....Criminals DO NOT FOLLOW The law...by definition. Can ya digest that one? Mexico has one gun store, ONE in the ENTIRE country, and they have rifles, small arms and rocket launchers, so how did they get them?????????

hint...when there is a will there is a way........The only gun I have is a rifle at my parents house, I havent used it in 10 years, but I like the idea I can get one if I feel the need to.....

And what should happen to the Joker,,,I say draw and quater, how about you?

Where did I say we should ban all guns? Oh, that's right. I didn't.

Nice try though.

When I was living in Virginia, way back when, there was no waiting period to purchase a gun. You filled out the paperwork, showed your Virginia Driver's License and paid for your gun and then out the door. I live in Illinois now and there is a 5 day waiting period to purchase a hand gun. I can live with that.

1- 3 days
2- 5 days
3- 7 days
4- 9 days

For in-person purchases:

1-A waiting period is not likely to reveal mental illness.
2-People that go "crazy" after living quietly in various neighborhoods (it is generally a surprise to most people around them...they appeared so normal) often have owned guns for a long period of time

You people that blame guns for the criminal acts committed with them are COMPLETELY off base and misguided. Your attempts to make them harder to get or to completely ban them do absolutely NOTHING toward decreasing gun violence. As a matter of fact, the no-gun zones are more dangerous than they would be licensed carriers were permitted to carry there. I say do away with no-carry zones. Put up warnings that say "if you have a gun on your person, you must have a valid permit to carry it...else you will go to jail, lose your gun and pay a big fine."

Forum List

Back