What Internet Slang do you hate?

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Does anyone else hate any particular internet slang words/abbreviations? I can't stand the word "peeps." Pisses me off.

Am I just weird?

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
gop_jeff said:
Does anyone else hate any particular internet slang words/abbreviations? I can't stand the word "peeps." Pisses me off.

Am I just weird?

RU (are you)
B (be)
2 (too)

It takes more time to type out the slang versions than it does to just type it correctly the first time.

teh
kk
okies
any word with a letter replaced with a number ( l8r = l-eight-r = later )

In fact, I believe I hate all internet slang.

And generally speaking, I don't like smilies either.

Zhukov said:
teh
kk
okies
any word with a letter replaced with a number ( l8r = l-eight-r = later )

In fact, I believe I hate all internet slang.

And generally speaking, I don't like smilies either.

AHHHHH!!!! "Okies" drives me absolutely <i><u>insane</u></i>. I just want to reach out and slap whoever uses it.

Most smilies are ok, where appropriate. :whip:

What does "oakies" mean?

Peeps gets on my nerves as does "veggies" ( I know, not internet slang, bugs the hell out of me nonetheless!).

Said1 said:
What does "oakies" mean?

Peeps gets on my nerves as does "veggies" ( I know, not internet slang, bugs the hell out of me nonetheless!).

It just means "Ok.".. Now which is easier to type?

gop_jeff said:
I B on USMB L8R. R U 2?

:D

<i>**sits on fingers so as not to ding Jeff's rep**</i>

:D

Umm.. There actually isn't a slang term for "on".. How weird...

don't know if this is an internet started term or not, but i can't stand it when people think its trendy to say/type "Cuke" or "Cukes" instead of cucumber/s. It sounds too close to 'puke/s' to be considered a word. I hear it on TV a lot now, and it takes me a second to realize the person said "I had a salad with cukes" instead of "I had a salad with pukes"...

LOL, ROFL, OMG, OMFG, Sk8ers, L8er, BBNF...they're all lame. But I'll be the first to admit that I use some of them anyway. And I think peeps is also a slang term in spoken English as well as on the Internet. So is cukes.

I don't mind the occasional 'lol' or 'rofl' used in moderation. However, retarded looking abbreviations of already short words really irritates me. u, ur, l8r, 4, etc. I also hate it when people say something in all caps that doesn't merit it. We internet veterans that actually had net access before '94 know that caps is the equivalent of shouting what you're saying, and seeing things in all caps hurts my head. I also hate '1337 5|o33|<' (leet speek). Anytime I see somebody type something like, "1 r 7e|-| |-|4><><0r5," I cut their fingers off, unless it's a joke.

gop_jeff said:

Am I just weird?
i think your setting a trend for yourself Jeff... remember "some"?
lol
but i pretty much hate it all. going through the chat logs on my nephews... i feel retarded trying to figure it out.

Forum List

Back