What if black lives really mattered?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
WHAT IF BLACK LIVES REALLY MATTERED?

But the rallies and the protests – not just in Ferguson, but in Baltimore, Cleveland and other places – seem to underscore a major irony. Black lives don’t seem to matter at all until they end up getting killed at the hands of police.

Until that time, even the black community seems to ignore the lives of these young people. The rates of marriage and two-parent headed households among black youths borders on a national tragedy. If black lives really mattered, it seems that instead of making isolated instances of police misconduct the focus of the movement, activists would instead concentrate on implementing actions to improve the state of the black family.

By protesting and disrupting mainstream Democratic candidates – such as the recent breakup of a Bernie Sanders campaign rally in Seattle – the movement is demonstrating that it does not have the organizational sophistication to form strategic alliances that would ultimately beget political power.

If black lives really mattered, so would black behavior. High school dropout rates, incarceration rates and teenage pregnancy rates are factors affecting black lives over which the black community has a great deal of control.

Read more at What if black lives really mattered?

This article says it all. (by Armstrong Williams)

The protesters are preaching to the choir.

They need to take that energy to their neighborhoods. Start home training their kids in understanding consequences for right/wrong decisions

-Geaux

The protesters are preaching to the choir.

They need to take that energy to their neighborhoods. Start home training their kids in understanding consequences for right/wrong decisions

-Geaux
But they don't believe that. They think they should be able to get away with crimes at no cost.

But the rallies and the protests – not just in Ferguson, but in Baltimore, Cleveland and other places – seem to underscore a major irony. Black lives don’t seem to matter at all until they end up getting killed at the hands of police.

Until that time, even the black community seems to ignore the lives of these young people. The rates of marriage and two-parent headed households among black youths borders on a national tragedy. If black lives really mattered, it seems that instead of making isolated instances of police misconduct the focus of the movement, activists would instead concentrate on implementing actions to improve the state of the black family.

By protesting and disrupting mainstream Democratic candidates – such as the recent breakup of a Bernie Sanders campaign rally in Seattle – the movement is demonstrating that it does not have the organizational sophistication to form strategic alliances that would ultimately beget political power.

If black lives really mattered, so would black behavior. High school dropout rates, incarceration rates and teenage pregnancy rates are factors affecting black lives over which the black community has a great deal of control.

Your kind doesn't worry about the lives of *******, unless the move in down the street.

Your kind doesn't worry about the lives of *******, unless the move in down the street.

Tolerant liberal strikes again!

Kind of reminds me of that LBJ comment, about keeping them voting dem forever. And they have, and it has done them so much good. Look at the black community thrive. This is great times for, oh nvm.

No, that's called honesty. Try it sometime.

No, that's called honesty. Try it sometime.

What you want me to be honest about commie?

Everything, you little dumbfuck.

The US being a racist nation would be a good start.

I agree with you there, I'm seeing more black supremacists than ever! It's really getting out of hand. Blacks killing whites, because they are white. There you have it, complete honesty!
Works for me. I want the ******-haters talking it up loud and proud, just like that.

I agree with you there, I'm seeing more black supremacists than ever! It's really getting out of hand. Blacks killing whites, because they are white. There you have it, complete honesty!
Works for me. I want the ******-haters talking it up loud and proud, just like that.

Did you expect me to lie, in order to support the lie that the dumb believe? Sorry junior, I don't have white guilt. You are welcome! It's about time we have a bit more honesty in this country no?

Did you expect me to lie, in order to support the lie that the dumb believe? Sorry junior, I don't have white guilt.
I'd have been surprised if your did. For that you'd have to care about someone other than yourself. Regardless, talk it up. TY.

Did you expect me to lie, in order to support the lie that the dumb believe? Sorry junior, I don't have white guilt.
I'd have been surprised if your did. For that you'd have to care about someone other than yourself. Regardless, talk it up. TY.

I care about my wife, and my kids. That doesn't count?

Nope.

Nope.

So my family are not people other than myself? You do a lot of talking in circles. Reminds me of muslim deception! Are you muslim?

Do black lives matter to the blacks that kill one another? Or do they only matter when a cop shoots them during a criminal act? And when a black cop shoots them, it's still a white problem right?

Nope.

So my family are not people other than myself? You do a lot of talking in circles. Reminds me of muslim deception! Are you muslim?
Nope. Muslims are morons, like all religious people.

So you don't expect more from a cop than you would any thug on the street? I expect more from cops.

So you don't expect more from a cop than you would any thug on the street? I expect more from cops.

Cops are supposed to lay down and be murdered by them, or they are bad? A cop or a citizen have the same exact right to use deadly force if they feel threatened.

You might have an argument, if you can show me black church ladies being gunned down in the street.

Forum List

Back