What if black lives really mattered?

WHAT IF BLACK LIVES REALLY MATTERED?

But the rallies and the protests – not just in Ferguson, but in Baltimore, Cleveland and other places – seem to underscore a major irony. Black lives don’t seem to matter at all until they end up getting killed at the hands of police.

Until that time, even the black community seems to ignore the lives of these young people. The rates of marriage and two-parent headed households among black youths borders on a national tragedy. If black lives really mattered, it seems that instead of making isolated instances of police misconduct the focus of the movement, activists would instead concentrate on implementing actions to improve the state of the black family.

By protesting and disrupting mainstream Democratic candidates – such as the recent breakup of a Bernie Sanders campaign rally in Seattle – the movement is demonstrating that it does not have the organizational sophistication to form strategic alliances that would ultimately beget political power.

If black lives really mattered, so would black behavior. High school dropout rates, incarceration rates and teenage pregnancy rates are factors affecting black lives over which the black community has a great deal of control.

Read more at What if black lives really mattered?

This article says it all. (by Armstrong Williams)

There are plenty of people trying to change their neighborhoods. But drugs and gangs are not fought and won by individuals.

Now THIS is an original concept for a thread. Let's hope the GOP leadership takes this message to the people loud and clear!

What message might that be?

What is the message intended by this threads dufus? Why not articulate it for us. Let's see if you have understood it.

I'm not sure, because it's obvious by all the black on black murder in this country that black lives don't matter to blacks. So why should it matter to me? I have a family to raise, maybe I will care when they start caring about their own communities.

What you want me to be honest about commie?
Everything, you little dumbfuck.

The US being a racist nation would be a good start.

I agree with you there, I'm seeing more black supremacists than ever! It's really getting out of hand. Blacks killing whites, because they are white. There you have it, complete honesty!

So you don't expect more from a cop than you would any thug on the street? I expect more from cops.

Cops are supposed to lay down and be murdered by them, or they are bad? A cop or a citizen have the same exact right to use deadly force if they feel threatened.

You might have an argument, if you can show me black church ladies being gunned down in the street.

So you think it is OK to kill any black person as long as they aren't church ladies? Dealing with uncooperative people is their job. They should be held responsible if they don't do it properly.

The sad part is that all the welfare, jobs protests and riots and regardless of who they blame, the white man, nothing will change in the black community until these so called men start taking responsibility for what is going on!

What you want me to be honest about commie?
Everything, you little dumbfuck.

The US being a racist nation would be a good start.

I agree with you there, I'm seeing more black supremacists than ever! It's really getting out of hand. Blacks killing whites, because they are white. There you have it, complete honesty!

So you don't expect more from a cop than you would any thug on the street? I expect more from cops.

Cops are supposed to lay down and be murdered by them, or they are bad? A cop or a citizen have the same exact right to use deadly force if they feel threatened.

You might have an argument, if you can show me black church ladies being gunned down in the street.

So you think it is OK to kill any black person as long as they aren't church ladies? Dealing with uncooperative people is their job. They should be held responsible if they don't do it properly.

You are far too stupid to debate with, it is seriously like debating a 4 year old child. If you can't understand what I wrote, get another hobby.

The sad part is that all the welfare, jobs protests and riots and regardless of who they blame, the white man, nothing will change in the black community until these so called men start taking responsibility for what is going on!
Well march right up there and tell them that, little whitey...
panthers.jpg

Now THIS is an original concept for a thread. Let's hope the GOP leadership takes this message to the people loud and clear!

What is the message intended by this threads dufus? Why not articulate it for us. Let's see if you have understood it.

I'm not sure, because it's obvious by all the black on black murder in this country that black lives don't matter to blacks. So why should it matter to me? I have a family to raise, maybe I will care when they start caring about their own communities.

Right. That's the message. I hope every GOP candidate gets up on that stage next month and says exactly that. They will begin to care about black lives when black people start caring about their communities. Until black people stop killing other black people........there is no reason to evaluate the criminal justice system in America.

That's a winning strategy.

Right. That's the message. I hope every GOP candidate gets up on that stage next month and says exactly that. They will begin to care about black lives when black people start caring about their communities. Until black people stop killing other black people........there is no reason to evaluate the criminal justice system in America.

I'm not running you fucktard. Why do I care what GOP candidates think? I am not GOP, unless Trump is running. The only rule I have, is I will not vote for regressive commies. They all remind me of you.

I'm not running you fucktard. Why do I care what GOP candidates think? I am not GOP, unless Trump is running. The only rule I have, is I will not vote for regressive commies. They all remind me of you.

You are awesome. It's great to have a discussion with someone who has such depth of thought. Outstanding.

You are awesome. It's great to have a discussion with someone who has such depth of thought. Outstanding.

I have never gotten much more than round and round deceptive bs from any lefty around here. So I am giving it back.

But the rallies and the protests – not just in Ferguson, but in Baltimore, Cleveland and other places – seem to underscore a major irony. Black lives don’t seem to matter at all until they end up getting killed at the hands of police.

Until that time, even the black community seems to ignore the lives of these young people. The rates of marriage and two-parent headed households among black youths borders on a national tragedy. If black lives really mattered, it seems that instead of making isolated instances of police misconduct the focus of the movement, activists would instead concentrate on implementing actions to improve the state of the black family.

By protesting and disrupting mainstream Democratic candidates – such as the recent breakup of a Bernie Sanders campaign rally in Seattle – the movement is demonstrating that it does not have the organizational sophistication to form strategic alliances that would ultimately beget political power.

If black lives really mattered, so would black behavior. High school dropout rates, incarceration rates and teenage pregnancy rates are factors affecting black lives over which the black community has a great deal of control.

I'd say step one should be, stop making excuses for police brutality.

I'd say step one should be, stop making excuses for police brutality.

But they play no roles in their own demise, it's all someone elses fault! Right Rev. Al?

Are little old black ladies being beaten up on the way to the bake sale?

No? Why? Well because they aren't committing crimes probably.

I have never gotten much more than round and round deceptive bs from any lefty around here. So I am giving it back.

Of course. Your inability to think on a level consistent with a mature adult is someone else's fault. If the lefties here would just agree with your dopey point of view, you'd seem much more intelligent.

It's my fault that you think the fact that violent black people, like all violent people, tend to engage in violent acts against people they know (other black people)........is proof that the black community is unworthy of your concern.

Of course. Your inability to think on a level consistent with a mature adult is someone else's fault. If the lefties here would just agree with your dopey point of view, you'd seem much more intelligent.

It's my fault that you think the fact that violent black people, like all violent people, tend to engage in violent acts against people they know (other black people)........is proof that the black community is unworthy of your concern.

That is rich!

This is a problem democrats created, so you should fix it.

Forum List

Back