What If a Nuke Was Set To Explode Tomorrow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask all posters to this thread to answer the following question with a YES or NO answer. Add more if desired, but please don't omit a yes or no answer.

Suppose a terrorist was captured and being interrogated by the FBI. Suppose he told the agents that a nuclear bomb was scheduled to be detonated in New York City, within 24 hours. With an estimated 2017 population of 8.6 Million, and despite being distributed over a massive land area of about 302.6 square miles, New York City is also the most densely populated major city in the United States.

If this nuclear bomb, of significant size and power, were exploded, it would kill millions of people, and be the most horrific single event in human history. And suppose the terrorist said he knew who the perpetrator was in charge of this heinous act, his location, the location of the device to be used to detonate the bomb, and how to easily disable it.

Bear in mind that torture is illegal under US law (Title 18 of US Code, Section 2340A)

So here's the question. >> Would/should we allow millions of fellow Americans to be incinerated and radiated by this monstrous event, or would/should we do whatever it takes (including torture) to get this information from this terrorist, if it's apparent that that would stop the bomb ?

YES or NO.

bend over and kiss your ass goodbye

Dipshit, you must be on the wrong thread. The OP is about a nuke in NYC, not the number of dead caused by terrorist up to now, Geez you are dense.

You advocate letting them all die, 8 million of them, without doing everything POSSIBLE to save them.

Doesn't that make you complicit in those deaths. I think IT SURE AS HELL DOES.

But the terrorist will be quite comfortable while your fellow Americans are vaporized. And that's the most important thing to you, right?

The thread is about torture and whether one would do so for any reason to extract information.

The answer to that question is no.

I was simply pointing out that guys like you are a larger danger to society than is an Islamic terrorist.

And your ticking time bomb hypothetical is as dense as are Protectionist and yourself.

Tick, Tick, Bull, Shit
Defusing the "Ticking Time Bomb" Excuse
BBC - Ethics - Torture: The 'ticking bomb' problem

Yes.

If we have 100%, unassailable proof that the guy we have in custody knows where this bomb is, and we only have 24 hours before it goes off and we have exhausted all other forms of persuasion, I would probably be okay with it.

I would do other methods of persuasion first however… For example, remember the photos of our bombs landing in Iraq/Kuwait during the Gulf War? If we know that much about the guy in custody, we probably know where he lives. I’d have a live feed from the AC130 Gunship circling the house and try that first…

OK...let’s consider this

A nuclear weapon is set to go off tomorrow. You have a hundred people and one is believed to be the suspect

Is it acceptable to torture 99 innocent people?
Well, if the North Vietnamese and their torture is any indication....you can work them over for several weeks and maybe get some propaganda statements from them.....but I don't think that would help in this case.
That is where this is going

The end justifies the means. Torturing innocent people is just the price you pay to get valuable information

What innocent people?
How do you know they are guilty?

Has the United States become a country where you can torture a confession out of someone?

These conservatives all claim it is necessary when we do it

They don’t care if it is used on our sons or daughters to extract information

That's because very few of them HAVE sons and daughters in harms way.

What? I venture to guess conservatives have more kids in the military than liberals. If you have a link that proves otherwise, please present it

I would guess it is pretty evenly split:

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.51.49 AM.png

If you use the voting demographics of the voting blocks, Whites are pretty evenly split between R’s and D’s but Blacks and Hispanics usually vote heavily democratic.

Very unscientific.

OK...let’s consider this

A nuclear weapon is set to go off tomorrow. You have a hundred people and one is believed to be the suspect

Well, if the North Vietnamese and their torture is any indication....you can work them over for several weeks and maybe get some propaganda statements from them.....but I don't think that would help in this case.

The end justifies the means. Torturing innocent people is just the price you pay to get valuable information

What innocent people?
How do you know they are guilty?

Has the United States become a country where you can torture a confession out of someone?

Because he confessed dumb ass.

"Suppose a terrorist was captured and being interrogated by the FBI. Suppose he told the agents that a nuclear bomb was scheduled to be detonated in New York City, within 24 hours."

OK...let’s consider this

The "ticking time bomb" scenario is (by far) the dumbest excuse for torture ever known to mankind.

It was rejected YEARS ago - guys who believe this shit need counseling.

Dipshit, you must be on the wrong thread. The OP is about a nuke in NYC, not the number of dead caused by terrorist up to now, Geez you are dense.

You advocate letting them all die, 8 million of them, without doing everything POSSIBLE to save them.

But the terrorist will be quite comfortable while your fellow Americans are vaporized. And that's the most important thing to you, right?

The thread is about torture and whether one would do so for any reason to extract information.

I was simply pointing out that guys like you are a larger danger to society than is an Islamic terrorist.

And your ticking time bomb hypothetical is as dense as are Protectionist and yourself.

Tick, Tick, Bull, Shit

Bullshit it is. The OP listed specifics.

Your attempt to hijack the thread is masking your distain for fellow Americans in favor of the comfort of A SINGLE TERRORIST.

TRUTH.

OK...let’s consider this

What innocent people?

Do you realize how entirely implausible the ticking time bomb thing is?

It's stupid - It's dumb - But I guess sadists bring it up because for them it's a whole bunch of FUN?

AYAYAY :rolleyes-41:

Tick, Tick, Bull, Shit

Your attempt to hijack the thread is masking your distain for fellow Americans in favor of the comfort of A SINGLE TERRORIST.

TRUTH.

Read my links and get back to me

OK...let’s consider this

The "ticking time bomb" scenario is (by far) the dumbest excuse for torture ever known to mankind.

It was rejected YEARS ago - guys who believe this shit need counseling.

But telling the dude he will face 8,000,000 life sentences, instead of just one would work sooooooo much better.

Your kind of retarded, are’nt you?

Tick, Tick, Bull, Shit

TRUTH.

Read my links and get back to me

Seen em, they suck

OK...let’s consider this

What innocent people?

Do you realize how entirely implausible the ticking time bomb thing is?

It's stupid - It's dumb - But I guess sadists bring it up because for them it's a whole bunch of FUN?

AYAYAY :rolleyes-41:

Your hero Herman Munster disagrees.....

Nuclear Terrorism FAQ

You liberals sure are a stupid bunch.

But telling the dude he will face 8,000,000 life sentences, instead of just one would work sooooooo much better.

Your kind of retarded, are’nt you?

You're not going to find this "dude" who has his finger on a button or a code of some sort.

So just start skinning alive and castrating middle eastern-ish looking people who in your eyes appear to be "suspect" -

Apparently that's the way you get off. :rolleyes:

The Geneva Convention, The Hague Conventions, and whatever other internationalist documents there are floating around, can make birdcage linings.
They are supreme law of the land in the US through Article 6, Clause 2 of the US Constitution. Didn't you make an oath to defend that?

If we have 100%, unassailable proof that the guy we have in custody knows where this bomb is, and we only have 24 hours before it goes off and we have exhausted all other forms of persuasion, I would probably be okay with it.
In this scenario the '100% unassailable proof' is that some guy said it. That was just before he sold a taxi driver to the CIA.

Einstein let Pandora out of the box. Nuke New York City because they are tards beyond all recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back