What I HATE more than carrots

Sweet tea and grits. Yuck!
I knew there was something wrong with ya, but I had no idea how deep the putrefaction ran. ;)
I'm from MI, we eat potatoes and not grits.;)
Potatoes are great...love them. But good grits with butter and salt...mmm-mmm yummy. Think I'm going to have some for breakfast.

Also, shrimp and potatoes doesn't sound good at all, while shrimp and grits are heavenly. :tongue-44:

Iā€™ve never had grits. I donā€™t think I could bring myself to eat them, just looking at them.
It's just corn ya know.

S
Iā€™ve never had grits. I donā€™t think I could bring myself to eat them, just looking at them.

Grits are pretty bland unto themselves. But creamy grits, cheese grits or some other flavored grits can be pretty tasty.

Shrimp & grits is the only way I'll eat them.

I did a photo shoot for a local restaurant. Of course, I got to eat the food after I photographed it. This was their "Shrimp & Grit Cakes".

Unreal...

48405808586_c78fcfd0f5_z.jpg

Shrimp and grits Charleston South Carolina's signature dish.

North Carolina:

Thatā€™s where I first laid eyes on grits.

My Grandfather always fancied himself handy in the kitchen and, one night, in his kitchen in Riverhead, New York on Long Island (which is the first place you think of when you think "grits", am I right?) decided to make them.

Here's this born and bred, lifelong New Yorker trying to make grits and get the entire family to try them.

They tasted like sand.

I didn't have them again until I moved to Florida and learned that "shrimp & grits" usually have bacon in them...

North Carolina:

My Grandfather always fancied himself handy in the kitchen and, one night, in his kitchen in Riverhead, New York on Long Island (which is the first place you think of when you think "grits", am I right?) decided to make them.

Here's this born and bred, lifelong New Yorker trying to make grits and get the entire family to try them.

They tasted like sand.

I didn't have them again until I moved to Florida and learned that "shrimp & grits" usually have bacon in them...

New Yorkers like oats, donā€™t they?

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

Sand doest taste but the sand like texture says he didn't cook them nearly long enough.
There's a funny scene in My Cousin Vinny that addresses grit cooking time.

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

As in... cereal?

Yeah, I suppose.

But grits on Long Island would be like fried gator tail in San Diego...

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

Sand doest taste but the sand like texture says he didn't cook them nearly long enough.

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

As in... cereal?

Yeah, I suppose.

As in porridge.

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

As in... cereal?

Yeah, I suppose.

As in porridge.

No, I can't say you'll find a lot of porridge on Long Island, or anywhere in New York...

What I HATE more than carrots this is Ice Tea, a disgusting monstrosity. When I was in Texas for six months I was subjected to this and because I am polite I on two occasions accepted Ice Tea, but I add on BOTH of these occasions I made the Ice Tea able to drink by putting Jim Beam (Bourbon) in it.

Well, good for you. That's what I'd do.

However, I'd order much better bourbons than Jimmy Beam. I'd be happy to provide a list if you ever need one.

You've never turned down a Long GIsland Ice tea.. I know that..

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

Porridge aka oatmeal. I think it hails from the British isles and can be any of several grains is typically oats. Although rolled oats like Quaker Oats may have been a US invention.

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

As in... cereal?

Yeah, I suppose.

As in porridge.

No, I can't say you'll find a lot of porridge on Long Island, or anywhere in New York...

I go there every year, and havenā€™t seen much of it.

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

As in... cereal?

Yeah, I suppose.

As in porridge.

Oatmeal aka porridge. Same shit different shovel.

What I HATE more than carrots this is Ice Tea, a disgusting monstrosity. When I was in Texas for six months I was subjected to this and because I am polite I on two occasions accepted Ice Tea, but I add on BOTH of these occasions I made the Ice Tea able to drink by putting Jim Beam (Bourbon) in it.

However, I'd order much better bourbons than Jimmy Beam. I'd be happy to provide a list if you ever need one.

It's amazing how something made of pure booze can taste so much like Sweet Tea. There was a bar I went to -- so long ago I can't remember what state -- that served it in a big balloon glass you got to take home. One would be plenty.

It's amazing how something made of pure booze can taste so much like Sweet Tea. There was a bar I went to -- so long ago I can't remember what state -- that served it in a big balloon glass you got to take home. One would be plenty.

Truly a lethal combination and a useful tool of destruction.

North Carolina:

They tasted like sand.

As in... cereal?

Yeah, I suppose.

As in porridge.

Oatmeal aka porridge. Same shit different shovel.

Divided by a common language.

This has randomly entered my head approx 10 minutes ago, the Ice Tea situation I was subjected to, not sure why it randomly entered my head, I think I must have been psychologically traumatised by it and it return to me in a Flashback :omg:

I also remember when I was in Texas for six months, one night I was in a bar with a friend and a man who I not know appear behind and he squeeze my boobies and he said "Are those real?" and I said "I believe so" :)

Sweet tea and grits. Yuck!
I knew there was something wrong with ya, but I had no idea how deep the putrefaction ran. ;)
I'm from MI, we eat potatoes and not grits.;)
Potatoes are great...love them. But good grits with butter and salt...mmm-mmm yummy. Think I'm going to have some for breakfast.

Also, shrimp and potatoes doesn't sound good at all, while shrimp and grits are heavenly. :tongue-44:

It's just corn ya know.

In Texas I was confronted with blue corn that was blue. It was nice it tasted like corn the yellow one.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Forum List

Back