What Happens If The Election Was A Fraud? The Constitution Doesn’t Say.

The lack of an established process for reviewing elections points to a larger issue: The structures established by the Constitution assumed a world in which the presidency and the Electoral College were not fully absorbed into a contentious national party system. That vision has long since been replaced by one in which presidential elections are national contests over policy agendas and ideas. The text of our Constitution has never been changed to reflect this reality. Instead, the Electoral College remains the final word on who gets to be president. When it comes to the possibility that the winning side colluded with a foreign power to influence the election outcome, the Constitution doesn’t offer much in the way of a plan.

Much More: What Happens If The Election Was A Fraud? The Constitution Doesn’t Say.

I have only quoted the last paragraph. All the details are in the previous eleven paragraphs. The bottom line appears to be that our Constitution is not equipped to deal with such an event. Hence, a constitutional crisis.

Nope- frankly it is impossible- because under our Constitution, when the Electoral College votes- the election is official.

Suppose however we did find out that some American President was 'installed' by a foreign power through voter fraud- say the election system was hacked.

Then Congress could impeach the President if they thought it was warranted.

The lack of an established process for reviewing elections points to a larger issue: The structures established by the Constitution assumed a world in which the presidency and the Electoral College were not fully absorbed into a contentious national party system. That vision has long since been replaced by one in which presidential elections are national contests over policy agendas and ideas. The text of our Constitution has never been changed to reflect this reality. Instead, the Electoral College remains the final word on who gets to be president. When it comes to the possibility that the winning side colluded with a foreign power to influence the election outcome, the Constitution doesn’t offer much in the way of a plan.

Much More: What Happens If The Election Was A Fraud? The Constitution Doesn’t Say.

I have only quoted the last paragraph. All the details are in the previous eleven paragraphs. The bottom line appears to be that our Constitution is not equipped to deal with such an event. Hence, a constitutional crisis.

Hillary losing does not make it a fraud.

Now Ballots magically appearing in IL and TX to fuck Nixon in 1960 -- that was a fraud

But do remember- Trump was predicting before the election that if he lost- that would make it fraud.

Nope- frankly it is impossible- because under our Constitution, when the Electoral College votes- the election is official.

Suppose however we did find out that some American President was 'installed' by a foreign power through voter fraud- say the election system was hacked.

Only the president? The entire election should be nullified.

Only the president? The entire election should be nullified.

Our elections don't get nullified.

We have the Constitution and a legal system.

Congress can remove a President- and his Vice President too- but it wouldn't 'nullify' the election.

If fraud is proven, it seems to me that the winner of the most popular votes should become president. However, our Constitution doesn't address that. If Trump and Pence are indicted and/or impeached - I certainly don't want Paul Ryan to become president.

If fraud is proven, it seems to me that the winner of the most popular votes should become president.

Why would Hillary's fraud be grounds to make Hillary president?

I'm glad that didn't happen. That could be bad.

If fraud is proven, it seems to me that the winner of the most popular votes should become president. However, our Constitution doesn't address that. If Trump and Pence are indicted and/or impeached - I certainly don't want Paul Ryan to become president.

They wouldn't be, and Hillary won't be president. Just let that go, you'll feel better.

The list of succession is not something to celebrate,
(see: United States presidential line of succession - Wikipedia)

Some of them might even be worse than Pence ... err ... I suppose that's not possible. Maybe when Trump leaves Pence will name someone whose competent, not a bigot and a REAL Christian. As far as I'm concerned Pence is a CINO, i.e. a Christian in name only.

You believe A real Christian is someone who supports open borders, welfare and abortion.

“The Constitution Doesn’t Say.”

That not entirely true.

Article II, Section 4 affords the people the means by which to remove a president from office who conspired to win by means of election fraud, such as interference by Russia.
Trump would have had to commit the fraud, so that theory falls on its face.

I wouldn't go there. but the reality is that if there is a problem, that's where the electoral college is supposed to step in.

Some of them might even be worse than Pence ... err ... I suppose that's not possible. Maybe when Trump leaves Pence will name someone whose competent, not a bigot and a REAL Christian. As far as I'm concerned Pence is a CINO, i.e. a Christian in name only.

You believe A real Christian is someone who supports open borders, welfare and abortion.

"christianity" has nothing to do with hating immigrants.

and I'm pretty sure that, as omorosa said, "Jesus ain't say that".

are you insane enough to think G-d only cares about white christian males?

“The Constitution Doesn’t Say.”

That not entirely true.

Article II, Section 4 affords the people the means by which to remove a president from office who conspired to win by means of election fraud, such as interference by Russia.
Trump would have had to commit the fraud, so that theory falls on its face.

Did Trump or Mueller tell you that?

"christianity" has nothing to do with hating immigrants.

and I'm pretty sure that, as omorosa said, "Jesus ain't say that".

are you insane enough to think G-d only cares about white christian males?

Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants." The later have a valid immigrant visa.

Supporting a secure border doesn't mean you hate immigrants. That's like saying having a door on your house that locks means you hate visitors. It's the usual absurd leftwing abuse of the English language.

As for God, I'm an atheist, so I have no opinions on what God thinks. However, I despise anti-Christian bigots.

Forum List

Back