What Happened to Trump's Iran Policy? Senate to vote Friday on Trump's Iran war authority

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
Senate to vote Friday on Trump's Iran war authority

The Senate will vote Friday on a measure to block President Trump from taking military action against Iran without congressional approval.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced that leadership had hashed out a deal to vote on the proposal from Sens. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) and Tom Udall (D-N.M.), and that they would hold the vote open to give 2020 candidates the chance to return from Miami.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump said he would obliterate Iran if they so much as piss on the wrong square inch of blah, blah, blah & Trump said he does NOT require Congressional approval to bomb Iran into the Persian era.

Haha .......... what happened to Trump's Iran ballz?

Whiny baby Trump NOT gonna like the 'politics' of the Senate. LOFL ..........

the US shouldn't conduct foreign policy in a bathrobe at 5AM, like Trump is doing

The Senate will vote Friday on a measure to block President Trump from taking military action against Iran without congressional approval.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced that leadership had hashed out a deal to vote on the proposal from Sens. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) and Tom Udall (D-N.M.), and that they would hold the vote open to give 2020 candidates the chance to return from Miami.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump said he would obliterate Iran if they so much as piss on the wrong square inch of blah, blah, blah & Trump said he does NOT require Congressional approval to bomb Iran into the Persian era.

Note to the clueless, the vote if passed, will not effect the war powers act.

• Banned
I guess the Op missed the new sanctions.

Sucks to be his stupid ass.

oh no, I missed nothing; right after the last round of sanctions Iranian president Hassan Rouhani stated Trump is “afflicted by mental disability” :9:

Rouhani is exactly correct :21:

• Banned

That will be great for AmeriKKKa when Trump gets US into a giant cluster fuck of a war with Iran; won't it?

Congress abdicated it's responsibility long ago. What makes them think they can stop the "I'll do as I want" President now?

Do you think the SC would stand behind a "Legislative Veto" if it comes down to that?

It shows Trump where his support is

None of our allies will support US military action in Iran
Now it looks like Congress and his own party will not support him

If this were another president, Trump would be tweeting up a storm opposing US action in Iran

That will be great for AmeriKKKa when Trump gets US into a giant cluster fuck of a war with Iran; won't it?

I think you're confusing Trump with your dear leader, Trump has yet to start any new conflicts. Iran has been at war with us through proxies for decades and we have yet to give them a firm bitch slapping. So run along commie and enjoy fantasy land.

I think you're confusing Trump with your dear leader, Trump has yet to start any new conflicts. Iran has been at war with us through proxies for decades and we have yet to give them a firm bitch slapping. So run along commie and enjoy fantasy land.

In 1953 a Republican, IKE, made the wrong move by approving a CIA led coup against Iran.
The fallout from that bad move is still haunting US/Iran relations, to this day.
Then Reagan, another Republican, shot down an Iranian airliner, killing 290 innocents.

I guess you kinda have your Iran perspective all fucked up, little boi.

So, Trump will continue to allow the Iranians to shoot down $100 million US military aircraft & continue to play 'Private Bonespurz?'

In 1953 a Republican, IKE, made the wrong move by approving a CIA led coup against Iran.
The fallout from that bad move is still haunting US/Iran relations, to this day.
Then Reagan, another Republican, shot down an Iranian airliner, killing 290 innocents.

So, Trump will continue to allow the Iranians to shoot down $100 million US military aircraft & continue to play 'Private Bonespurz?'

Hey commie, you got anything to address what I actually said?

we are both talking about Trump; try and keep up little boi

Exactly. He is the CIC. If Iran were to strike at American targets in the Gulf, he is clear to fire. He does not need Congressional approval.
He only needs Congressional approval to wage war...(long term).

How is Iran going to initiate a war with America? Send their ships out to be sunk? Launch missiles so that their missile sites
can be destroyed? There is nothing they can do. They can declare war but that doesn't mean we have to fight them. They cannot
launch any successful attack on American interests without being hit back much harder.

Their regime has to live with these sanctions, and they won't be able to live much longer before their own people will begin their own
revolt.

What the hell did Reagan or Ike have to do with the conversation?

I guess the Op missed the new sanctions.

Sucks to be his stupid ass.

The new sanctions are meaningless. All they've done is convince the Iranians that Donald Trump is a stupid tool and they have permanently closed all diplomatic channels to him. Yet another situation that was fully dealt with by the Obama administration but Trump had to pull his bull in a china shop routine, and tear everything up.

In an earlier post you stated, "I think you're confusing Trump with your dear leader, ....... "

I figured if you wanna derail shit with, "your dear leader" which I have no idea whom you are referring to, I might as well put the (extended) US/Iran relationship into context.

WTF is, "your dear leader?" See what happens when you play fucking stupid?

In an earlier post you stated, "I think you're confusing Trump with your dear leader, ....... "

I figured if you wanna derail shit with, "your dear leader" which I have no idea whom you are referring to, I might as well put the (extended) US/Iran relationship into context.

Well you don't play at stupid, you own it. Jimmy Carter and his bungling with the Ayatollah led to the hostage crisis. The Iranians have been nothing but a bunch of blowhards ever since. See, the Iranian economy is all but dead thanks to TRUMP'S sanctions. Their money is worthless. If they attempt any strike on an American ship, they'll get bombed back to the Stone Age. Trump holds all the cards.

Well you don't play at stupid, you own it. Jimmy Carter and his bungling with the Ayatollah led to the hostage crisis. The Iranians have been nothing but a bunch of blowhards ever since. See, the Iranian economy is all but dead thanks to TRUMP'S sanctions. Their money is worthless. If they attempt any strike on an American ship, they'll get bombed back to the Stone Age. Trump holds all the cards.

The 1953 CIA led coup was the cause of the hostage crisis. Maybe you should have a better grasp of history?

So, you are giving the US a 'pass' for the 1953 CIA coup that deposed the democratically elected Iranian Prime Minister Mosaddegh?

And you're also giving the US a 'pass' for the murder of 290 innocent passengers that were blown out of the fucking sky by the US Navy in 1988?

You seem like such a great guy; the Iranians would prolly be your 'friend.'

Forum List

Back