What good did Bush/Republican policies do for this country and for the Middle Class?

Poor deanie is still under the illusion that there is ANY difference between the two parties.

Obama continued Bush policies, Romney will continue Obama policies which are:

Money Printing and Endless War.

listen you complete fucking idiot.

there is a differance.

Saying there is not does not make you look smart.

I know there is this confused pack of you clowns running arround going "I know so much more than you do" and they are all flawed.

Guess what , that is NOT a revelation.

There are NO perfect choices in life.

Are you just leaning that?

Guess what the really smart people do in life?

They make the BEST choice they can make in EVERY situation.

You wieght the factors and pick the path that provides the BEST outcome.

Grow up and realise that if the republicans win you will see MORE of their basic platform being implimented.

That means more shrinking the government until it is small enough to end outright.

They have all agreed with Norquist and are signing his pledge like it was a war call.

No taxes EVER!

Do you understand what happens to the government our founders designed for us if we never raise taxes ever again?

This country will at some point cease to exsit.

That is what the whole pledge is for.

They want the corporations to run the country.

That means a profit based country that sees REAL human beings as merely assets for the corporation to do with as they please and to dispose of any time they see fit.

It does to make a differance, it makes a huge fucking differance who we elect next time.

GROW UP

I think you may be mistaken about Republicans wanting to "shrink" government regardless of what they say. I believe they want to "shift" government.

Polices women's bodies. Since women make up more than half the population, that requires enormous resources.

Expand the military. The military is fully funded by the government. Republicans want to protects themselves from the world, but who protects the world from them?

Do you realize TM that our Founders never wanted a Federal Income Tax from the people?
State taxes yes, Federal Taxes no.
Yes, it's going to be a vote, of who wants the government to control them, or freedom from the government.

Interesting....can you remind us which countries in the world do not pay federal or national taxes?

Do you realize TM that our Founders never wanted a Federal Income Tax from the people?
Yes, it's going to be a vote, of who wants the government to control them, or freedom from the government.

Interesting....can you remind us which countries in the world do not pay federal or national taxes?

We are America, which stands for freedom from our Federal Government.
This is some of many things, that made us different from all other countries.
It was the 16th amendment, done by progressives, that changed it to collection of Federal Taxes like the rest of the world governments.

Prior to 1913, there was no federal income tax. The states had rights and representation in Washington, D.C., there was no Federal Reserve Bank, and the federal government lived under the enumerated powers afforded within the U.S. Constitution.

It was the Federal Reserve Bank that lent out credit, that caused the first stock market crash.

I don't think it was Bush's policy to benefit the middle classes spficically, although I'm sure he would have hoped their lives were improved somewhere along the way.

Bush's policies, like Reagan before him, were designed to benefit the top 1% of Americans, who control 35% of the wealth. If you can work with 1% of the people and in doing so access 35% of the capital - who needs the 99%?

Talk about empty-headed propaganda.

Talk about knee-jerk reactions.

As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers)

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

Republicans call that a "success".

If Republicans had any good policies, they would be filling up this thread but they can't because they don't.

FAIL!

You claim the OP, it's your's to prove.

Once again....

LINK! to the policies, not a YouTube vid.
Your assumption that R's are my party proves your ingnorance.

:cuckoo:

How can you be so fucking stupid? Dumbass. That was the spokeswoman for the Republican Party. That is a link You, on the other hand, can't prove any fucking thing. You don't even know what your leaders are about. Worse, you don't even want to know. You're hopeless.

It was the 16th amendment, done by progressives, that changed it to collection of Federal Taxes like the rest of the world governments.

Prior to 1913, there was no federal income tax. The states had rights and representation in Washington, D.C., there was no Federal Reserve Bank, and the federal government lived under the enumerated powers afforded within the U.S. Constitution.

It was the Federal Reserve Bank that lent out credit, that caused the first stock market crash.

Right - so there are actually no countries at all which do not pay national taxes, are there?

You might also want to check how much tax US citizens pay compared to citizens in other western countries - the US is at the very low end of the scale, which explains why so many of your basic services are crap.

Americans really need to undersand how taxes work in other countries before they whine too much about paying them.

As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers)

Republicans call that a "success".

Oh, indeed.

I believe the Bush and Romney families own a good chunk of that 34.6%, and don't understand what you other ungrateful bastards are whining about.

I'll bite...

First, Romney doesn't say "We will go back to the old ways."

Second, provide actual policies (not warped opinions or hack pieces) that PROVE Bush/Republicans were bad for this county and the Middle Class.
I'll wait...
:cuckoo:

RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2KveVy1PU]RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated" - YouTube[/ame]

Unlike Hilary Rosen, Alexandra Franceschi really is a Republican spokeswoman.

Once again, you show your ignorance about your own party. Why do you think that is? Republicans don't care what their leaders do? They just vote for them regardless?

I love how you progressives have to stoop to taking little sound bite "snippets" of Republican comments in order to give them a different meaning. The following is the complete answer by Ms Franceschi to that question:

Franceschi: "I think it’s that program, just updated. I think the Republican party really stands for some firm ideals of limited government, of support for small businesses, and support for people who are trying to build themselves up by the bootstraps and attain the American dream."

Gee, Deanie...why did you feel compelled to cut her statement off with that first part and not let her entire statement speak for itself? The same reason you cut a snippet of Mitt Romney's speech out to make it appear that he said he liked firing people?

Here's the thing...if Barack Obama had a decent economic record to run on then you wouldn't need to use deceptive practices like this...but he doesn't and you know it. So instead of running on Obama positives you run on "blame Bush". It's amusing.

Talk about things out of context. Romney doesn't say we'll go back to the old ways, he says, "This time we'll get it right", it's the Republican Leadership that says we will return to Bush policies, only "updated".

At least he admits Republicans were "WRONG". No other Republican will, even in spite of all their many catastrophes and disasters and their incompetency.

What are Republican policies? What is listed aren't "policies".

"Make better" and "show support" are not policies.

Rebuild 70,000 substandard bridges and update American's electrical grid are policies.

Help small business is not a policy.

Install broadband for small business so they can expand their customer base (it's been very successful in the north east paid for with stimulus money. Even Scott Brown supported it.) That's a policy.

Live the American dream is not a policy.

Invest in education so we have more skilled workers is a policy.

Be free is not a policy.

Invest in technology and rebuild roads, trains and sewers are policies.

See?

Everything not a policy is what Republicans are saying.

Everything that is a policy is what Obama has been saying. Do you guys finally understand what an example of a domestic policy is?

Poor deanie is still under the illusion that there is ANY difference between the two parties.

there is a differance.

I know there is this confused pack of you clowns running arround going "I know so much more than you do" and they are all flawed.

Grow up and realise that if the republicans win you will see MORE of their basic platform being implimented.

That means more shrinking the government until it is small enough to end outright.

They have all agreed with Norquist and are signing his pledge like it was a war call.

No taxes EVER!

Do you understand what happens to the government our founders designed for us if we never raise taxes ever again?

That means a profit based country that sees REAL human beings as merely assets for the corporation to do with as they please and to dispose of any time they see fit.

It does to make a differance, it makes a huge fucking differance who we elect next time.

GROW UP

Only an idiot could take the call for less government spending and portray it as a desire to get rid of government entirely.

The fact is our government is bloated and wasteful. Piling more bloat and waste on top of what already exists is the progressive's answer to all our problems and THAT is a recipe for fiscal disaster.

RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated"

RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated" - YouTube

Unlike Hilary Rosen, Alexandra Franceschi really is a Republican spokeswoman.

Once again, you show your ignorance about your own party. Why do you think that is? Republicans don't care what their leaders do? They just vote for them regardless?

I love how you progressives have to stoop to taking little sound bite "snippets" of Republican comments in order to give them a different meaning. The following is the complete answer by Ms Franceschi to that question:

Franceschi: "I think it’s that program, just updated. I think the Republican party really stands for some firm ideals of limited government, of support for small businesses, and support for people who are trying to build themselves up by the bootstraps and attain the American dream."

Gee, Deanie...why did you feel compelled to cut her statement off with that first part and not let her entire statement speak for itself? The same reason you cut a snippet of Mitt Romney's speech out to make it appear that he said he liked firing people?

Here's the thing...if Barack Obama had a decent economic record to run on then you wouldn't need to use deceptive practices like this...but he doesn't and you know it. So instead of running on Obama positives you run on "blame Bush". It's amusing.

Talk about things out of context. Romney doesn't say we'll go back to the old ways, he says, "This time we'll get it right", it's the Republican Leadership that says we will return to Bush policies, only "updated".

At least he admits Republicans were "WRONG". No other Republican will, even in spite of all their many catastrophes and disasters and their incompetency.

What are Republican policies? What is listed aren't "policies".

"Make better" and "show support" are not policies.

Rebuild 70,000 substandard bridges and update American's electrical grid are policies.

Help small business is not a policy.

Install broadband for small business so they can expand their customer base (it's been very successful in the north east paid for with stimulus money. Even Scott Brown supported it.) That's a policy.

Live the American dream is not a policy.

Invest in education so we have more skilled workers is a policy.

Be free is not a policy.

Invest in technology and rebuild roads, trains and sewers are policies.

See?

Everything not a policy is what Republicans are saying.

Everything that is a policy is what Obama has been saying. Do you guys finally understand what an example of a domestic policy is?

So basically your solution to EVERYTHING is to have the Federal Government spend more money that they already don't have?

That in a nutshell is the fundamental difference between progressives and conservatives, Deanie. One side is calling for fiscal sanity while the other thinks they can just keep on printing and borrowing money to keep a house of cards standing.

Right - so there are actually no countries at all which do not pay national taxes, are there?

You might also want to check how much tax US citizens pay compared to citizens in other western countries - the US is at the very low end of the scale, which explains why so many of your basic services are crap.

Americans really need to undersand how taxes work in other countries before they whine too much about paying them.

Our Federal Taxes bring in 2.2 trillion every year to our Government.
How much is brought in each year by other countries?

Peach -

No idea...but I would guess that the tax burdern per capita in the US is lower than in most western democracies.

What's your point?

Peach -

No idea...but I would guess that the tax burden per capita in the US is lower than in most western democracies.

What's your point?

We don't want to be taxed at 40 to 50 % in some places as high as 60 to 80% in taxes, like other countries. You are a slave to your government when that is done. You are under control of your government when you have entitlements.
They take your money so that they can tell what and how much you can have back and for what services.
Our problem is over spending in our government. Not our taxes.
We are America and we are suppose to be free from our Federal Government.

Ben Franklin said it the best;

I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.

The personal tax rates in most western countries is around 30%, with VAT taxes of around 15 - 20%.

What makes the US so different from other economies is that you seem to have chosen to buy bargain basement services, whereas in many countries people are happy to pay a little more and get better quality.

To me it's not so different from buying a car or a TV...if you only look at the price ticket, you may be misunderstanding the transaction.

there is a differance.

No taxes EVER!

GROW UP

If there is actually a difference why don't you tell us what it is?

Is that the best justification for taxation you can come up with?

I don't think it was Bush's policy to benefit the middle classes spficically, although I'm sure he would have hoped their lives were improved somewhere along the way.

Bush's policies, like Reagan before him, were designed to benefit the top 1% of Americans, who control 35% of the wealth. If you can work with 1% of the people and in doing so access 35% of the capital - who needs the 99%?

Talk about empty-headed propaganda.

Talk about knee-jerk reactions.

You are correct, your response is knee-jerk.

Do you understand that, in the US, the top 20% actually includes a major portion of what is classified as the middle class?

The personal tax rates in most western countries is around 30%, with VAT taxes of around 15 - 20%.

What makes the US so different from other economies is that you seem to have chosen to buy bargain basement services, whereas in many countries people are happy to pay a little more and get better quality.

To me it's not so different from buying a car or a TV...if you only look at the price ticket, you may be misunderstanding the transaction.

The US currently has the highest marginal tax rate in the world.

What good did Bush/Republican policies do for this country and for the Middle Class?

If we know what good they did, then we will know what to expect when Republicans take us back to them.

Mitt says in his new ad, "This time we'll get it right". How will things be different if we return to the same policies?

Anyone?

"They fucked us up the butt"...

is that what you wanted to hear...?

If we know what good they did, then we will know what to expect when Republicans take us back to them.

Mitt says in his new ad, "This time we'll get it right". How will things be different if we return to the same policies?

Anyone?

"They fucked us up the butt"...

is that what you wanted to hear...?

Actually, I would like to hear something positive, but I know it doesn't exist.

Forum List

Back