What good did Bush/Republican policies do for this country and for the Middle Class?

R

rdean

What good did Bush/Republican policies do for this country and for the Middle Class?

If we know what good they did, then we will know what to expect when Republicans take us back to them.

Mitt says in his new ad, "This time we'll get it right". How will things be different if we return to the same policies?

Anyone?

If we know what good they did, then we will know what to expect when Republicans take us back to them.

Mitt says in his new ad, "This time we'll get it right". How will things be different if we return to the same policies?

Anyone?

I'll bite...

First, Romney doesn't say "We will go back to the old ways."

Second, provide actual policies (not warped opinions or hack pieces) that PROVE Bush/Republicans were bad for this county and the Middle Class.
I'll wait...
:cuckoo:

Poor deanie is still under the illusion that there is ANY difference between the two parties.

Obama continued Bush policies, Romney will continue Obama policies which are:

Money Printing and Endless War.

I don't think it was Bush's policy to benefit the middle classes spficically, although I'm sure he would have hoped their lives were improved somewhere along the way.

Bush's policies, like Reagan before him, were designed to benefit the top 1% of Americans, who control 35% of the wealth. If you can work with 1% of the people and in doing so access 35% of the capital - who needs the 99%?

Anyone?

I'll bite...

Second, provide actual policies (not warped opinions or hack pieces) that PROVE Bush/Republicans were bad for this county and the Middle Class.
I'll wait...

RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2KveVy1PU]RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated" - YouTube[/ame]

Unlike Hilary Rosen, Alexandra Franceschi really is a Republican spokeswoman.

Once again, you show your ignorance about your own party. Why do you think that is? Republicans don't care what their leaders do? They just vote for them regardless?

If Republicans had any good policies, they would be filling up this thread but they can't because they don't.

If Republicans had any good policies, they would be filling up this thread but they can't because they don't.

FAIL!

You claim the OP, it's your's to prove.

Once again....

LINK! to the policies, not a YouTube vid.
Your assumption that R's are my party proves your ingnorance.

Last edited:

Anyone?

I'll bite...

I'll wait...

RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2KveVy1PU]RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated" - YouTube[/ame]

Unlike Hilary Rosen, Alexandra Franceschi really is a Republican spokeswoman.

Once again, you show your ignorance about your own party. Why do you think that is? Republicans don't care what their leaders do? They just vote for them regardless?

I love how you progressives have to stoop to taking little sound bite "snippets" of Republican comments in order to give them a different meaning. The following is the complete answer by Ms Franceschi to that question:

Franceschi: "I think it’s that program, just updated. I think the Republican party really stands for some firm ideals of limited government, of support for small businesses, and support for people who are trying to build themselves up by the bootstraps and attain the American dream."

Gee, Deanie...why did you feel compelled to cut her statement off with that first part and not let her entire statement speak for itself? The same reason you cut a snippet of Mitt Romney's speech out to make it appear that he said he liked firing people?

Here's the thing...if Barack Obama had a decent economic record to run on then you wouldn't need to use deceptive practices like this...but he doesn't and you know it. So instead of running on Obama positives you run on "blame Bush". It's amusing.

Anyone?

Why don't you let me know how you feel about the Bush policies when your taxes go up next year?

The so called "good policies" that you seek, Deanie are already in practice in New Jersey and Wisconsin by a new breed of Republican leader. The REASON that the GOP got it's ass handed to it in 2008 was that they lost their way and strayed from the path of fiscal conservatism. George W. Bush's greatest failure as President is that he spent ALMOST as much as Barack Obama does.

I know that simple concepts like fiscal sanity are tough for you, little buddy...but that's the direction the electorate wants the government to go. Barry sure as heck isn't taking us there. Romney and a GOP controlled House would go a long ways towards getting our spending back under some semblance of control. Heck, they might even pass a budget so we taxpayers can see how bad the situation is. Haven't seen one of those from the Democrats in years now!

Anyone?

Why don't you let me know how you feel about the Bush policies when your taxes go up next year?

You really think Deanie pays taxes, Q?

Anyone?

I dare say he pays more than Romney...

Anyone?

Good point.

I dare say he pays more than Romney...

Hate to break this to you, Saigon...but in order to pay taxes you first have to make money. Have you actually read Deanie's posts? We're not talking someone who's noted for their intellect. How is it that you thing someone with that kind of "limitation" is going to make big bucks? The only way Deanie pays more in taxes than Romney is if the little guy hits the lottery.

I don't think it was Bush's policy to benefit the middle classes spficically, although I'm sure he would have hoped their lives were improved somewhere along the way.

Bush's policies, like Reagan before him, were designed to benefit the top 1% of Americans, who control 35% of the wealth. If you can work with 1% of the people and in doing so access 35% of the capital - who needs the 99%?

Talk about empty-headed propaganda.

Many middle class American's might still have their savings in 401 K's had Dem's not fought Bush's proposals of wanting GSE regulations.
Dem's fought this tooth and nail and finally used the filibustering rules to stop it.

Poor deanie is still under the illusion that there is ANY difference between the two parties.

Obama continued Bush policies, Romney will continue Obama policies which are:

Money Printing and Endless War.

listen you complete fucking idiot.

there is a differance.

Saying there is not does not make you look smart.

I know there is this confused pack of you clowns running arround going "I know so much more than you do" and they are all flawed.

Guess what , that is NOT a revelation.

There are NO perfect choices in life.

Are you just leaning that?

Guess what the really smart people do in life?

They make the BEST choice they can make in EVERY situation.

You wieght the factors and pick the path that provides the BEST outcome.

Grow up and realise that if the republicans win you will see MORE of their basic platform being implimented.

That means more shrinking the government until it is small enough to end outright.

They have all agreed with Norquist and are signing his pledge like it was a war call.

No taxes EVER!

Do you understand what happens to the government our founders designed for us if we never raise taxes ever again?

This country will at some point cease to exsit.

That is what the whole pledge is for.

They want the corporations to run the country.

That means a profit based country that sees REAL human beings as merely assets for the corporation to do with as they please and to dispose of any time they see fit.

It does to make a differance, it makes a huge fucking differance who we elect next time.

GROW UP

Last edited:

Talk about empty-headed propaganda.

Talk about knee-jerk reactions.

As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers)

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

Do you realize TM that our Founders never wanted a Federal Income Tax from the people?
State taxes yes, Federal Taxes no.
Yes, it's going to be a vote, of who wants the government to control them, or freedom from the government.

Forum List

Back