What good did Bush/Republican policies do for this country and for the Middle Class?

Discussion in 'History' started by rdean, Jun 2, 2012.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,867
    What good did Bush/Republican policies do for this country and for the Middle Class?

If we know what good they did, then we will know what to expect when Republicans take us back to them.

Mitt says in his new ad, "This time we'll get it right". How will things be different if we return to the same policies?

Anyone?

2. MeBelle

MeBelle Mebellien Mothership © Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    I'll bite...

First, Romney doesn't say "We will go back to the old ways."

Second, provide actual policies (not warped opinions or hack pieces) that PROVE Bush/Republicans were bad for this county and the Middle Class.
    I'll wait...
    :cuckoo:

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    Poor deanie is still under the illusion that there is ANY difference between the two parties.

Obama continued Bush policies, Romney will continue Obama policies which are:

Money Printing and Endless War.

4. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    I don't think it was Bush's policy to benefit the middle classes spficically, although I'm sure he would have hoped their lives were improved somewhere along the way.

Bush's policies, like Reagan before him, were designed to benefit the top 1% of Americans, who control 35% of the wealth. If you can work with 1% of the people and in doing so access 35% of the capital - who needs the 99%?

5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,867
    RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2KveVy1PU]RNC Spokesperson Confirms: Romney Economic Policies Are "Bush Plan Just Updated" - YouTube[/ame]

Unlike Hilary Rosen, Alexandra Franceschi really is a Republican spokeswoman.

Once again, you show your ignorance about your own party. Why do you think that is? Republicans don't care what their leaders do? They just vote for them regardless?

6. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,867
    If Republicans had any good policies, they would be filling up this thread but they can't because they don't.

7. MeBelle

MeBelle Mebellien Mothership © Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    FAIL!

You claim the OP, it's your's to prove.

Once again....

LINK! to the policies, not a YouTube vid.
    Your assumption that R's are my party proves your ingnorance.

:cuckoo:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  8. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,294
    I love how you progressives have to stoop to taking little sound bite "snippets" of Republican comments in order to give them a different meaning. The following is the complete answer by Ms Franceschi to that question:

Franceschi: "I think it’s that program, just updated. I think the Republican party really stands for some firm ideals of limited government, of support for small businesses, and support for people who are trying to build themselves up by the bootstraps and attain the American dream."

Gee, Deanie...why did you feel compelled to cut her statement off with that first part and not let her entire statement speak for itself? The same reason you cut a snippet of Mitt Romney's speech out to make it appear that he said he liked firing people?

Here's the thing...if Barack Obama had a decent economic record to run on then you wouldn't need to use deceptive practices like this...but he doesn't and you know it. So instead of running on Obama positives you run on "blame Bush". It's amusing.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Why don't you let me know how you feel about the Bush policies when your taxes go up next year?

10. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,294
    The so called "good policies" that you seek, Deanie are already in practice in New Jersey and Wisconsin by a new breed of Republican leader. The REASON that the GOP got it's ass handed to it in 2008 was that they lost their way and strayed from the path of fiscal conservatism. George W. Bush's greatest failure as President is that he spent ALMOST as much as Barack Obama does.

I know that simple concepts like fiscal sanity are tough for you, little buddy...but that's the direction the electorate wants the government to go. Barry sure as heck isn't taking us there. Romney and a GOP controlled House would go a long ways towards getting our spending back under some semblance of control. Heck, they might even pass a budget so we taxpayers can see how bad the situation is. Haven't seen one of those from the Democrats in years now!