What gives the State the right to ban guns in church?

How does admiring a gun make kids die???

It's all about attitude. I know a couple of kids that learned to admire guns. They pulled one out of their grandfathers night stand and one accidentally blew a hole in the others head. You don't admire. You respect. It is a weapon. It is not a piece of art.

I disagree....I think some guns are beautiful works of art. I also know they are a weapon. My son is well aware that my guns are weapons....and he knows I admire some of them as well.

Is it just a matter of time till he blows himself or someone else away??

So we disagree.

I don't know if your son will get hurt. I hope not.

Not trolling. If you don't understand what was said there, it just goes further to demonstrate that you are not the type to be safe with a gun.

Again, it does not go without saying that a gun is not a toy. If you think this, you're part of our problem. You are hurting the struggle to keep gun rights. This kind of flippant ignorance is what breeds complacency and leads to gun accidents.

Also, it can not be repeated enough that a gun is never to be considered "unloaded". In the context of this conversation, we are unable to actually handle this gun ourselves and verify that it was unloaded. As such, it is not safe and even speaking to the term "unloaded" without persoanlly verifying such is a deadly attitude.

There is no compromise of how firearms must be treated, at all times. This is not only how people get killed, it's how you are going to lose your rights.

Oh brother. You really are serious. Maybe you need to find a new hobby.

Here's an uloaded gun:

View attachment 7254

I can't see into that chamber. Can you?

At any rate, if you can't hold it and verify, it's not unloaded. That would be assuming it is unloaded.

Take a gun safety course. Really. It might keep you from getting yourself or someone else killed.

There is no doubting the fuckin thing is out of battery though.

Quit being a dickhead....

Who the fuck are you to determine who gets to excercise there god damn rights?? Huh??

You sound like some kind of a high on the horse dick head cop.:eusa_hand:

Oh brother. You really are serious. Maybe you need to find a new hobby.

Here's an uloaded gun:

View attachment 7254

At any rate, if you can't hold it and verify, it's not unloaded. That would be assuming it is unloaded.

Take a gun safety course. Really. It might keep you from getting yourself or someone else killed.

Who the fuck are you to determine who gets to excercise there god damn rights?? Huh??

That whole thing is a great example of foolishness. You couldn't see in the chamber. And Xsited claimed that was an unloaded gun. Why? Because there is a clip next to it? That is a photo of a gun. You can not tell if it is unloaded. But you want to go ahead and think so? Bad habit.

That whole thing is a great example of foolishness. You couldn't see in the chamber. And Xsited claimed that was an unloaded gun. Why? Because there is a clip next to it? That is a photo of a gun. You can not tell if it is unloaded. But you want to go ahead and think so? Bad habit.

Its not called a clip....it is known as a magazine. Just FYI

If the gun "had" been loaded.... racking and locking the slide back should have ejected a live round. I am not assuming the gun was unloaded....but I know it was out of battery though. The worst that could happen is that the slide could unexpectedly rack foward resulting in a all to uncommon slam-fire. Hence the reason to treat all guns as though they were "loaded"....always. On that rule... I agree with you.

All the other stuff you have to say makes you sound like a member of the Brady Bunch.....

Operation and handling of a gun isnt so complicated that it requires all kinds of training and classes. It requires common sense.....

Driving on the other hand:eusa_whistle:

If the gun "had" been loaded.... racking and locking the slide back should have ejected a live round. I am not assuming the gun was unloaded....but I know it was out of battery though. The worst that could happen is that the slide could unexpectedly rack foward resulting in a all to uncommon slam-fire. Hence the reason to treat all guns as though they were "loaded"....always. On that rule... I agree with you.

All the other stuff you have to say makes you sound like a member of the Brady Bunch.....

Operation and handling of a gun isnt so complicated that it requires all kinds of training and classes. It requires common sense.....

All the other stuff?

The one fucking thing I have been saying this whole time is that a weapon is always treated as loaded.

It is a simple rule to observe.

And yes, magazine.

And yes, the worst that could happen is an accidental discharge. What is the next worse? Firing out of battery? Blow your hand off maybe? Or do we just stick with accidental discharge and blow someone else's head off?

The office, the hospital, the church, where ever, I'm all for open and concealed carry. I am not for handling the weapon in those places unless you are intending to use it. Let's at least get out of the building full of people before we start playing with the guns.

Shit....this is common sense. Again, it's no wonder people want to take your damned guns.

According to the anti-gun lobby, the 2 controls you have to master in order to properly handle a gun is infinitely more difficult than the 12-18 controls one needs to master in order to drive an automobile.
That's why we let 16 year old kids drive cars, but you have to be 21 to own a hand gun.

Krotch, it's all about attitude. I agree with everything you posted except the part about checking and then treating the gun as unloaded. That leads to complacency and that causes accidents. I mean, how do you treat the gun differently? (aside from breaking it down or cleaning) Do you wave it around? Point it at things that you don't intend to shoot at? What exactly is this different treatment for the weapon once you have decided to treat it as unloaded? Do you dry fire the weapon at passing motorist?

I have a .22, H&R, 9 shot revolver in the night stand. I have a 20 and 12 gauge pump for bird hunting, a single shot 20 for turkey and a 7.62mm Czek made service side arm. I only use the Czek for the range. Loud as hell and an unweildy beast.

If you always treated a gun as loaded than you would never hand it to friend, you would never put it in a car, etc, etc, etc.

We can go round and round but we dont need to, I thought you were against guns, period. If you think a gun should never be seen, thats how you feel, so be it. I do not see it that way. I would love if someone I worked with pulled out a gun, although working in a secure area that is pretty much a job killer, but if I worked in an office and a gun was pulled out it is an oppurtunity to see how that person behaves and its knowledge I want.

People should talk about guns if they own them, they should know if people they work with have them. I know that not one person I am working with is carrying a gun, only security at the front gate.

It would trouble me deeply if everyone kept weapons of all sorts completely hid, I love knowing where I am and who I am around, how they behave.

This woman did the right thing, showing a gun to others that admire guns is right. Guns are much more than simply weapons, they are a tool, they are art, they are an example of craftsmanship and beauty. We should not be forced into a closet. We have the right to show or guns to friends even at our job if that is the attitude of those who own the company.

Yes, a poorly handled gun can kill, but that is no reason to go over the top and restrict a gun to being nothing more than a weapon.

I own two guns and want more. I want like I saw in "the outlaw josey wales", I wont shoot it, it will be art and displayed as such, it will always be unloaded and I will frame it and put it on the wall, if I was to treat it as loaded I could not do that.

I want five winshester rifles in a rack like I see when I watch john wayne and dean martin, those will be loaded, unlocked, proudly displayed.

People are going crazy.

Too many people are above and beyond simple safety.

Look, I don't want to take away your right to have guns, simply because mine goes with it. But between me and you and anyone that can read this, you are the dumb ass that is going to fuck it up for everyone. Do us a favor and just keep those ideas to yourself.

Five loaded, displayed winchesters.........the fucking poster child for gun control.

I am sorry, I said five, I meant six fully loaded bullet in the chamber rifles.

A gun that is locked and not within reach is useless. What is bad for gun owners are those among us that will demonize the safe handling of guns simply because you believe they should never be taken out of a locked safe.

Under your reasoning I could not walk to the gun range, not if I treat my gun as loaded, you see I do not walk with a loaded gun, it will also be awfully hard to show my children to properly handle a gun if I always treat it loaded, because you do not give loaded guns to a child until he learns how to handle the gun.

No, its idiots who go insane or go extreme that make the rest of look bad. I doubt that you even own guns, I think you are simply seating a benchmark for gun safety that is absurd in order to make responsible gun owners look unsafe.

The safe handling of guns does not mean you obsess like you have.

What the woman did was right and safe, I would encourage others to do the same, if where you work is owned and managed by people who enjoy the beauty of the fine mechanical workmansship of a gun, and if your boss, your manager, and fellow co-workers are all of the same mind as us, than by all means, do not be afraid to excersise your rights.

Bring a gun to work, lets make this a national day, bring you gun to work day.

Now you are really going mad, nobody here has suggested the handling of guns is playing with guns except you. I think that is telling.

The handling of guns is not play, even a loaded gun does not go off accidently in the hands of an intelligent person.

Last edited:

According to the anti-gun lobby, the 2 controls you have to master in order to properly handle a gun is infinitely more difficult than the 12-18 controls one needs to master in order to drive an automobile.
That's why we let 16 year old kids drive cars, but you have to be 21 to own a hand gun.

But according to the recent massive increase in accidents involving teen drivers, do you really believe them?

If you always treated a gun as loaded than you would never hand it to friend, you would never put it in a car, etc, etc, etc.

We can go round and round but we dont need to, I thought you were against guns, period. If you think a gun should never be seen, thats how you feel, so be it. I do not see it that way. I would love if someone I worked with pulled out a gun, although working in a secure area that is pretty much a job killer, but if I worked in an office and a gun was pulled out it is an oppurtunity to see how that person behaves and its knowledge I want.

People should talk about guns if they own them, they should know if people they work with have them. I know that not one person I am working with is carrying a gun, only security at the front gate.

It would trouble me deeply if everyone kept weapons of all sorts completely hid, I love knowing where I am and who I am around, how they behave.

This woman did the right thing, showing a gun to others that admire guns is right. Guns are much more than simply weapons, they are a tool, they are art, they are an example of craftsmanship and beauty. We should not be forced into a closet. We have the right to show or guns to friends even at our job if that is the attitude of those who own the company.

Yes, a poorly handled gun can kill, but that is no reason to go over the top and restrict a gun to being nothing more than a weapon.

I own two guns and want more. I want like I saw in "the outlaw josey wales", I wont shoot it, it will be art and displayed as such, it will always be unloaded and I will frame it and put it on the wall, if I was to treat it as loaded I could not do that.

I want five winshester rifles in a rack like I see when I watch john wayne and dean martin, those will be loaded, unlocked, proudly displayed.

People are going crazy.

Too many people are above and beyond simple safety.

Look, I don't want to take away your right to have guns, simply because mine goes with it. But between me and you and anyone that can read this, you are the dumb ass that is going to fuck it up for everyone. Do us a favor and just keep those ideas to yourself.

Five loaded, displayed winchesters.........the fucking poster child for gun control.

I am sorry, I said five, I meant six fully loaded bullet in the chamber rifles.

A gun that is locked and not within reach is useless. What is bad for gun owners are those among us that will demonize the safe handling of guns simply because you believe they should never be taken out of a locked safe.

Under your reasoning I could not walk to the gun range, not if I treat my gun as loaded, you see I do not walk with a loaded gun, it will also be awfully hard to show my children to properly handle a gun if I always treat it loaded, because you do not give loaded guns to a child until he learns how to handle the gun.

No, its idiots who go insane or go extreme that make the rest of look bad. I doubt that you even own guns, I think you are simply seating a benchmark for gun safety that is absurd in order to make responsible gun owners look unsafe.

The safe handling of guns does not mean you obsess like you have.

What the woman did was right and safe, I would encourage others to do the same, if where you work is owned and managed by people who enjoy the beauty of the fine mechanical workmansship of a gun, and if your boss, your manager, and fellow co-workers are all of the same mind as us, than by all means, do not be afraid to excersise your rights.

Bring a gun to work, lets make this a national day, bring you gun to work day.

Now you are really going mad, nobody here has suggested the handling of guns is playing with guns except you. I think that is telling.

The handling of guns is not play, even a loaded gun does not go off accidently in the hands of an intelligent person.

You are ignorant. That last sentence is another gem and earns you yet another spot on next years poster for the gun control lobby.

It is fools like you that will cost me my guns.

I belong to the Sweet Hope Hunt Club, Chester, SC. I am an avid bird hunter, dove, quail and water fowl. I own several guns, including two handguns. Most of my friends are club members and they all own weapons. None of them display the level of ignorance I have seen here. We certainly check out each others weapons when a new shotgun or rifle or pistol is brought out to the club. But we do that at our GUN CLUB. I don't stop by one of the guys office and walk in to show off a gun inside a building surrounded by all kinds of people. Ther story that was told here was that the people in that office were not too pleased about someone showing a pistol around the office. That's idiocy.

And the fact of the matter is, as soon as some one begins to explain that it's ok because the gun was unloaded....well they obviously don't know a damned thing about guns. And you don't either. "Unloaded" is not a satisfactory excuse for poor gun handling. Anyone that thinks so is not a safe person to be around with firearms.

Enjoy your loaded weapons, hanging on the wall. By all means, exercise your right to treat your guns like a shiny new watch. You, or someone you know that thinks the same way, will end up shot. You can count on it.

[

You are ignorant. That last sentence is another gem and earns you yet another spot on next years poster for the gun control lobby.

I belong to the Sweet Hope Hunt Club, Chester, SC. I am an avid bird hunter, dove, quail and water fowl. I own several guns, including two handguns. Most of my friends are club members and they all own weapons.

I have yet to see a gun discharge itself without a manipulation of the trigger or the action in some way. I dont believe in gun ghost's.

Furthermore....I get the feeling you are of the belief...that guns are merely for hunting and self-protection.

All the other stuff?

The one fucking thing I have been saying this whole time is that a weapon is always treated as loaded.

And yes, magazine.

And yes, the worst that could happen is an accidental discharge. What is the next worse? Firing out of battery? Blow your hand off maybe? Or do we just stick with accidental discharge and blow someone else's head off?

The office, the hospital, the church, where ever, I'm all for open and concealed carry. I am not for handling the weapon in those places unless you are intending to use it. Let's at least get out of the building full of people before we start playing with the guns.

Shit....this is common sense. Again, it's no wonder people want to take your damned guns.

There is no damn way that gun could fire a round if the slide stays locked back. A round firing out of battery is quite rare...and usually involves several variables to occur.....one of which would be having the action at least somewhat closed.

I agree.....individuals shouldnt go around flaunting their firearms in PUBLIC or at the WORKPLACE. However.....my reasoning has nothing to do with the safety of it....but rather the political ramifications of the act. If someone wants to hide there guns...that is their choice. In most situations...it may be the wise choice. For me....it is better concealed.....for me....not them. I will have the element of suprise on my side.

People are not accustomed to seeing firearms PERIOD....which I believe to be one of the leading causes to accidental child death by firearms. The only information most kids get about guns is through the television...and that is a dangerous proposition. How does a child know the danger if no-one ever shows them the difference first hand?? The feel of a real gun...the sound...the smell. These are usefull tools for a child's safety.

I allow my son to hold my guns under my supervision when his curiosity rises. He has learned to ask me before he gets to see them and the more I have allowed this...the LESS he asks. My son has fired some of my guns under my supervision too...with my hands on the weapon. He knows to run away if his buddy pulls out his daddy's gun.....Why??? Cuzz I have Exposed him to the reality of guns.....the danger that is there....the power...and the respect. He is still learning...and it is an on-going lesson for him.

Our culture has demonized guns....hidden them...ridiculed them...turned gun enthusiasts into weirdo's ...and placed ridiculous restrictions on the ownership of them. Our culture has taught kids that guns are bad , rather than educate them as to the importance of the 2nd amendment ( Protection from an oppressive Government).

The purpose behind the 2nd Amendment far overshadows the bad gun safety and poor judgement of a few people.

All the other stuff?

And yes, magazine.

There is no damn way that gun could fire a round if the slide stays locked back. A round firing out of battery is quite rare...and usually involves several variables to occur.....one of which would be having the action at least somewhat closed.

I agree.....individuals shouldnt go around flaunting their firearms in PUBLIC or at the WORKPLACE. However.....my reasoning has nothing to do with the safety of it....but rather the political ramifications of the act. If someone wants to hide there guns...that is their choice. In most situations...it may be the wise choice. For me....it is better concealed.....for me....not them. I will have the element of suprise on my side.

People are not accustomed to seeing firearms PERIOD....which I believe to be one of the leading causes to accidental child death by firearms. The only information most kids get about guns is through the television...and that is a dangerous proposition. How does a child know the danger if no-one ever shows them the difference first hand?? The feel of a real gun...the sound...the smell. These are usefull tools for a child's safety.

I allow my son to hold my guns under my supervision when his curiosity rises. He has learned to ask me before he gets to see them and the more I have allowed this...the LESS he asks. My son has fired some of my guns under my supervision too...with my hands on the weapon. He knows to run away if his buddy pulls out his daddy's gun.....Why??? Cuzz I have Exposed him to the reality of guns.....the danger that is there....the power...and the respect. He is still learning...and it is an on-going lesson for him.

Our culture has demonized guns....hidden them...ridiculed them...turned gun enthusiasts into weirdo's ...and placed ridiculous restrictions on the ownership of them. Our culture has taught kids that guns are bad , rather than educate them as to the importance of the 2nd amendment ( Protection from an oppressive Government).

The purpose behind the 2nd Amendment far overshadows the bad gun safety and poor judgement of a few people.

And I am with you here. The argument and overstressing of safety is about appearances and safety. That is what I've been saying all along here. To read this thread is a gun control lobbys wet dream. I wish it weren't that way, but it is. If we don't police ourselves, they will. You can argue all day that it shouldn't be that way, but it is. If you want to keep the anti gun folks in check, you have to stress safety, to the highest degree and if you do that, accidents will go down. Then they have less to whine about.

Not only do I think showing gun at the office is poor judgement, gun control LOVES these stories. They'll put them in the weekly news letter.

I belong to the Sweet Hope Hunt Club, Chester, SC. I am an avid bird hunter, dove, quail and water fowl. I own several guns, including two handguns. Most of my friends are club members and they all own weapons. None of them display the level of ignorance I have seen here. We certainly check out each others weapons when a new shotgun or rifle or pistol is brought out to the club. But we do that at our GUN CLUB. I don't stop by one of the guys office and walk in to show off a gun inside a building surrounded by all kinds of people. Ther story that was told here was that the people in that office were not too pleased about someone showing a pistol around the office. That's idiocy.

And the fact of the matter is, as soon as some one begins to explain that it's ok because the gun was unloaded....well they obviously don't know a damned thing about guns. And you don't either. "Unloaded" is not a satisfactory excuse for poor gun handling. Anyone that thinks so is not a safe person to be around with firearms.

Enjoy your loaded weapons, hanging on the wall. By all means, exercise your right to treat your guns like a shiny new watch. You, or someone you know that thinks the same way, will end up shot. You can count on it.

Well, I think your gun club has big problems. You see guns accidently going off at the club all the time. You tell me I am full of shit saying that guns handled by intelligent people do not go off accidently yet you claim they do. Maybe you do not understand what an intelligent person is, I dont know but I assume you are not making things up, you must be relating your own experiences, you cannot be making assumptions.

The NRA gives gun safety lessons, I will have them contact your gun club about those accidental discharges, just how many?

Of course there are those out there who are better than the rest of us, they know to handle guns but only they, for the rest of us we need stict rules. Hollywood stars will scream no guns and than hire armed securtiy to protect themselves, Rose O'donnel be an example.

You spout out poor assumptions you should keep to yourself, you see a situation you know very little about and you scream, look, gun danger, gun danger, gun danger.

I doubt you own guns otherwise you would not argue that intelligent people handling guns accidently discharge the weapon.

I can gurantee I have fired as many rounds as you, I can say I have watched more rounds shot than you ever have and not once was there an accident. I have participated in ones days shooting with who knows how many rounds fired, 40,000 at the very least, not one accidental discharge, actually the figure may be higher, 80,000 with 800 people shooting.

With your false assumptions, someone should of died once every hour.

The more you talk, sorry, the less I believe you.

I'd love to hear your take on Dick Cheney shooting a buddy in the face.

Male, 44 years old

Hunter education-trained: Yes
Firearm: Rifle
Shooter: 34-year-old male
Hunter education-trained: Yes
Game hunted: Deer
Possible cause: Improper firearm handling. Improper Muzzle Control
Accident location: Summit County
Remarks: Two hunters were hunting deer in the oak brush. The shooter and victim were walking single file with their rifles slung over their shoulders when the shooter bent down to go through the some brush. His rifle was pointing back at the victim when it discharges hitting the victim in the stomach.

Male, 42 years old

Hunter education-trained: Unknown
Firearm: Shotgun
Shooter: 70-year-old male
Hunter education-trained: Unknown
Game hunted: Pheasant
Possible cause: Shooter swinging on game.
Accident location: Washington County
Remarks: Seven people were together hunting pheasant in a line. A pheasant flew-up and the shooter swung on the bird and fired. The victim was in the line of fire and hit in the head with several pellets.

Chad Bogard, a Kingsport resident who relocated two weeks ago for a job with an automotive company, accidentally shot himself at the shooting range. .....
Along with being a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association, Karen says her husband had served as range safety officer at Kingsport's Cherokee Rod and Gun Club. She says he also had taught classes on reloading ammunition for a local gun shop.

Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

Gun Guys » Gun-Trained Man Killed at Shooting Range

How many examples of safety trained, even expert shooters, getting shot by accident do you want? There are plenty of them.

Krotch, you're a dumb ass. Even highly trained shooters have accidents. Accidental discharges occur among the best of trained shooters. I have neve witnessed an accidental discharge in my current club but I have seen the better part of a foot blown off in an accidental discharge. Safety trained, experienced hunter. Shit happens. Your belief that it doesn't shows your utter and complete ignorance.

28ic3t0.jpg

Forum List

Back