Behind $530,000.00 In Child Support - "I'm the victim!"

Burp

Always carry, never tell
Jan 22, 2009
Typical. Blame it on others. It's never "my" fault. Always someone elses.

-----

FLINT, Michigan -- Fourteen children by 13 different women in Genesee County and more than $530,000 in unpaid child support.

Even in a county with $700 million in uncollected child support, Thomas Frazier may hold the unenviable title of biggest deadbeat dad.

After years of dodging support payments, Frazier was thrown in jail this week and given the choice of doing 90 days or coming up with about $28,000.

Frazier, 42, portrays himself as the victim.

The victim of a system that he says saddled him with debt for children he claims aren't all his and the victim of a poor upbringing that he said caused him to seek affection from older women.

"I tried to find someone who would love me for me," said Frazier, who believes he may have fathered his first child at age 15.

Frazier doesn't dispute that he owes a sizable amount, but said it was unrealistic for the county to expect him to pay so much support.

"At one point, I owed like $3,000 (a month)," he said. "Nobody makes that much."

Local officials, however, say Frazier has a story for everything.

In October, Friend of the Court officials said Frazier gave them a false Social Security number and tried to convince investigators he was someone else.

He remained under the radar until late last month when he got pulled over in Iowa for a broken taillight on his Mercedes Benz.

In his pocket, police found $5,000 in cash and plane tickets to Florida.

small_Thomas_FrazierML.jpg

Thomas Frazier, father of 14 children, jailed for owing more than half-million in child support - Flint News - The Latest News, Blogs, Photos & Videos – MLive.com

Just for the sake of argument...should a father be required to pay child support if he gives up his parental rights to the kids?

Additionally, because he owes so much child support for so many children, I would imagine that he amount per child would go down, as he likely can't make that much money and be able to support himself.

Shame on him. Yes, he should go to jail. But what about the women who had unprotected sex with this cur? These women should have married first if they wanted children. Shame on them as well. They are also accountable for the situation that they put themselves and their children in.

If only they passed the stimulus package years ago. He could have used the government issued chinese condoms, problem solved ...

-----

FLINT, Michigan -- Fourteen children by 13 different women in Genesee County and more than $530,000 in unpaid child support.

Even in a county with $700 million in uncollected child support, Thomas Frazier may hold the unenviable title of biggest deadbeat dad.

After years of dodging support payments, Frazier was thrown in jail this week and given the choice of doing 90 days or coming up with about $28,000.

The victim of a system that he says saddled him with debt for children he claims aren't all his and the victim of a poor upbringing that he said caused him to seek affection from older women.

"I tried to find someone who would love me for me," said Frazier, who believes he may have fathered his first child at age 15.

Frazier doesn't dispute that he owes a sizable amount, but said it was unrealistic for the county to expect him to pay so much support.

"At one point, I owed like $3,000 (a month)," he said. "Nobody makes that much."

In October, Friend of the Court officials said Frazier gave them a false Social Security number and tried to convince investigators he was someone else.

He remained under the radar until late last month when he got pulled over in Iowa for a broken taillight on his Mercedes Benz.:clap2:

Thomas Frazier, father of 14 children, jailed for owing more than half-million in child support - Flint News - The Latest News, Blogs, Photos & Videos – MLive.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z031l0E_5n4]YouTube - Mercedes Benz - Janis Joplin[/ame]

I wonder if Sealybobo is on this list of deadbeats. I wouldn't be surprised. He lives in Michigan. The landfill state. Or The DeadBeat State.

Last edited:

-----

He remained under the radar until late last month when he got pulled over in Iowa for a broken taillight on his Mercedes Benz.

"The victim of a system that he says saddled him with debt for children he claims aren't all his..."

That could actually be potentially true. Some states make the defendant pay for paternity testing, and if the defendant says "I can't afford it" then it's up to the court to determine what's what...and in some states the court can hang paternity on the guy in question without ever actually establishing if he is in fact the biological father or not.

"In October, Friend of the Court officials said Frazier gave them a false Social Security number and tried to convince investigators he was someone else."

Well shit...can you really blame him? I'll bet he wishes he WAS somebody else right about now!

He should become the head of the NAACP. Kweisi Mfume didn't have nearly as many illegitimate children as this guy. Just think how much better he'll be!

Our society has no effective way of dealing with this sort of situation.

Imprisonment would be the worst of all possible solutions. We already incarcerate too many nonviolent people. None of these women seem to have cried rape. They were willing partners and bare as much responsibility for what happened as he does.

Our society has become so effective at tracking down deadbeat dads who actually work a regular job with a valid social security # that few of them do. They also can't keep money in a bank acct. without it being subject to confiscation so that when they are found, they tend to have all their cash on them. Five thousand dollars would be barely enough to set up house keeping. This mans' court mandated debt burden doesn't really offer him any hope anywhere except the underground economy.

Everyone (him, the women, and society) would be better off if he could work at a regular job and pay something rather than driving him underground with a debt burden he can't bare.

Or we could just bring back bonded servitude.

Forum List

Back