What does the American Dream mean to You? Have you achieved yours?

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
the american dream is waking every day doing what you love so much you never worked a day in your life while making a superior income, for loving what you do so much..............and in doing this, helping so many individuals and families with their personal finances in the process

OR...being such a valuable employee that a company would be severely injured if you were to leave....basically you do what you want laughing at all the other indentured slaves sucking their big toes beneath you miserable about everything

the american dream has no alarm clocks except for night stand decorations. no alarm clock running your life for 50 yrs as an indentured slaves to life and a miserable existence you are totally responsible for......no wonder 90% of the population are angry mother fuckers

the american dream is waking every morning when you want, retiring at night when you want, and doing what you want in between

so what is your definition of the dream?

The American dream is built upon the notion of the pursuit of happiness.

However, today climate change and Leftist PC supersedes such antiquated notions.

Everything and everyone must bow to them.

I guess I'm living it.

I did well for me and mine in my earning years.....My kids never saw the inside of a public school.

I live in a AO that's still (mostly) sane.

No bills outside of the normal utilities/property taxes.

I own recreational land to shoot/hunt/fish on.

I have the gold standard of health insurance (same as is available to the congress-critters).

I'm enjoying retirement with enough disposable income that I can do pretty much what I like within reason.

the american dream is waking every day doing what you love so much you never worked a day in your life while making a superior income, for loving what you do so much..............and in doing this, helping so many individuals and families with their personal finances in the process

OR...being such a valuable employee that a company would be severely injured if you were to leave....basically you do what you want laughing at all the other indentured slaves sucking their big toes beneath you miserable about everything

the american dream has no alarm clocks except for night stand decorations. no alarm clock running your life for 50 yrs as an indentured slaves to life and a miserable existence you are totally responsible for......no wonder 90% of the population are angry mother fuckers

the american dream is waking every morning when you want, retiring at night when you want, and doing what you want in between

so what is your definition of the dream?

My brother and I were born into poverty. Immigrant Greek Parents. My brother is now a VP of HR for a fortune 500. Multi millionaire. That's the dream. In one generation you can go from being born poor to rich at the age of 40 or 50. Only in America.

I'm even living the American dream. I don't make as much but my home and college is paid off. I'm saving a lot. I have a lot saved. But my dream was to retire at 62. Turns out you can't get medicare until you are 65. So my dream now is to be able to retire at 62 or 65. If I can afford private healthcare as a 63 year old I'll retire early. Chances are I will work till 65.

But to me, the American dream is to have a lot of shit AND be able to retire at a decent age. To enjoy your senior years not having to work. Not be retired and on a budget. Not able to travel or afford a new car when you need one.

It's hard because you never know how long you are going to live. That's why I am jealous of the boomers who have pensions. Imagine having a pension coming in every month for the rest of your life along with your savings and social security. Must be nice boomers. It was a lot easier for you guys to achieve the American dream than it is for Americans today.

I am thankful for what I do have. My high school classmates pointed out that I did all I said I wanted to do with my life it just wasn't lucrative. I feel I could have done more. The only thing I didn't do was be a husband and father. I am a lifelong bachelor which has its good points. I am 64 years old and have no debts, own my own home, and have a decent income with my retirement pay and Social Security. So I guess I am living the American Dream for now.

• Banned
The American dream is built upon the notion of the pursuit of happiness.

However, today climate change and Leftist PC supersedes such antiquated notions.

Everything and everyone must bow to them.
i fart and laugh in their faces because of their misery

• Banned
I am thankful for what I do have. My high school classmates pointed out that I did all I said I wanted to do with my life it just wasn't lucrative. I feel I could have done more. The only thing I didn't do was be a husband and father. I am a lifelong bachelor which has its good points. I am 64 years old and have no debts, own my own home, and have a decent income with my retirement pay and Social Security. So I guess I am living the American Dream for now.
going what you love and not making a fortune is not important, doing what you love and living way within your means is the american dream

I'm as happy as can be expected given the state of the US.
Haven't had a house payment for around 20 years all our vehicles are paid off,retired at 46 12 years ago.
My biggest concern is whats happening to the American dollar and it going digital and what is the gov going to do to with our retirement funds?
It really sucks when your biggest concerns are directly related to politicians.

Forum List

Back