What does "Supporting the Troops" mean?

What crow? I haven't been exposed as a dictator-loving idiot. That would be you.
The crow I fed you when I posted George Bush lying on 4 separate occasions that you claimed never happened. I even used your own link to prove half of it. So you got a "crow combo" plate!

mmmm, yummy!

I see the same morons have yet to figure out the difference between political decisions with which they disagree and the body of persons who do their job, honor their oath, and do their job quite well.

I see the same morons have yet to figure out the difference between political decisions with which they disagree and the body of persons who do their job, honor their oath, and do their job quite well.
This goes way beyond disagreeing with a political decision, this issue is at the core of our American heritage.

What crow? I haven't been exposed as a dictator-loving idiot. That would be you.
The crow I fed you when I posted George Bush lying on 4 separate occasions that you claimed never happened. I even used your own link to prove half of it. So you got a "crow combo" plate!

mmmm, yummy!
Y'know, if you have to jump up and down yelling "I won!! I won!!" -- you didn't.

Let's see you use that argument against Thomas Jefferson.
WTF are you talking about?

I suppose you never heard of the First Barbary Wars (which was so popular it was followed up by the Second Barbary Wars), where the President sent forces (primarily US Marines and Navy) to seize Tripoli, and then put in place a government more friendly to our own.

Which did not last, so it had to be repeated 10 years later. The funny thing is, you are saying that he was wrong to have done that as well.

That is the funny thing about history, it often works very well for those that know it.

Let's see you use that argument against Thomas Jefferson.
WTF are you talking about?

I suppose you never heard of the First Barbary Wars (which was so popular it was followed up by the Second Barbary Wars), where the President sent forces (primarily US Marines and Navy) to seize Tripoli, and then put in place a government more friendly to our own.

Which did not last, so it had to be repeated 10 years later. The funny thing is, you are saying that he was wrong to have done that as well.

That is the funny thing about history, it often works very well for those that know it.

votedemcopygi4.jpg

The thing is, in such things I really am rather neutral in such things. I do not concern myself as much with things I can't influence (like why we go to war), but instead concern myself with what actually happened.

And in doing so, I also look back to things that were similar that happened in the past.

Now Thomas Jefferson is an interesting President, and also the "Spiritual Father" of the Democratic Party. However, I seperate the man into 2 phases of his career, pre-Presidential and post-Presidential.

Prior to becoming President, he screamed about individual rights, limiting the power of Government, following the Constitution strictly and resolutely, not getting involved with any overseas Governments or conflicts.

Then he became President, and basically got smacked upside the face with reality. Got us loosely involved with things in France and England, got us involved in our first real war (the aforementioned Barbary Wars), far exceeded his powers by purchasing a huge chunk of French Territory, and a lot of other things. He even admitted that what he did exceeded his powers and violated the Constitution, but needed to be done for the benefit of the nation.

So here we have a great example. A President that most Democrats revere, who did the exact same thing that President Bush did. But for some reason, they never want to talk about that.

And I really am neutral here, that is the funny thing. I have castigated Conservatives and Republicans for also using false logic and forgetting history. However, I expect to be called wrong and a puppet, that's ok. History does not lie.

Last edited:

The thing is, in such things I really am rather neutral in such things. I do not concern myself as much with things I can't influence (like why we go to war), but instead concern myself with what actually happened.

And in doing so, I also look back to things that were similar that happened in the past.

Now Thomas Jefferson is an interesting President, and also the "Spiritual Father" of the Democratic Party. However, I seperate the man into 2 phases of his career, pre-Presidential and post-Presidential.

Prior to becoming President, he screamed about individual rights, limiting the power of Government, following the Constitution strictly and resolutely, not getting involved with any overseas Governments or conflicts.

Then he became President, and basically got smacked upside the face with reality. Got us loosely involved with things in France and England, got us involved in our first real war (the aforementioned Barbary Wars), far exceeded his powers by purchasing a huge chunk of French Territory, and a lot of other things. He even admitted that what he did exceeded his powers and violated the Constitution, but needed to be done for the benefit of the nation.

So here we have a great example. A President that most Democrats revere, who did the exact same thing that President Bush did. But for some reason, they never want to talk about that.

And I really am neutral here, that is the funny thing. I have castigated Conservatives and Republicans for also using false logic and forgetting history. However, I expect to be called wrong and a puppet, that's ok. History does not lie.
Indeed, it does not. But people lie about history all the time. Further, value judgements change depending on who the actor is.

From recent history:

selective-outrage-liberals-obama-miss-california-hypocrisy-demotivational-poster-1241069798.jpg

Forum List

Back