What Does Santa Claus Have To Do With Christianity?

Oh look, more lies.

Yes, I always jump on people about spelling and grammar.

I think you must just be hyper sensitive, honey. I'm sure you get a lot of heckling about it. It hurts when it's true.
as a matter of fact you do....jump in and spew nonsense as evidenced by your preceding posts..

As detailed here, Santa originated from the Dutch Saint Nicholas. That is the simple and factual answer. Just like anything else that becomes legend, the facts get lost and pop culture takes over. Most people that care to think and reason can understand that the U.S. commercialized Santa Claus and made him into a fictional, gift giving, omnipresent jolly old elf. Christians don't conflate Santa and the birth of Christ - non Christians can't seem understand that.
So why are self-proclaimed Christians like Bill O'Reilly conflating Santa Claus with Christianity?

I'm not sure I ever heard Megyn Kelly say or suggest she's a Christian, but I'm going to go a limb and assume she's in with Bill O'Reilly. At least for the sake of this argument.

Why are these folks, conflating Santa with Christianity?

Either they aren't Christians, like you suggested, or they are severely wrong.

I wonder which one.

As detailed here, Santa originated from the Dutch Saint Nicholas. That is the simple and factual answer. Just like anything else that becomes legend, the facts get lost and pop culture takes over. Most people that care to think and reason can understand that the U.S. commercialized Santa Claus and made him into a fictional, gift giving, omnipresent jolly old elf. Christians don't conflate Santa and the birth of Christ - non Christians can't seem understand that.
So why are self-proclaimed Christians like Bill O'Reilly conflating Santa Claus with Christianity?

I'm not sure I ever heard Megyn Kelly say or suggest she's a Christian, but I'm going to go a limb and assume she's in with Bill O'Reilly. At least for the sake of this argument.

I wonder which one.

They put Santa and Christians together because Santa celebrates Christmas yeah f****** idiot

tapatalk post

I wonder which one.

They put Santa and Christians together because Santa celebrates Christmas yeah f****** idiot

tapatalk post

You are a Christian, and you are talking to people like this on Christmas Day, of all days? Really? Have you no decency at all? Wow.

I wonder which one.

tapatalk post

You are a Christian, and you are talking to people like this on Christmas Day, of all days? Really? Have you no decency at all? Wow.
Thank you. I thought it was just me.

Funny how no other self-proclaiming Christian on USMB ever called him out on that.

Things that make me go Hmmmmm....!

I wonder which one.

tapatalk post
Santa, the big fat jolly white guy that flies around on reindeers across the entire world in one night delivering presents to children by coming down their chimneys celebrates Christmas?

Really?!??

You gotta link for that?

I wonder which one.

tapatalk post
Santa, the big fat jolly white guy that flies around on reindeers across the entire world in one night delivering presents to children by coming down their chimneys celebrates Christmas?

Really?!??

You gotta link for that?

Yes. If you can't follow the mythology why the f*** are you trying to discuss it?

tapatalk post

tapatalk post

Really?!??

You gotta link for that?

Yes. If you can't follow the mythology why the f*** are you trying to discuss it?

tapatalk post

Since when do Christians worship mythology?

Really?!??

You gotta link for that?

tapatalk post

Since when do Christians worship mythology?
So far...2 hours of crickets.

tapatalk post

Really?!??

You gotta link for that?

tapatalk post
mythology is correct...not reality!

Duhs! Did you have an enjoyable Winter Solstice?

Awesome! The important thing is to stay away from non-reality!

dec-sols-customs.jpg

"
The Feast of Juul was a pre-Christian festival observed in Scandinavia at the time of the December solstice. Fires were lit to symbolize the heat, light and life-giving properties of the returning sun. A Yule or Juul log was brought in and burned on the hearth in honor of the Scandinavian god Thor."

December Solstice Traditions and Customs

Duhs! Did you have an enjoyable Winter Solstice?

Awesome! The important thing is to stay away from non-reality!

dec-sols-customs.jpg

"
The Feast of Juul was a pre-Christian festival observed in Scandinavia at the time of the December solstice. Fires were lit to symbolize the heat, light and life-giving properties of the returning sun. A Yule or Juul log was brought in and burned on the hearth in honor of the Scandinavian god Thor."

December Solstice Traditions and Customs
as a matter of fact I did, on the 21st and had a fine Christmas yesterday...
yes you are a master at believing non reality....the bible is in the top 2 of fantasy tomes.

You won't get much response to meaningless drivel, it's true.

But hey, you've got duhs here to entertain us. Thank goodness.

Really?!??

You gotta link for that?

tapatalk post
mythology is correct...not reality!

Yes dip shit Santa is a mythological character.

tapatalk post

Forum List

Back