What do you think of interracial relationships?

My oldest daughter is in a long term relationship with a black man. He's a immigrant from the UK and is now a US Citizen. He's a great guy, responsible, hard working, and loves my daughter. I'm absolutely fine with that relationship.

I had the reverse happen with a female friend, but it was a different reason. Some still think poorly of me for this.

But it wasn't because he was black. Or that he was Jamaican. He has a great story of working hard to escape the ghettos in the left-wing screwed up Jamaican gangs and drugs.

My issue was that he deep into a different culture. He wanted to travel the world, and be an international basketball star, and he was steeped into Reggae, and all these different things. The girl wanted to have a big family, and be close to home, and go to a traditional church, and raise her children like Americans.

Well... that's a problem. One of these two people is going to be miserable in that deal.

It always bugs me when two idiots marry each other, and then are bitter when they find out John Lennon lied. "All you need is love" is a lie. You'll find that out if you marry someone that absolutely wants to march east, and you have your heart set to march west. One of you is going to be mad. There's a reason we have divorce all the time.

Thankfully she didn't let her emotions sweep her away, broke off that relationship, and found a wonderful man. Honestly a better man than most women could hope for.

Point being, like I said before, the culture is the issue. That's what breaks apart relationships. Not where your parents came from, or if your eyes have a slant. Those are non-issues.

Being a mutt, I totally approve.

Being Christian, Adam and Eve man. There is no Mutt. We all be brothers and sisters somewhere back there.

I use the term in a nice way. I am proud to have a diverse family tree.

I am proud to have a moral and quality family. I don't care about it being diverse. You can have a diverse family, that are all in prison. Nothing inherently good about 'diverse'.

I think asking your family this question would make more sense.

Reason being that their opinion on this might be more important than ours.

Their feelings on this may not be important to you and then again they may be. Depending on their opinion, how strong that opinion is and whether or not it actually matters to you it might be something that has some importance to you.

A bunch of anonymous people on the internet? who cares what we think.

If you like it, go after it....

Being Christian, Adam and Eve man. There is no Mutt. We all be brothers and sisters somewhere back there.

I am proud to have a moral and quality family. I don't care about it being diverse. You can have a diverse family, that are all in prison. Nothing inherently good about 'diverse'.

I am just proud of my family. Period. You are right that the diversity, or lack of it, is in no way an admirable quality. When I bring it up, it's not the diversity itself, but how it came to be.

While some groups haven't gotten along in the past, my family was literally making love, not war. I like it when people ignore the rules of society and do their own thing simply because they are human beings with the right to be happy. In the past, there was little acceptance of interracial marriages, so it was a brave thing to marry the one you love when society looked down on it. I guess my pride comes from ancestors that were willing to buck the system and choose love. These days, it's not such a big deal, but for my great grandfather to marry the woman he loved and proudly walk through town holding her hand, it took the same kind of defiance that allowed Rosa Parks to sit in the front of the bus. You gotta love it when people know they have every right to stand up for themselves and refuse to let people deny them. Those brave people of the past are to thank for the progress. And they didn't do it in a violent way or try to ruffle feathers. They dared people to re-examine their own views and maybe confront issues that caused them to be so judgmental. I am saddened to see the violence today instead of the dignified people who made a difference in the past.

Last edited:

I am just proud of my family. Period. You are right that the diversity, or lack of it, is in no way an admirable quality. When I bring it up, it's not the diversity itself, but how it came to be.

While some groups haven't gotten along in the past, my family was literally making love, not war. I like it when people ignore the rules of society and do their own thing simply because they are human beings with the right to be happy. In the past, there was little acceptance of interracial marriages, so it was a brave thing to marry the one you love when society looked down on it. I guess my pride comes from ancestors that were willing to buck the system and choose love. These days, it's not such a big deal, but for my great grandfather to marry the woman he loved and proudly walk through town holding her hand, it took the same kind of defiance that allowed Rosa Parks to sit in the front of the bus. You gotta love it when people know they have every right to stand up for themselves and refuse to let people deny them. And they didn't do it in a violent way or try to ruffle feathers. They dared people to re-examine their own shortcomings and issues that caused them to be so judgmental.

Well great for you. Doesn't mean much for me. Prisons are full of people who "ignore the rules of society" and "defiance" and "willing to buck the system".

Now if he simply married who he wanted, fine. But if he did it to "buck the system" and "be defiant", that's a negative not a positive.

The absolute worst thing you can pass on to the next generation, is a rebel mentality. That's exactly what we're seeing in black communities today in America.

While some groups haven't gotten along in the past, my family was literally making love, not war. I like it when people ignore the rules of society and do their own thing simply because they are human beings with the right to be happy. In the past, there was little acceptance of interracial marriages, so it was a brave thing to marry the one you love when society looked down on it. I guess my pride comes from ancestors that were willing to buck the system and choose love. These days, it's not such a big deal, but for my great grandfather to marry the woman he loved and proudly walk through town holding her hand, it took the same kind of defiance that allowed Rosa Parks to sit in the front of the bus. You gotta love it when people know they have every right to stand up for themselves and refuse to let people deny them. And they didn't do it in a violent way or try to ruffle feathers. They dared people to re-examine their own shortcomings and issues that caused them to be so judgmental.

Well great for you. Doesn't mean much for me. Prisons are full of people who "ignore the rules of society" and "defiance" and "willing to buck the system".

Now if he simply married who he wanted, fine. But if he did it to "buck the system" and "be defiant", that's a negative not a positive.

The absolute worst thing you can pass on to the next generation, is a rebel mentality. That's exactly what we're seeing in black communities today in America.

You seemed to read something that wasn't in my post. He followed his heart despite what was socially acceptable at the time. That is a good thing. It's people who decide to live their lives, as they have a right to, that ultimately change things. Not about being a rebel, but about not allowing the misguided opinions of others to take away your happiness. While it didn't stop racism, he didn't allow racism to stop him.

The people today in the streets promoting violence are not true rebels, just anarchists. The legacy they are passing down isn't that they should stand up for their rights, but that they should demand things through violence. You can peacefully stand up for yourself. The violence seems intended to frighten and bully people into going along with demands. Totally different. They act as if they cannot function unless others bow to them. Their demands are all over the board, from wanting to abolish police to taking control of some southern states where they will rule. No way does that resemble anything that Martin Luther King or Rosa Parks were fighting for.

Forum List

Back