What Do You Think About This Christian End Times Video?

What do you believe happens after you die?

• It depends whether you went through the narrow gate or wide gate in life

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Nothing, you are just physically dead

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Your spirit or soul leaves the body

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • You hope people remember you beforehand

• He forgot Purgatory and Limbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reincarnation

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Your karma or what you did in life will play a part

• I don't know

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Don't kid me. There is no free will

• Other (Please explain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rod saw a guy he knew in a night vision after the guy had passed. I never cared much for the guy as he was somewhat of an ass. When Rod described what he saw he said Dick had a fresh white robe on and was very excited about going back to school. He said Dick told him the hardest part (about dying and going back to the creator) was going through the book of his own life.

Jesus describe the new robe also as a new wine skin and lilies of the field. Lilies are perennials. To me that is a new flesh container. Soul and spirit of the son created in the image of the first born preserved.

Since it was a vision or dream, it had to be of the future and not something that had happened yet.

The new flesh is supposed to be the same flesh as Jesus after his resurrection. He was of new flesh, new bone, and most importantly no blood. He kept his injuries for his disciples and friends to see.

No idea, I've never done it.

When I was a wee tyke some children's book had a story, that said "Indians" believed that when you die the question put to you is, "how many people were made happier because you were born?" Obviously made up for a children's book but I took it to heart, it just made sense. Another way of describing karma. But once we shuffle off this mortal coil, who knows. I figure the spirit leaves the physical body and returns to the Universal Subconscious, whence it came, where it kind of hangs out, sometimes returning to its old haunts (hee hee), or sometimes going --- somewhere else. Maybe into another physical body, maybe not.

Okay. The way the Bible describes what happens after we die are based on the free choices we make in this life and that's how it is related to our death, what happens afterward, and the end of the world, as eventually, our Lord Jesus Christ will return once again. The free choices of the metaphors of narrow gate, i.e. Jesus, or the wide gate, "manmade rules and regulations, through false religion, or through self-effort," but it leads to destruction.

Anyway, the man in the video focuses on the after the gate part which are metaphors, too, and not clearly stated, but the consequences do not seem pleasant -- What Does the Bible Say About The Wide Gate And Narrow Gate?. I think focusing on the rewards or avoiding punishment isn't the objective or intention, but the narrow gate. That's the big mistake. Also, Lazarus may be suffering, but it doesn't mean others will, too, once they die. They still have to be judged or their lives and choices explained.

I was conceived as a human being by human beings but I became a person. They are not the same, IMHO.

Okay, I hear ya. I won't criticize your opinion that fetus and person are not the same.

In the Bible, what you received was a soul or your personality along with your life spirit. The soul or personality is for the physical world and immaterial world while your spirit is for the immaterial world. After death, your soul is separated from your life spirit.

Maybe this is the best explanation for the wide gate where one's life spirit isn't connected to God. Your soul continues to experience pleasurable sins and that's all that matters. I suppose it can experience religious, spiritual, or metaphysical experiences, too, and still the life spirit is not connected with God. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Rod saw a guy he knew in a night vision after the guy had passed. I never cared much for the guy as he was somewhat of an ass. When Rod described what he saw he said Dick had a fresh white robe on and was very excited about going back to school. He said Dick told him the hardest part (about dying and going back to the creator) was going through the book of his own life.

Jesus describe the new robe also as a new wine skin and lilies of the field. Lilies are perennials. To me that is a new flesh container. Soul and spirit of the son created in the image of the first born preserved.

Since it was a vision or dream, it had to be of the future and not something that had happened yet.

The new flesh is supposed to be the same flesh as Jesus after his resurrection. He was of new flesh, new bone, and most importantly no blood. He kept his injuries for his disciples and friends to see.
Visions can be things happening at that moment too in the spirit. I saw a friend in the spirit dancing around a shiny silver pole one afternoon. I shared what I saw with Rod when he got home that evening. The next morning her husband called us to let us know she passed the day before. 'He said it was odd because they thought that she was better when she was up dancing around and all giddy. They thought she was going home that evening but she laid down and then she was gone.' She was going home just not to her home of this world.

Rod's friend on the other hand was in what you could call the re-education or extended education portions in the spirit. That is accomplished here in this world by and through the spirit living in this world.

One must first die to their own ways here before becoming overcomers. Paul said he died daily. That means he got up every morning and told himself he would be walking by the spirit not by his own inclinations.

the prescription for the surefire way to the Everlasting is through judgement accomplished by the triumph of good vs evil - the correct path for admission.

I was conceived as a human being by human beings but I became a person. They are not the same, IMHO.

Okay, I hear ya. I won't criticize your opinion that fetus and person are not the same.

In the Bible, what you received was a soul or your personality along with your life spirit. The soul or personality is for the physical world and immaterial world while your spirit is for the immaterial world. After death, your soul is separated from your life spirit.

Maybe this is the best explanation for the wide gate where one's life spirit isn't connected to God. Your soul continues to experience pleasurable sins and that's all that matters. I suppose it can experience religious, spiritual, or metaphysical experiences, too, and still the life spirit is not connected with God. Does that make sense?

Makes no sense to me. Seems like a semantic exercise only. Are both immortal? Do they both get judged and sent to heaven or hell? I can't tell.

Visions can be things happening at that moment too in the spirit. I saw a friend in the spirit dancing around a shiny silver pole one afternoon. I shared what I saw with Rod when he got home that evening. The next morning her husband called us to let us know she passed the day before. 'He said it was odd because they thought that she was better when she was up dancing around and all giddy. They thought she was going home that evening but she laid down and then she was gone.' She was going home just not to her home of this world.

Rod's friend on the other hand was in what you could call the re-education or extended education portions in the spirit. That is accomplished here in this world by and through the spirit living in this world.

One must first die to their own ways here before becoming overcomers. Paul said he died daily. That means he got up every morning and told himself he would be walking by the spirit not by his own inclinations.

OIP.8j41FosoSCYutxJcctdjGwAAAA

I've had a few good visions of winning something and they have come true. I think the others were mostly bad in a sense in they predicted how someone was going to die. This vision had an ambulance coming for them; it meant that they weren't going to live to old age (albeit one could live to an old age and then have an ambulance come for them, but this wasn't it). Another was tied to someone reaping what they sow. This seems to be a big theme in the afterlife. Another could be the Groundhog Day movie storyline where someone relives a moment in their lives except this time they won't have a chance to correct it.

Makes no sense to me. Seems like a semantic exercise only. Are both immortal? Do they both get judged and sent to heaven or hell? I can't tell.

The Bible states the spirit is immortal. I think the immaterial part of the soul remains, too, which would include your memories. The material part of the soul dies.

When I said the material soul can experience religious, spiritual, and metaphysical experiences, I meant you can have such an experience watching the sunset with a person you really care for. Or you realize something as true watching the view from and high peak. Or you are meditating and the experience overwhelms you.

Yet, the life spirit may not be connected to God because one has to choose the narrow gate and door of Jesus Christ or not.

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6

Thus, most choose the wide gate or the easy path through life. The important part is this is your choice of free will. It may not necessarily be easy as we all experience difficulties in our life. Things do not necessarily go to plan or we do not get what we want.

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6.
The beauty of the Bible is that it says everything. Any point you want to make is supported somewhere in there.

No, you are wrong. Evolutionists are usually wrong. It doesn't say everything. It doesn't mention the stuff evolutionists think happened -- Is This Evidence For Satan?.

This is why I have this thread discussing what happens after death. Christians have the metaphorical narrow gate and door Jesus that people should choose in order to choose spiritual life in the next life. The others take the wide gate, again a metaphor for the easy way, and end up in the metaphorical wrong side of Hades.

I don't know where you think you end up, such as the ground or as ashes to be scattered someplace that one loved in life and that's all folks. What do you think happens? If you answer this question, then we can discuss further.

ETA: Don't get me wrong. I am not discussing what the man in the video mostly discusses. The only point of interest he mentioned was that Hades is not the same as hell (sheol vs. gehenna).

Last edited:
"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6.
The beauty of the Bible is that it says everything. Any point you want to make is supported somewhere in there.

No, you are wrong. Evolutionists are usually wrong. It doesn't say everything. It doesn't mention the stuff evolutionists think happened -- Is This Evidence For Satan?.

You make the continued error of hoping to counter science with the scare tactics of intolerant religious fears and superstitions. Those who peddle fear and superstition over knowledge and learning are always wrong.

You make the continued error of hoping to counter science with the scare tactics of intolerant religious fears and superstitions. Those who peddle fear and superstition over knowledge and learning are always wrong.

What is the continued error?

I addressed the scare tactics and instead pointed out what we should focus on while alive. I also pointed out that we have free choice over this.

How can it be fear and superstition over knowledge when the Bible provides us knowledge. I even posted the evolution website of -- Understanding Evolution when we discuss evolution in the Science and Technology forum, but it does not discuss what happens after we die. So, what science do you have for after you die?

Please answer my questions as you just get emotional and ignore them. I know you do not understand or else you would answer my questions. Thus, we never get anywhere.

Next, I am posting in the Religion and Ethics forum to discuss religion. At first, I could not figure out what, if anything, was wrong with the video. It included parts that I've learned about; I just never saw it all put together in one figure until now. However, I noticed there were some minor errors such as assuming what happened to Lazarus happens to us all those on that side. Also, there is no Torments or Paradise in Hades. They're just separate chambers in Hades. I don't think they are named in the Bible. The man in the video was right about one cannot get from one side to the other. Moreover, isn't this what people were told in the past? If you do not believe in Jesus, then you end up in the fires of hell forever?

Last edited:

I addressed the scare tactics and instead pointed out what we should focus on while alive. I also pointed out that we have free choice over this.

How can it be fear and superstition over knowledge when the Bible provides us knowledge. I even posted the evolution website of -- Understanding Evolution when we discuss evolution in the Science and Technology forum, but it does not discuss what happens after we die. So, what science do you have for after you die?

Please answer my questions as you just get emotional and ignore them. I know you do not understand or else you would answer my questions. Thus, we never get anywhere.

Next, I am posting in the Religion and Ethics forum to discuss religion. At first, I could not figure out what, if anything, was wrong with the video. It included parts that I've learned about; I just never saw it all put together in one figure until now. However, I noticed there were some minor errors such as assuming what happened to Lazarus happens to us all those on that side. Also, there is no Torments or Paradise in Hades. They're just separate chambers in Hades. I don't think they are named in the Bible. The man in the video was right about one cannot get from one side to the other. Moreover, isn't this what people were told in the past? If you do not believe in Jesus, then you end up in the fires of hell forever?

If you’re going to address scare tactics, you need to address your religious dogma.

Let's be honest. Religions don’t coerce their adherents via promises of free thinking and individualistic expression, they use fear. I have no reason to believe I’m going to hell for not obeying a religious doctrine. The concept only derives from various religious texts and tales and fables. These tales are derived to invoke fear. Fear is a powerful motivational tool. What better way for an elite ruling class to coerce conformance from the toiling masses than to threaten them with such things as burning flesh, eternal damnation and eternal pain.

That's why many religions use this form of mind control to gain and keep their members. Christianity uses heaven and hell, the concept of sin, a corrupted nature no one can escape, the requirement of a savior as a means to coerce behavior supportive of the religion. The religion cloaks itself under dynamics which affects behavior (teaching the doctrine of the religion is inerrant even in the face of overwhelming proof contrary to the religious doctrine), and psychological (gods with a vested interest in the behaviors of men, who can see their sins, who are able to mete out justice -- all of these are severe and inescapable mental leveragings that dictate human behavior-- i.e., psychologies.

Have you ever had Atheists knock on your door and hand out pamphlets and literature describing their… well…. Lack of any religious doctrine to invite you to?

This is why I have this thread discussing what happens after death. Christians have the metaphorical narrow gate and door Jesus that people should choose in order to choose spiritual life in the next life. The others take the wide gate, again a metaphor for the easy way, and end up in the metaphorical wrong side of Hades.

I don't know where you think you end up, such as the ground or as ashes to be scattered someplace that one loved in life and that's all folks. What do you think happens? If you answer this question, then we can discuss further.

ETA: Don't get me wrong. I am not discussing what the man in the video mostly discusses. The only point of interest he mentioned was that Hades is not the same as hell (sheol vs. gehenna).
I never quite understood the role of Satan. What's his goal regarding man?

I guess I should have been more clear. Theologically, everything is in the Bible. God judges tribes vs God judges individuals. Christians have to follow Jewish law, Christians shouldn't follow Jewish law. And so on.

My spirit/soul/person whatever is housed in my brain. When that stops working, I'm history. No second act, gone for good.

If you’re going to address scare tactics, you need to address your religious dogma.

Let's be honest. Religions don’t coerce their adherents via promises of free thinking and individualistic expression, they use fear. I have no reason to believe I’m going to hell for not obeying a religious doctrine. The concept only derives from various religious texts and tales and fables. These tales are derived to invoke fear. Fear is a powerful motivational tool. What better way for an elite ruling class to coerce conformance from the toiling masses than to threaten them with such things as burning flesh, eternal damnation and eternal pain.

That's why many religions use this form of mind control to gain and keep their members. Christianity uses heaven and hell, the concept of sin, a corrupted nature no one can escape, the requirement of a savior as a means to coerce behavior supportive of the religion. The religion cloaks itself under dynamics which affects behavior (teaching the doctrine of the religion is inerrant even in the face of overwhelming proof contrary to the religious doctrine), and psychological (gods with a vested interest in the behaviors of men, who can see their sins, who are able to mete out justice -- all of these are severe and inescapable mental leveragings that dictate human behavior-- i.e., psychologies.

Have you ever had Atheists knock on your door and hand out pamphlets and literature describing their… well…. Lack of any religious doctrine to invite you to?

Please answer my question.

So, what science do you have for after you die?

If you deny the narrow vs. wide gate metaphors, then what do you believe happens after we die? What do you base it on?

I never quite understood the role of Satan. What's his goal regarding man?

I guess I should have been more clear. Theologically, everything is in the Bible. God judges tribes vs God judges individuals. Christians have to follow Jewish law, Christians shouldn't follow Jewish law. And so on.

My spirit/soul/person whatever is housed in my brain. When that stops working, I'm history. No second act, gone for good.

Last paragraph first. So you think that your spirit/soul/person is housed in your brain. What do you base this on? Do you have a link? What if your head gets cut off and a doctor is able to stop the bleeding and is able to save your head? Can he just keep your head alive? Can you still live this way?

I still don't understand why you think everything is in the Bible. Not everything is in the Bible even theologically. If you believed in Judaism, then we would have different views. If you believed in Islam, we would have even more different views. Thus, why do you think everything is in the Bible? Do you have a link explaining this or is this just your opinion? You are entitled to your opinion, but that's not what the Bible states. The Bible states that it is complete, accurate, and infallible; Is that what you mean? What complete means is the Bible will answer all the questions and problems one will encounter in their life.

As for following the Jewish law, it was Jesus who did not break the Jewish law. Christians do not have to follow the Jewish law. Do you want a link for this? What Jewish laws do you think we have to follow?

What the video shows is that Christians have differing views within themselves. I've discussed this video with other Christians. With you, I can only explain the narrow gate vs. wide gate portion. The rest is prophecy of what happens after we die and what happens at the end of the world or second coming.

I do expect you to understand the narrow vs. wide gate metaphor that Jesus teaches. I don't expect you to understand the prophecy part of what happens after you die, but you should understand what happens in Hades. I think most of the life spirits will be in a sleeping state and are still conscious unless you were very evil. Before that, you have the free will choice of narrow gate vs. wide gate.

ETA: What is Satan's goal regarding man? First, the Bible tells us that he is the "god of the world and prince of the power of the air." That he's the father of lies and master masquerader of the light. He wants us to think that we are "like God." This was the sin of Adam and Eve. It is what Lucifer thought with his free will, too. Second, he wants to mislead us into following him instead of Jesus. This is his masquerade. Thus, he wants you to think the wide gate is the way to heaven. His assumption is that everyone wants to go to heaven.

If you don't think there is a God nor heaven, then this is all right because that soul will not acknowledge the narrow gate of Jesus. Whether you believe there is a wide gate doesn't matter then.

You mentioned Judaism. There are Jews who do not believe in Jesus; they do not acknowledge the New Testament. What about Islamics? Same thing. They do not believe in Jesus, but Mohammad. What about Jehovah's Witnesses? They think Jesus is Michael the Archangel. Jesus warns us about false prophets in the church and this is how Satan has fooled the believers.

Last edited:
Last paragraph first. So you think that your spirit/soul/person is housed in your brain. What do you base this on? Do you have a link? What if your head gets cut off and a doctor is able to stop the bleeding and is able to save your head? Can he just keep your head alive? Can you still live this way?
If I cut off my finger I'm still me. If I remove or replace any part of me, other than my brain, I'm still me. Seems obvious.

I still don't understand why you think everything is in the Bible. Not everything is in the Bible even theologically. If you believed in Judaism, then we would have different views. If you believed in Islam, we would have even more different views. Thus, why do you think everything is in the Bible? Do you have a link explaining this or is this just your opinion? You are entitled to your opinion, but that's not what the Bible states. The Bible states that it is complete, accurate, and infallible; Is that what you mean? What complete means is the Bible will answer all the questions and problems one will encounter in their life.
Theologically complete, accurate, and infallible maybe, historically complete, accurate, and infallible, not even close. You're probably right the Bible can answer all questions but it usually provides a series of answers to choose from.

As for following the Jewish law, it was Jesus who did not break the Jewish law. Christians do not have to follow the Jewish law. Do you want a link for this? What Jewish laws do you think we have to follow?
Paul would agree with you, Matthew would not.

ETA: What is Satan's goal regarding man? First, the Bible tells us that he is the "god of the world and prince of the power of the air." That he's the father of lies and master masquerader of the light. He wants us to think that we are "like God." This was the sin of Adam and Eve. It is what Lucifer thought with his free will, too. Second, he wants to mislead us into following him instead of Jesus. This is his masquerade. Thus, he wants you to think the wide gate is the way to heaven. His assumption is that everyone wants to go to heaven.
If I wanted to follow Satan, how would I do that? Or is it just not following God?

Is Satan right? We're made in God's image, we have free will, we judge others and, way too often, kill them. That all seems god-like to me.

If I cut off my finger I'm still me. If I remove or replace any part of me, other than my brain, I'm still me. Seems obvious.

Theologically complete, accurate, and infallible maybe, historically complete, accurate, and infallible, not even close. You're probably right the Bible can answer all questions but it usually provides a series of answers to choose from.

Paul would agree with you, Matthew would not.

If I wanted to follow Satan, how would I do that? Or is it just not following God?

Is Satan right? We're made in God's image, we have free will, we judge others and, way too often, kill them. That all seems god-like to me.

your spirit is not physiology -

images

Flora is the precursor to Fauna and prevailed on planet Earth for millions of years before fauna came into being, there is no CNS - central nervous system for flora, a brain.

only if you are without reason would you not recognize flora's spirit no different than your own ... physiology for both is a time capsule that disappears when its spiritual content is removed. what happens to the spirit is anyone's guess but even if not existence after death it is very conceivable the spirit may someday detach itself from its physiology while still vibrant and exist freely before whatever is termed death otherwise occurs.

Forum List

Back