What Do You Do When You're Here Blogging?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I do one of two things, either jam to tunes on the WMP, or watch PIP TV. I can't sit in the quite and just blog while I'm here. If I did, the ringing in my ears along with the head ache I can get from reading what liberals post would cause my head to explode.

What is it you do while you're signed on and blogging?

(Other than the obvious people going to tell me they're either drinking, drunk or high?)

I post for a while, then leave for a while to do stuff with the kids or feed the horses, cook, clean (ok, not much for cleaning, but I try), let the kids have a turn playing flash games, make phone calls, water the lawn, chase dogs away from my garbage can (that's only happened today...no strays in this neck of the woods. They get shot, or our local humane society person picks them up. I really like her.)

I adjust the fans and open windows to blow smoke out of my house after I use the oven and realize the bottom is covered with roast drippings.

I look for remote controls, which are always getting misplaced.

I bop. Up and down.

Sometimes I drink whiskey after the kids are in bed.

I post for a while, then leave for a while to do stuff with the kids or feed the horses, cook, clean (ok, not much for cleaning, but I try), let the kids have a turn playing flash games, make phone calls, water the lawn, chase dogs away from my garbage can (that's only happened today...no strays in this neck of the woods. They get shot, or our local humane society person picks them up. I really like her.)

I adjust the fans and open windows to blow smoke out of my house after I use the oven and realize the bottom is covered with roast drippings.

I look for remote controls, which are always getting misplaced.

I bop. Up and down.

Sometimes I drink whiskey after the kids are in bed.
So you have a LOT of outside stimuli... :lol:

Me, I usually turn on the classical music station on my WMP and listen to that. I live alone, well other than my going on 18 year old cat, so outside of the rare phone call, there's nothing here to disturb me. It's lovely. (I drink whiskey sometimes too. Love the Beam, or Jameson.)

Last edited:
You know, I have a second set now. I raised my two older boys, and everything was such a chore. I loved them to pieces, but I had my own life to live, and I didn't fully appreciate them.

It's so much more fun this time around. I don't mind any of it. I have patience galore and there's nowhere I'd rather be.

You know, I have a second set now. I raised my two older boys, and everything was such a chore. I loved them to pieces, but I had my own life to live, and I didn't fully appreciate them.

It's so much more fun this time around. I don't mind any of it. I have patience galore and there's nowhere I'd rather be.

You sound like my older sister. She raised two kids from one marriage, got divorced, and then had another much later on. She was all into that too. Myself, I don't care for kids. I had my hands full with one son and I'd never undo that. But I sure as HELL didn't want and didn't have anymore. I don't really know how I ever got to be such a private person, but I am. I like my space and my privacy... from everyone.

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong, I like my kids, well, 2/3 thirds of the lot anyway.

Forum List

Back