What Do You Do When You're Here Blogging?

Don't count on it. I'm telling you, talk to your family and make a plan. Don't make it with him because he'll go back on it. Particularly when he figures out he's eligible for gov't subsidies the minute that child is in his care.

Your kid will end up in foster care.
I have told my parents that I don't want him to have him no matter what.
I think my family would fight him to the end if he tried to keep him but I think he could be paid off if he was allowed to see him.

Why in the world would you have to "pay off their useless fuck of a dad" if YOU have the kids?

(You don't have to answer if you don't want to.)

Because the law provides that unless you have an order stating otherwise (and good luck obtaining one) the surviving parent gets the kids.

It doesn't matter if you've had past restraining orders (I maintained one for 2 years, which is the max time allowed without a new incident) or if the surviving parent has never seen the kids or paid support. They get the kids.

The only way around that is to have some OTHER parent adopt the kids..and in order to do THAT you have to have the parent who is relinquishing his parental rights, permission.

I have the kids, I had an R.O. for two years, I have legal custody. But if I die, the courts award the kids to that dickwad automatically.

But we can buy him off. Though if I'm lucky, he'll die first.

Sounds like nothing better happen to you then.

What a shitty situation. Invite him over, and then have him get "accidentally" kicked in the head by a horse.

Shit, everyone in that family is invulnerable if injured in the head. They have brains the size of peanuts and skulls about 6 inches thick.

His brother wiped out on a motorbike going 80 and landed on his head. In a coma for months. I think he's smarter now.

Besides which, he's scared shitless of me. He knows if I invited him over it would be to do him in.

That's nice for you, but you need to put your child first.
That is what I am trying to do.
He can either see his dad once in awhile or not at all, either way it will effect him. If he sees me getting along with him and being nice to him it will be a lot better if he thinks that I hate him and didn't let him see him. My son will realize quickly who is dad really is plus I plan on discussing the situation with him when he is alittle older.
His father has vistation rights, now way will I neglect on my part of the deal and give him any wiggle room for the future. I also document everytime he misses a vistation.

What Do You Do When You're Here Blogging?

I usually have the TV on for some background noise or listening to iTunes. My kids are old enough now to take care of a lot of their own needs. I usually wind up cleaning up the mess they leave in the kitchen.:)

That's nice for you, but you need to put your child first.
That is what I am trying to do.
He can either see his dad once in awhile or not at all, either way it will effect him. If he sees me getting along with him and being nice to him it will be a lot better if he thinks that I hate him and didn't let him see him. My son will realize quickly who is dad really is plus I plan on discussing the situation with him when he is alittle older.
His father has vistation rights, now way will I neglect on my part of the deal and give him any wiggle room for the future. I also document everytime he misses a vistation.

smart girl :thup:

But remember, don't contact him to make the arrangements. Let him contact you. And after he's missed two contacts, make it a little harder to be reachedd.

i am normally watching tcm....fussing about the house...between posts....being a cat lap...sometimes i am logged in but not here....i am playing spades...

Doing my normal thing here, watching Fox News PIP, surfing, and talking with my son on Microsoft Live Messenger.... multitasking... :D

While logged in here, I am also very likely to be listening to music or watching music videos, possibly texting/chatting with a friend. On occasion, putting a puzzle together.

But remember, don't contact him to make the arrangements. Let him contact you. And after he's missed two contacts, make it a little harder to be reachedd.

I never remind him. His mother will once in awhile but I never do.
Do I let him see him not on his designated days, yes but not very much. If he needs to talk to me as a friend I usually don't bring my son.

While logged in here, I am also very likely to be listening to music or watching music videos, possibly texting/chatting with a friend. On occasion, putting a puzzle together.

Computer puzzle?

If my son is awake and I am the laptop I spend quite a bit f time telling him not to touch the computer and please don't unplug it.

Forum List

Back