What Do You Do When You're Here Blogging?

Thought we were... dough no... is there another name for it I'm not aware of? ... :eusa_eh:

Technically no, it's almost the same but not quite.

Enlighten us oh kitten of kodes... :lol:

Well, blogging is you post a story or opinion, most likely what's going on in your life, then other people just post comments as a response. Here we are interacting, not only posting our own ideas, opinions, information, stories, etc. but also responding to others who respond to ours. As for a one word term for what happens in forums, I don't think there is a consensus on one (at least I haven't seen one). The closest is cybersocilaizing, in my opinion, or social networking. Forums predate the fancy terms really.

But ... this is only my opinion. ;)

As to what I do, listen to the TV, some random show really, right now it's Cold Case because everything else on is annoying as hell.

I do too. But I extend that to my family. For example, I love being by myself, but about 5 days away from my kids is all I can hack, I start to freak out.

Once they're grown, I love being alone. I cherish it, I protect it. But when I've got kids, they're part of the "inner circle".

My boys were 16 & 17 when I had the two younger ones. They were pretty much home when it was time to eat or do homework, but other than that, they sort of had their own agendas. It wasn't the constant 100 percent committment (though of course it was...it's much more stressful having teenagers than toddlers. Because they act the same...but they're OUT THERE.)

My brother is also raising his second family and loving it as much as I do. We were wild insane young ppl...though committed in our own ways to our kids.

The wonderful thing about this family is that I have the older boys to help when I need it. My oldest has his own almost-2 y.o. and provides a wonderful steady male influence. He adores the kids..he didn't want any kids himself until I had my daughter. He takes each of them for a week during the summer, and he's on hand when I need someone, though he lives more than a hundred miles away. He's the person who would raise them if something were to happen to me.

The other boy is in Kentucky now, but he and his wife don't have kids of their own and they also dote on the kids.

Technically no, it's almost the same but not quite.

Enlighten us oh kitten of kodes... :lol:

Well, blogging is you post a story or opinion, most likely what's going on in your life, then other people just post comments as a response. Here we are interacting, not only posting our own ideas, opinions, information, stories, etc. but also responding to others who respond to ours. As for a one word term for what happens in forums, I don't think there is a consensus on one (at least I haven't seen one). The closest is cybersocilaizing, in my opinion, or social networking. Forums predate the fancy terms really.

But ... this is only my opinion. ;)

As to what I do, listen to the TV, some random show really, right now it's Cold Case because everything else on is annoying as hell.

By darn you were right on the money KK...

Encyclopedia

blogosphere

online journal where an individual, group, or corporation presents a record of activities, thoughts, or beliefs. Some blogs operate mainly as news filters, collecting various online sources and adding short comments and Internet links. Other blogs concentrate on presenting original material. In addition, many blogs provide a forum to allow visitors to leave comments and interact with the publisher. "To blog" is the act of composing material for a blog. Materials are largely written, but pictures, audio, and videos are important elements of many blogs. The "blogosphere" is the online universe of blogs.

Blogosphere Definition | Definition of Blogosphere at Dictionary.com

I stand corrected. I guess we're.... MESSAGE BOARDING.

It's almost the same as chatting.

When chatting was new, it was very much like this.

I do one of two things, either jam to tunes on the WMP, or watch PIP TV. I can't sit in the quite and just blog while I'm here. If I did, the ringing in my ears along with the head ache I can get from reading what liberals post would cause my head to explode.

What is it you do while you're signed on and blogging?

(Other than the obvious people going to tell me they're either drinking, drunk or high?)
I play with my son, watch television if he is sleeping and listen to music, talk to people on the phone, and do laundry.

I do too. But I extend that to my family. For example, I love being by myself, but about 5 days away from my kids is all I can hack, I start to freak out.

Once they're grown, I love being alone. I cherish it, I protect it. But when I've got kids, they're part of the "inner circle".

My boys were 16 & 17 when I had the two younger ones. They were pretty much home when it was time to eat or do homework, but other than that, they sort of had their own agendas. It wasn't the constant 100 percent committment (though of course it was...it's much more stressful having teenagers than toddlers. Because they act the same...but they're OUT THERE.)

My brother is also raising his second family and loving it as much as I do. We were wild insane young ppl...though committed in our own ways to our kids.

The wonderful thing about this family is that I have the older boys to help when I need it. My oldest has his own almost-2 y.o. and provides a wonderful steady male influence. He adores the kids..he didn't want any kids himself until I had my daughter. He takes each of them for a week during the summer, and he's on hand when I need someone, though he lives more than a hundred miles away. He's the person who would raise them if something were to happen to me.

The other boy is in Kentucky now, but he and his wife don't have kids of their own and they also dote on the kids.

Yeah my son is 31, and he doesn't have any or want kids. My younger sister is 45 and she's never been married or had any kids either. I don't know what it is with our family. I think it's how fiercely independent we all are. We don't want or need anyone to take care of us, and we don't want or need to have to take care of anybody else.

Last edited:
I do one of two things, either jam to tunes on the WMP, or watch PIP TV. I can't sit in the quite and just blog while I'm here. If I did, the ringing in my ears along with the head ache I can get from reading what liberals post would cause my head to explode.

(Other than the obvious people going to tell me they're either drinking, drunk or high?)
I play with my son, watch television if he is sleeping and listen to music, talk to people on the phone, and do laundry.

Holy crap, we're related.

I should have said..he's the person who would raise my kids after we either pay off their useless fuck of a dad, or he dies in an unfortunate accident.

Both options are provided for. I think he'll opt for the $$.

I should have said..he's the person who would raise my kids after we either pay off their useless fuck of a dad, or he dies in an unfortunate accident.

Why in the world would you have to "pay off their useless fuck of a dad" if YOU have the kids?

(You don't have to answer if you don't want to.)

Holy crap, we're related.
the sad part is we could be if you live near Pendleton. I have quite a bit of family in southern idaho and eastern oregon.

Turned the PIP TV on now... some dynamite band playing called the "Soul Shaker."

my kid's dad is always telling me to find a guy to help raise his child with. I have a friend who adores my son and so my kid's dad thinks we should get together now that my friend has broke up with his girlfriend. He called me tonight to tell me this for the tenth time.

Why in the world would you have to "pay off their useless fuck of a dad" if YOU have the kids?

Because the law provides that unless you have an order stating otherwise (and good luck obtaining one) the surviving parent gets the kids.

It doesn't matter if you've had past restraining orders (I maintained one for 2 years, which is the max time allowed without a new incident) or if the surviving parent has never seen the kids or paid support. They get the kids.

The only way around that is to have some OTHER parent adopt the kids..and in order to do THAT you have to have the parent who is relinquishing his parental rights, permission.

I have the kids, I had an R.O. for two years, I have legal custody. But if I die, the courts award the kids to that dickwad automatically.

But we can buy him off. Though if I'm lucky, he'll die first.

Because the law provides that unless you have an order stating otherwise (and good luck obtaining one) the surviving parent gets the kids.

It doesn't matter if you've had past restraining orders (I maintained one for 2 years, which is the max time allowed without a new incident) or if the surviving parent has never seen the kids or paid support. They get the kids.

The only way around that is to have some OTHER parent adopt the kids..and in order to do THAT you have to have the parent who is relinquishing his parental rights, permission.

I have the kids, I had an R.O. for two years, I have legal custody. But if I die, the courts award the kids to that dickwad automatically.

my kid's dad I don't think would take my son, I think he knows my family would do a better job of raising him. Plus like you I have a brother that would pay him off, my family would never let him take my son.

Sounds like nothing better happen to you then.

What a shitty situation. Invite him over, and then have him get "accidentally" kicked in the head by a horse.

my kid's dad I don't think would take my son, I think he knows my family would do a better job of raising him. Plus like you I have a brother that would pay him off, my family would never let him take my son.

I'm telling you, take care of it now. Make sure you communicate with your family. I have life insurance policies and they don't go to my younger kids, because if they did, I know very well that fuck would get them. They go to my older kids and my sister, and we've had long detailed discussions about how to approach paying the dickweed off.

I think we've got it figured out to make it palatable to him...give him money and agree to let him see the kids (supervised, but couched in terms that are acceptable and even generous) but he has to agree to sign over the kids. He'll get money up front and not have to continue paying the child support that I know is killing him.

The bastard broke my foot, my face, and blacked my little girl's eye when she was 3. He deserves to die, and he knows my family is capable of pulling it off. I think if we're nice to him, he'll go my way.

But the thing is, get it straightened out now. You might die in a freak accident tomorrow. And I guarantee, child welfare will take the kids directly to him. And once they're there, it's blazing hell to get them out.

I should talk to him and know exactly what his plan would be.
He for one lives in Oxford House/Sober House and I highly doubt that he could have my son live with him even though their's is alittle different then most.
And if he did take him I think he would give him to my family within the week, he is a selfish person and there is no way he would want to give up all his freedom to raise his child.

Don't count on it. I'm telling you, talk to your family and make a plan. Don't make it with him because he'll go back on it. Particularly when he figures out he's eligible for gov't subsidies the minute that child is in his care.

Your kid will end up in foster care.

One thing I have learned with him is that life is easier if I get along with him, I don't have to deal with him too much and yes we fight but we get along a majority of the time. Yeah he is not the best father but we have become friends and he needs friends right now. My son just thinks he is some fun guy he hangs out with every once in awhile.

Forum List

Back