What Do You Believe Is the Main Reason People Own a Gun

For us it isn't that we expect to need one. But neither do most people forced into a situation of self defense ever expect that. So for us, just as having a reasonable supply of freeze dried food on hand just in case the unthinkable should happen and we might need it, so do we own firearms for the specific purpose of self defense even though we seriously doubt we will ever need to use them.
You're none too bright. I support gun ownership

case closed

Did you read the article/report?

The fear part is high for most gun owners. I did not purchase a handgun out of fear or for protection in myself in my home or neighborhood. My safety concerns had to do with traveling in an expensive vehicle, in rural areas with valuable belongings and knowing that LE was a long way away from responding if able to connect via cell towers
I have about 50 firearms.

I own the firearms for four reasons:

I like shooting at the range.

I enjoy collecting and building firearms.

For self defense

For, as it says in the Constitution, the security of a free state.

Which one of those do you stupid pussy Libtards have a problem with?

For us it isn't that we expect to need one. But neither do most people forced into a situation of self defense ever expect that. So for us, just as having a reasonable supply of freeze dried food on hand just in case the unthinkable should happen and we might need it, so do we own firearms for the specific purpose of self defense even though we seriously doubt we will ever need to use them.
I don't expect to ever need my home defense weapons. But I still have fire extinguishers even though I don't expect to ever need them. I also had hundreds of dollars of safety equipment on my sailboat and life vests even though I never expected to need it either. A wise man prepares for emergencies before they happen. As we said in the Army, "prior planning prevents piss-poor performance".

For Most U.S. Gun Owners, Protection Is the Main Reason They Own a Gun​

Pew has looked into this:

I wonder how many people are honest enough to admit it's because they are full of fear, and then will admit they watch/listen/read/gather news from sources that feed fear?

Main reason? They aren't stupid.

:th_Back_2_Topic_2: now, what is so threatening about this post? :th_Back_2_Topic_2: Why all the personal attacks? :th_Back_2_Topic_2: Why all the immediate hostility and Paranoia? :th_Back_2_Topic_2:

:disbelief:could it be a simple discussion on gun ownership triggers 2nd Amendment snowflakes? :disbelief:

I wonder how many people are honest enough to admit it's because they are full of fear, and then will admit they watch/listen/read/gather news from sources that feed fear?

Nah, it's because there's fucked up people, and guns can stop fucked up people cold, and even little

bitty or old women can use them to do so. There's also the wild animal factor. Animals don't see laws or badges.

Nah, it's because there's fucked up people, and guns can stop fucked up people cold, and even little

bitty or old women can use them to do so. There's also the wild animal factor. Animals don't see laws or badges.
really? You need to get out more often

Protection. Period. Nothing else.

So you’re suggesting that the portion of my post that you highlighted is an indication of fear? Do I have that right?

If so, you would be incorrect. It’s simply a natural conclusion that the vast majority of humanity is comprised of criminals, assholes, and other immoral pieces of shit who disgust me to the point of nausea when I am forced to deal with them. That disgust combined with the obvious fact that this country does not have an adequate legsl/justice system and culture to deter crime and immoral behavior in the population means that I am the only thing standing between my family and the filth of humanity.
If everyone else is the problem, guess what?

Forum List

Back