What Do You Believe Is the Main Reason People Own a Gun

May 4, 2022

For Most U.S. Gun Owners, Protection Is the Main Reason They Own a Gun​

Pew has looked into this:

Gun owners in the United States continue to cite protection far more than other factors, including hunting and sport shooting, as a major reason they own a gun.

And while a sizable majority of gun owners (71%) say they enjoy having a gun, an even larger share (81%) say they feel safer owning a gun.

I wonder how many people are honest enough to admit it's because they are full of fear, and then will admit they watch/listen/read/gather news from sources that feed fear?

Last edited:

I wonder how many people are honest enough to admit it's because they are full of fear, and then will admit they watch/listen/read/gather news from sources that feed fear?

Do you have a gun?

• Banned
I own and shoot guns because it's fun. Also I want to be able to protect my family if necessary.
Did you read the article/report?

The fear part is high for most gun owners. I did not purchase a handgun out of fear or for protection in myself in my home or neighborhood. My safety concerns had to do with traveling in an expensive vehicle, in rural areas with valuable belongings and knowing that LE was a long way away from responding if able to connect via cell towers

Last edited:

Crime happens.....and you never know who will be the victim, or where it will happen.

I am always curious how left wingers think.

No one needs a gun because they, themselves, have never been the victim of a violent crime........baffling.

Because their daddy owned one.

Did you read the article/report?

The fear part is high for most gun owners. I did not oruchase a handgun out of fear or for protection in my home. My safety concerns had to do with traveling in an expensive vehicle, in rural areas with valuable belongings and knowing that LE was a long way away from responding if able to connect via cell towers

As is wearing a seatbelt, or having life insurance....guns are no different, and "fear," is too strong a word. Realistic understanding that there are criminals in the world .....that isn't fear, that is just being prepared.

You idiots love to denigrate people for things that are real.....making yourselves feel superior when you have nothing to feel superior about...

Crime happens.....and you never know who will be the victim, or where it will happen.

No one needs a gun because they, themselves, have never been the victim of a violent crime........baffling.

You disagree?

Then you don't think that crime happens to people?

Really?

You are full of fear. I wonder where and how you get the news that you watch/listen/read/gather . What sources feed your fears?

Crime has always been around us. Always. Where it will happen? WTF do you live? If it's so unsafe yu fear things, why not move? We live in a free country.

368740529_671750011670479_4225200811630684634_n.jpg

As is wearing a seatbelt, or having life insurance....guns are no different, and "fear," is too strong a word. Realistic understanding that there are criminals in the world .....that isn't fear, that is just being prepared.

You idiots love to denigrate people for things that are real.....making yourselves feel superior when you have nothing to feel superior about...
as another member wrote: Crime happens.....and you never know who will be the victim, or where it will happen.

.that my friend is fear based. Prepared? For what exactly? Where do you people live.

I used to frequent a place where people spoke of training to shoot while moving, and spoke of preparing in case people broke in and hel their families hotstage. I was like -- I am here: wtf do you people live?

You are full of fear. I wonder where and how you get the news that you watch/listen/read/gather . What sources feed your fears?

Crime has always been around us. Always. Where it will happen? WTF do you live? If it's so unsafe yu fear things, why not move? We live in a free country.

Again....your mind set is really stupid.

I have a fire extinguisher in the house......am I afraid of fire? No.

Yes...crime has always been around us, and each and every day people are robbed, raped, beaten, murdered, stabbed........and the people who these things happen to do not know that that day is the day...they wake up, and don't know that they will be a victim.

Crime happens in every community...so your dumb post is really stupid.

Forum List

Back