What do these Dems have against god?

These people are unreal. I hope she gets crushed on Nov 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6evyllqZAw

Holy crap! I had my volume all the way up, and that outro at the end scared the shit outta me! :lol:.. And why would someone say something they don't believe? If you don't believe in God, why would you say "one nation under God"? :cuckoo:
And America was founded on many, many beliefs. Not just yours. What's all this retarded outrage over? How 'bout we focus on the real issues. For example how the hell our govt.'s gonna operate at all if the Grand Ol' Party of no, who's main mission is for Obama to fail, takes over!

Thank God we're not a xtian nation. Xtians are the most violent people in all of history.
trollin.jpg

I care becouse part of the problem in Amerian society today is the attacks by the libs on the Judeo Christian moral values this country was founded on.. But I guess in the liberal mind thats all fine and dandy:cuckoo:

we were founded on many different POLITICAL philosophies.

some of the least moral people i've ever seen claim to be religious.

and btw.. . i believe in G-d... i'm not an atheist... and i really don't want people imposing their g-d on me and mine.

i also don't believe in false issues... like whether someone says 'under g-d'... or whether they stand at attention or put their hand over their heart.

i don't do fauxrage.

Wrong we were founded by Christians, Based on Judeo Christian moral values and the premis of "God given rights "not rights granted by the government. Read the Constitution and the ferderalist papers.

I was under the impression our rights were granted by the Constitution.

and btw.. . i believe in G-d... i'm not an atheist... and i really don't want people imposing their g-d on me and mine.

i also don't believe in false issues... like whether someone says 'under g-d'... or whether they stand at attention or put their hand over their heart.

i don't do fauxrage.

Wrong we were founded by Christians, Based on Judeo Christian moral values and the premis of "God given rights "not rights granted by the government. Read the Constitution and the ferderalist papers.

I was under the impression our rights were granted by the Constitution.
Then you've never read the Constitution.

I care becouse part of the problem in Amerian society today is the attacks by the libs on the Judeo Christian moral values this country was founded on.. But I guess in the liberal mind thats all fine and dandy:cuckoo:

i don't do fauxrage.

atheismposter.jpg

I've got nothing against god or any other fictional characters; Saying or omitting the name is optional, same as "Affirm" can be substituted for "Swear" in making sworn statements (Including the military pledge). Sorry, the choice to say it or not is guaranteed by law. It's an American thing.

i don't do fauxrage.

what are the ferderalist papers?

Federalist Papers

i don't do fauxrage.

I've got nothing against god or any other fictional characters; Saying or omitting the name is optional, same as "Affirm" can be substituted for "Swear" in making sworn statements (Including the military pledge). Sorry, the choice to say it or not is guaranteed by law. It's an American thing.

John Adams and John Hancock:

We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus! [April 18, 1775]

John Adams:
“ The general principles upon which the Fathers achieved independence were the general principals of Christianity… I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.”
• “[July 4th] ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.”
–John Adams in a letter written to Abigail on the day the Declaration was approved by Congress

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --October 11, 1798

Benjamin Franklin: | Portrait of Ben Franklin

“ God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel” –Constitutional Convention of 1787 | original manuscript of this speech

“In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for Divine protection. Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered… do we imagine we no longer need His assistance?” [Constitutional Convention, Thursday June 28, 1787]

[

Alexander Hamilton:• Hamilton began work with the Rev. James Bayard to form the Christian Constitutional Society to help spread over the world the two things which Hamilton said made America great:
(1) Christianity
(2) a Constitution formed under Christianity.
“The Christian Constitutional Society, its object is first: The support of the Christian religion. Second: The support of the United States.”

On July 12, 1804 at his death, Hamilton said, “I have a tender reliance on the mercy of the Almighty, through the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a sinner. I look to Him for mercy; pray for me.”

Quotes of the Founders : Founding Fathers quotes on religion, faith, Christianity

Last edited:

The country was founded by liberals looking to get away from "Christian-Judeo values". They set up a secular nation where all people of all faiths could practice their religions without the fear of being persecuted by "Christian-Judeo" values.

I like this whole new "Christian-Judeo" values thing..too. For the longest time Christians and Jews didn't get along all that well.

:under g-d was inserted into the pledge during the mccarthy era to weed out 'commies'.

why do you care?

and why do idiots think dems have anything against g-d?

oh...and she's 30 points over her opponent and has been given a 100% chance of a win by fivethirtyeight.com

FiveThirtyEight House Election Forecasts and Polls - Election 2010 - The New York Times
October 26, 2010 -- McCollum Honors Pledge of Allegiance and ?One Nation Under God?

Actually, it was founded on CLASSICAL Liberal values

You know, Locke, Hume, Jefferson...

fixed

I have nothing against someone who does not exist.
I do have problems with what some do in his name though.

pretty idiotic logic, you have there.

If someone murdered someone else via live stream on the internet and just before the act said: "I do this in the name of Barack Obama." Should Barack Obama be blamed? The answer is no of course not, your logic sucks, as does pretty much everything you say.

The country was founded by liberals looking to get away from "Christian-Judeo values". They set up a secular nation where all people of all faiths could practice their religions without the fear of being persecuted by "Christian-Judeo" values.

I like this whole new "Christian-Judeo" values thing..too. For the longest time Christians and Jews didn't get along all that well.

Figures a New york idiot would say something so stupid.. The pilgrims were running away from religion?:lol: this country was founded on rights god given rights "endowed by their creator" it doesn't push any single religion we have a "secular government" not a secular nation

The values are called Judeo-Christian because they derive from the complementary ideas of free will, the moral accountability of the individual rather than the group, the spiritual imperative of imperfect man’s struggle to do what is right and the existence of true moral law in the teachings of Christ and the Jewish prophets.

Judeo-Christian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know........this country wasn't founded upon Judeo-Christian (that's the proper way to write it, Judaic theology came before Christianity in history) values.

It was founded on a belief that we should all have the right to live and be happy, and that was accomplished by hard work.

Incidentally, "In God we trust" was ORIGINALLY Florida's state motto, and was put on the money back in the 1850's or so........

In God We Trust is the official motto of the United States, the U.S. state of Florida and the Central American nation of Nicaragua.[1]

The motto IN GOD WE TRUST first appeared on the 1864 two-cent coin, followed in 1866 by the 5 cent nickel (1866–1883), quarter dollar, half dollar, silver dollar and gold dollars. It did not become the official U.S. national motto until after the passage of an Act of Congress in 1956.[2][3] It is codified as federal law in the United States Code at 36 U.S.C. § 302, which provides: "'In God we trust' is the national motto."

One possible origin of In God We Trust is the final stanza of The Star-Spangled Banner. Written in 1814 by Francis Scott Key (and later adopted as the U.S. national anthem), the song contains an early reference to a variation of the phrase: "...And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust'."[4]

Legal status

Use of the motto on circulating coinage is required by law. A March 3, 1865 law allowed the motto to be used on coins.[6] The use of the motto was permitted, but not required, by an 1873 law. While several laws come into play, the act of May 18, 1908,[7] is most often cited as requiring the motto (even though the cent and nickel were excluded from that law, and the nickel did not have the motto added until 1938). Since 1938, all coins have borne the motto. On July 11, 1955 it became required on all coins and currency by Act of Congress.[8] The motto was added to paper money over a period from 1957 to 1966.[2]

Aronow v. United States and the more recent Newdow v. United States Congress case (which dealt with the similar objection to "under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance), as well as other constitutional objections under the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment have been rejected by the courts.

In God We Trust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that's a fantasy. what 'moral values'? slavery? only landed gentry having power? women being the property of their husbands? ahhhh the good ole days! *shakes head*

where is that in 'christian values'?

they were deists who grounded us firmly in political philosophy... NOT religion. They ran from religious influence. They didn't want what one of my best friends calls 'g-d botherers' running things.

jefferson so hated the mythology of religion that he did his own bible with only jesus' words and without the mystical stuff.

it is sometimes a good idea to be more a student of history than of religion. religion has its place, but that place is NOT in government... and there has never been a far left OR far right society that has been good for jews.

so watch out for the rightwingnuts

If someone murdered someone else via live stream on the internet and just before the act said: "I do this in the name of Barack Obama." Should Barack Obama be blamed? The answer is no of course not, your logic sucks, as does pretty much everything you say.

:D
And you talk about lack of logic.
An obvious problem with analogies and reading comprehension as well.

You know........this country wasn't founded upon Judeo-Christian (that's the proper way to write it, Judaic theology came before Christianity in history) values.

Yep.... from the Torah (old testament) and adopted by the Chrstians.

It was founded on a belief that we should all have the right to live and be happy, and that was accomplished by hard work.

"Nobody has the right to be happy" were the hell did you get that from the Communist manifesto?

Incidentally, "In God we trust" was ORIGINALLY Florida's state motto, and was put on the money back in the 1850's or so........

In God We Trust is the official motto of the United States, the U.S. state of Florida and the Central American nation of Nicaragua.[1]

:doubt:Totally Irrelevant....Waste of cut and paste

Yep.... from the Torah (old testament) and adopted by the Chrstians.

"Nobody has the right to be happy" were the hell did you get that from the Communist manifesto?

:doubt:Totally Irrelevant....Waste of cut and paste

Nobody has a right to be happy? What about the pursuit of happiness? Yeah.....I get that you don't always get it right away, but if you DO pursue it long enough, you're gonna catch it.

As far as Christians "adopting" the Torah? Try again stupid.........Yeshua was a good Jewish man who tried to take what the Jews already knew about God to everyone who WASN'T Jewish.

By the way n00b, welcome to the boards. Always useful to have a troll to kick when I'm pissed.

:D
And you talk about lack of logic.
An obvious problem with analogies and reading comprehension as well.

41tQ8wAPAQL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

consider it. And jilly-bean, lay off the slavery...you sound so ignorant when you bring it up randomly, i have a feeling your thought process works like this: "I disagree with the OP, but I have no real argument, I know, I will come up with a red herring that will get their blood boiling! Yeah! That's the ticket!"

grow up.

i don't do fauxrage.

I respect that. My point would be that as a role model, things become more about example, and less about self. I'm no one to talk about etiquette, but it makes sense that it makes the difference.

Forum List

Back