What do NK citizens think of the summit?

It's a good point though. If Trump allows SK, Japan and China to further NK econ development, it could help a lot of people.

Hey, China could outsourse some of their cheap wage labor making US imports to NK, and get around Trump's sanctions ... assuming he ever actually levels any on China. (-:
I would be very happy if the North Korean communist system collapsed and the people of that nation were able to join the rest of the free world.

I just do not see Kim ever letting that happen.

No dictator ever loosens their grip. They know that to do so means their imminent death.
I agree. But the Chinese are better off from their communist party partially privatizing the economy and opening markets. Trump's embrace of dictators while picking fights with democracies is more than passing scary, but this could be a good thing for North Koreans even it the Kim crime family stays for another generation.

The North Koreans and Trump supporters think what they are told to think about the Singapore Fling.

Remember, kids. Our American troops are provocative and hurt Kim's feelings. Our troops in South Korea are a bad thing.
You'd have a shit fit if China had 30,000 soldiers massed at the Mexican border. Put yourself in their shoes.
We are not at war with Mexico.

North Korea invaded South Korea. Not the other way around.

You have committed an apples and oranges fallacy.
I'm talking about the fear factor. Kim is paranoid as hell.

There have been agreements after agreements after agreements signed by North Korea promising to "denuclearize" that country. For decades.

Not gonna happen.

After each agreement, North Korea ramped up its nuclear weapons program.
the "agreement" doesn't set a time table for denuclearization, and after Bolton injecting the Libyan model, Kim's not going to do this near term, and his army will assassinate him if he tries. And I can't totally blame them. We've been about regime change for seventy years now. And China isn't gonna want SKlite on their border.

The North Koreans and Trump supporters think what they are told to think about the Singapore Fling.

Remember, kids. Our American troops are provocative and hurt Kim's feelings. Our troops in South Korea are a bad thing.
You'd have a shit fit if China had 30,000 soldiers massed at the Mexican border. Put yourself in their shoes.

I don't care about Kim's feelings, and I am thoroughly disgusted Trump appeased him.

I don't care about Kim's feelings, and I am thoroughly disgusted Trump appeased him.
It sounds as if you are against these negotiations all around.

Even paranoids have real enemies. (-:

There have been agreements after agreements after agreements signed by North Korea promising to "denuclearize" that country. For decades.

Not gonna happen.

the "agreement" doesn't set a time table for denuclearization, and after Bolton injecting the Libyan model, Kim's not going to do this near term, and his army will assassinate him if he tries. And I can't totally blame them. We've been about regime change for seventy years now. And China isn't gonna want SKlite on their border.
Actually, I think China would be very happy to see a Korean unification. North Korea is a literal thorn in their side.

China has been moving more and more to a market economy, and North Korea has been sucking on their prosperity like a leech.

Pardon my mixed metaphors.

It's now looking like it's only the US standing in the way of peace over there. North & South have already agreed to ending the Korean War. They're moving forward with peace plans with or without the US. More evidence the US Empire's power & control is beginning to wane.

I am against Trump's appeasement and idiocy. He came into office and drastically inflamed the situation, and now he wants credit for not turning Korea back into a hot war? Really?

The situation hasn't even returned to where it was before he came along.

Not gonna happen.

Actually, I think China would be very happy to see a Korean unification. North Korea is a literal thorn in their side.

China has been moving more and more to a market economy, and North Korea has been sucking on their prosperity like a leech.

I agree. NK is a leech and China has been propping that country up for decades.

I'm sure they would love a NK that they don't have to support.

This thing is just getting started, and the partisan crazies are pretending everything is set in stone and Trump got railroaded.

These people really, truly, seriously, have lost their shit.

I've never seen so many people so completely unhinged like this.

Yeah, they're now down to publicly boasting about hoping the Economy crashes so they can blame it all on Trump. And they're 100% opposed to any peace talks with North Korea. They really have lost it. They ain't right. :cuckoo:

It kind of depends on if they bring their children with them ... :thup:

Foreign nationals at our southern border don't raise much suspicion with most people.
It's quite possible a couple in San Bernardino could renovate a extra bedroom for them.

Not gonna happen.

I agree. NK is a leech and China has been propping that country up for decades.

I'm sure they would love a NK that they don't have to support.
I'm not sure China wants a land border with a democratic consumer society with goods to barter. BUT, the Chinese are better off with a pretty autocratic govt that embraces free markets. If the North Koreans get a better life, good for them.

But yeah any credit Trump deserves is pretty much that he so inflamed shit over there, the new South Korean govt had to end the notion of reunification and just make peace.

This thing is just getting started, and the partisan crazies are pretending everything is set in stone and Trump got railroaded.

I was just thinking the same thing. I've never seen so many 'instant' experts on foreign diplomacy in one place. It is almost like they think they have 60 years of diplomatic experience or something.

I've also not seen quite so many anti-American's in full throat like this either.

I was just thinking the same thing. I've never seen so many 'instant' experts on foreign diplomacy in one place. It is almost like they think they have 60 years of diplomatic experience or something.

Like Trump.

North Korea played Trump like a fiddle.

Trump trash talked a lot of shit about North Korea, nearly inflaming the peninsula back into a hot war.

So last year, on Trump's watch, North Korea kidnapped two more American hostages, bringing their total to three.

Then, in a "goodwill gesture", they gave the hostages back. Trump's ego inflated so bigly, he had to meet the hostages outdoors.

The next thing you know, Trump went from a Nork basher to not being able to say enough nice things about his new magnificent friend Kim.

And then, the coup de grâce. North Korea finally got a photo op on the world stage with the leader of the most powerful country on Earth. Prestige, baby! Something which every US leader had the good sense to deny them until now.

And North Korea had to give up...nothing.

Brilliant. Well played, North Korea. Well played.

Next time, take Rodman. Trump will publicly fellate your dick when you give him back.

I am against Trump's appeasement and idiocy. He came into office and drastically inflamed the situation, and now he wants credit for not turning Korea back into a hot war? Really?

The situation hasn't even returned to where it was before he came along.
Okay, I go along with that. But to be fair, if I remember correctly, NoKo testing its nukes and launching its missiles happened prior to the Trump trash talking. Didn't it?

I've also not seen quite so many anti-American's in full throat like this either.
It's a cautionary tale. When a person becomes so full of hate that they become intellectually and emotionally invested in the failure of the person they hate, it robs them of reason. Their priorities go completely of out whack.

This is crazy.

Forum List

Back