It looks like China knew about Trump stopping war games before the US military or South Korea did

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I think China is pressuring Kim to cooperate. His survival depends on their approval of him.

It looks like China knew about Trump stopping war games before the US military or South Korea did

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday after meeting with Kim Jong Un that the US and South Korea would stop military drills — but it appears China knew about it before the Pentagon did.

US military forces in Korea have not received any direction to cease joint military drills, a spokesman said on Tuesday, Reuters notes.

The South Korean military issued a statement to NBC News saying: "Regarding President Trump's comment regarding ending of the combined military drills..We need to find out the exact meaning or intention behind his comments at this point."

Meanwhile, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson said "Our suspension for suspension process is right and has been realised," a BBC correspondent in China reported.

I think China is pressuring Kim to cooperate. His survival depends on their approval of him.

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday after meeting with Kim Jong Un that the US and South Korea would stop military drills — but it appears China knew about it before the Pentagon did.

US military forces in Korea have not received any direction to cease joint military drills, a spokesman said on Tuesday, Reuters notes.

The South Korean military issued a statement to NBC News saying: "Regarding President Trump's comment regarding ending of the combined military drills..We need to find out the exact meaning or intention behind his comments at this point."

Meanwhile, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson said "Our suspension for suspension process is right and has been realised," a BBC correspondent in China reported.

So Trump gave into the Chinese and not NK.

Thanks for the clarification

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Probably likely. But ex-naying the war games after NK unilaterally ex-nayed missile testing is the one concrete positive I see. And that's not to diss. Like other presidents Trump may have stumbled into a "time" when things are possible. SK electing a "liberal" govt. NK having become a nuke power thereby eliminating any unilateral preemptive US strike.

I found the US "hysteria" over NK's weapons overdome under both Clinton and BushII

A link to twitter?

The North is ready for a peace deal. It can't possibly win a war against the US/West. But it now feels it's in a good position to bargain. And the North & South have already agreed on ending the Korean War. It looks like it's only the US standing in the way of peace at this point.

Probably likely. But ex-naying the war games after NK unilaterally ex-nayed missile testing is the one concrete positive I see. And that's not to diss. Like other presidents Trump may have stumbled into a "time" when things are possible. SK electing a "liberal" govt. NK having become a nuke power thereby eliminating any unilateral preemptive US strike.

I found the US "hysteria" over NK's weapons overdome under both Clinton and BushII

It is sort of ironic you never hear a peep about Pakistan and their nukes and they are a Muslim extremist stronghold never more than a week away from a coup

It is sort of ironic you never hear a peep about Pakistan and their nukes and they are a Muslim extremist stronghold never more than a week away from a coup

Easy to forget they and India came close. But yeah, Trump's accidentally forcing SK to give up on reunification to make peace with NK may be a good thing ..... since regime change wasn't happening.

Trump is more than willing to do a deal with despots not allowing people free markets (Putin Qatar) so if NK just follows the Jina path, maybe we should give thanks to God or the great bone rattler in the sky.

Last edited:

They probably found out about it from Putin.

Forum List

Back