What distinguished the Great Depression

Your inability to read a chart and look at all factors as it pertains to the chronological sequence of things seems to be the reason you need to insert curses in your posts.

SO I guess if somone installs new insulation for the winter, and the temprature never dropped below 65 degrees that year, the fact that his heating bill went down by 150% is strictly due to the new insulation.

As for your cursing like that...I mean as an insult to me.....what are you.....12?

This is a site for adults and I can curse all I want, You make some vauge defence of the R LIES and then spend all your time talking about my choice of words. I curse becausse I am FUCKING sick of the lies.

QUIT LYING and Ill quit cursing while talking to you.

The CHART clearly shows that course of the recovery and that it started the minute the New Deal was in place. Prove the lies you claim are not lies.

Did I say you cant curse on here? I just asked if you are 12 as I can see a 12 year old thinking that cursing someone out and calling them names with curses may work...but I cant see an adult thinking that.

As for the point I was making....you seemed to dodge it...like a 12 year old would...but regardless...the point is, there were many factors in play when the new deal started.....of course ogvernemtn fuinded projects will increase employment....but by no means was that the major contributing factor......simply one of many such as the war, the need for goods by the poublic.....Obsolesence of existing goods in the hands of the conusmer also played a major role...as it does with all recoveries.

But this may be too deep for you to understand.....you seem to want to say the dems are great and the reps are idiots.....so why consider reality...and basic economic facts.

Go back to class....you may learn something.

Deep?

Its bullshit. Capital infusion into the market is what causes increased economic activity. THAT is what FDR did and it worked. You people can PRETEND the money from goverenment is somehow different but then you people are just brain damaged.

This is a site for adults and I can curse all I want, You make some vauge defence of the R LIES and then spend all your time talking about my choice of words. I curse becausse I am FUCKING sick of the lies.

QUIT LYING and Ill quit cursing while talking to you.

The CHART clearly shows that course of the recovery and that it started the minute the New Deal was in place. Prove the lies you claim are not lies.

Did I say you cant curse on here? I just asked if you are 12 as I can see a 12 year old thinking that cursing someone out and calling them names with curses may work...but I cant see an adult thinking that.

As for the point I was making....you seemed to dodge it...like a 12 year old would...but regardless...the point is, there were many factors in play when the new deal started.....of course ogvernemtn fuinded projects will increase employment....but by no means was that the major contributing factor......simply one of many such as the war, the need for goods by the poublic.....Obsolesence of existing goods in the hands of the conusmer also played a major role...as it does with all recoveries.

But this may be too deep for you to understand.....you seem to want to say the dems are great and the reps are idiots.....so why consider reality...and basic economic facts.

Deep?

Its bullshit. Capital infusion into the market is what causes increased economic activity. THAT is what FDR did and it worked. You people can PRETEND the money from goverenment is somehow different but then you people are just brain damaged.

Hey...got a question for you TM..

Do you know what causes recessions?

The answer is quick and easy...so no long drawn out partisan crap please.

Show me you know what you are talking about....what is the cause of a typical recession?

Shows how STUPID you are, the mess was created under lack stewardship of our economy by the republican idiots who preceded FDR.

Keep trying to rewrite history at your own peril.

Hoover was another fucking Progressive, fuck him too

Did you bother to read the 2 paragraphs I posted regarding 1920-21?

No I didnt because its revisionist history.

FOR decades the American people knew FDR saved this country, they didnt need to even read hisotry books to know it becasue they SAW it in their own lives. Now that most of those first hand people are no longer alive you idiots are trying to rewrite the history. FUCK OFF me and other educated people will refuse to stand by and watch you do it.

Idiot

Deep?

Show me you know what you are talking about....what is the cause of a typical recession?

decreased economic activity.

Deep?

Oh jeez....that is like saying that the car hit the tree becuase the tree was in its way.

What causes a decrease in economic activity?

Oh jeez....that is like saying that the car hit the tree becuase the tree was in its way.

And please dont say a decrease in consumer spending....what causes a decrease in consumer spending?

So you dont see it that there has been a dramatic change in technology as a reason? I mean, basic logic NYc.....in the 40's, military meals were prepared state side by non military employees....now they are prepared on the front by military.....just as an example....and a very minor one.

Nope, I do believe shrub contracted meal service out too, which means we taxpayers probably paid 400X more than we would have had it remained an in-house service. You do realize he contracted out almost every single aspect of this war to private companies, including security.

And please dont say a decrease in consumer spending....what causes a decrease in consumer spending?

Every recession is not the same. There is a natural cycle of recession and recovery in every economy and the causes of each recession will vary.

You want to pretend this game of proving how smart you are and pretend my answer was not COMPLETELY CORRECT, it was dead on accurate.

NOW lets go back to the thread subject and the chart I provided and you refused to say ANYTHING of substance about and tried to change the subject.

Last edited:
File:GDP depression.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heres the chart again

Note the 1937 dip, now HISTORY shows that is the year FDR pulled back the new deal and then the economy dipped, he reupped the new deal and the economy responded.

The line that the New Deal caused the GD is a brand new republican bullshit history revision just like the CRAP about Reagan being a fiscal hero.

Last edited:

What has Tiger Woods go to do with this?

Every recession is not the same. There is a natural cycle of recession and recovery in every economy and the causes of each recession will vary.

You want to pretend this game of proving smart you are and pretend my answer was not COMPLETELY CORRECT, it was dead on accurate.

NOW lets go back to the thread subject and the chart I provided and you refused to say ANYTHING of substance about and tried to change the subject.

You are completely wrong with your answer. 100% wrong.

So how in the world can you claim to know what causes a recovery if, in fact, you have completely ignored basic economic facts and laws.

You are a fake TM...and you just proved it.

The cause of a recession MUST be known to be able to know how one recovers from a recession..
Do you know why the bush tax rebates on 2008 did not work?
For the same reason as why there are recessions.

Go learn something then get back to me. I will not debate someone who knows little about the topic.

Last edited:
So you dont see it that there has been a dramatic change in technology as a reason? I mean, basic logic NYc.....in the 40's, military meals were prepared state side by non military employees....now they are prepared on the front by military.....just as an example....and a very minor one.

Nope, I do believe shrub contracted meal service out too, which means we taxpayers probably paid 400X more than we would have had it remained an in-house service. You do realize he contracted out almost every single aspect of this war to private companies, including security.

Actually, no, I was not aware that he contracted out the military meals to private industry.

Thanks for that info.

Actually, no, I was not aware that he contracted out the military meals to private industry.

Thanks for that info.

You mean you dont remember the Blood on the floor of mess halls in Iraq???????

Listen to the news once in awhile.

TM...let me put it to you this way.

A stimuulus was AND is applied as a pain reliever.

It gives people income to pay for life's necessities during a recession.

It does not, however, make people want MORE than the necessities.

Take it from there. Then get back to me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back