What distinguished the Great Depression

Actually, no, I was not aware that he contracted out the military meals to private industry.

Thanks for that info.

He contracted out EVERYTHING. Why do you think we're seeing so much fraud being discovered with so many contractors?

You missed what I said...I knew much was contracted out to private industry....but I was not aware that the military meals were contracted out to private industry.

Nope, I do believe shrub contracted meal service out too, which means we taxpayers probably paid 400X more than we would have had it remained an in-house service. You do realize he contracted out almost every single aspect of this war to private companies, including security.

Actually, no, I was not aware that he contracted out the military meals to private industry.

Thanks for that info.

You mean you dont remember the Blood on the floor of mess halls in Iraq???????

Listen to the news once in awhile.

LMAO...you are in this debate simply to discredit your opponent.

You know what they say...a debate is won when the loser resorts to discrediting his opponent.

And please dont say a decrease in consumer spending....what causes a decrease in consumer spending?

Every recession is not the same. There is a natural cycle of recession and recovery in every economy and the causes of each recession will vary.

You want to pretend this game of proving smart you are and pretend my answer was not COMPLETELY CORRECT, it was dead on accurate.

NOW lets go back to the thread subject and the chart I provided and you refused to say ANYTHING of substance about and tried to change the subject.

You are completely wrong with your answer. 100% wrong.

So how in the world can you claim to know what causes a recovery if, in fact, you have completely ignored basic economic facts and laws.

You are a fake TM...and you just proved it.

The cause of a recession MUST be known to be able to know how one recovers from a recession..
Do you know why the bush tax rebates on 2008 did not work?
For the same reason as why there are recessions.

Go learn something then get back to me. I will not debate someone who knows little about the topic.

Oh I get it your a fucking liar.

I am not wrong and you are full of shit.

YOU asked me what causes A recession and gave me NO particular recession to analyse.

I said recessions have different causes and then you pretend what I said was wrong WHILE claiming each one is different just like I said.

YOU HAVE REFUSED to respond to the chart of FACTS which I provided repetedly.

You are a failure as a debator and a waste of time because you refuse to debate in any honest manner.

Quit lying and acting like a fucking asshole and I wont call you names any more

Every recession is not the same. There is a natural cycle of recession and recovery in every economy and the causes of each recession will vary.

You want to pretend this game of proving smart you are and pretend my answer was not COMPLETELY CORRECT, it was dead on accurate.

NOW lets go back to the thread subject and the chart I provided and you refused to say ANYTHING of substance about and tried to change the subject.

So how in the world can you claim to know what causes a recovery if, in fact, you have completely ignored basic economic facts and laws.

The cause of a recession MUST be known to be able to know how one recovers from a recession..

Go learn something then get back to me. I will not debate someone who knows little about the topic.

YOU asked me what causes A recession and gave me NO particular recession to analyse.

I said recessions have different causes and then you pretend what I said was wrong WHILE claiming each one is different just like I said.

You are a failure as a debator and a waste of time because you refuse to debate in any honest manner.

I will admit one thing...you are great at dodging and blaming your opponent for your inability to answer the question.

OK big boy...I will be specific...

What cased THIS recession? And dont say the credit crunch or the housing bubble becuse those two things actually contributed to delaying the recession.....by creating phony properous times for an extra year or so.....

So what caused THIS recession.

And please tell me your theory as to why it is lasting longer than any other...with the exception of two.....the one that that became a depression and the one in Japan that lasted a decade....interstingly, the only two where "stimuli" were applied.....

So please...tell me what caused this recession and why is it taking so long to recover?

Last edited:
You missed what I said...I knew much was contracted out to private industry....but I was not aware that the military meals were contracted out to private industry.

I know... I was just reproving the point with a link.

The bottom line is this.. FDR and WWII ended the great depression and those are the facts..
Wrong.
Time passing always ends depressions/recessions. FDR had such wretched mismanagement of policy that he only got us out of the depression by forcing us into WWII.
Oooh - low unemployment during WWII, wonder what caused that. Perhaps the number of able bodies young men drafted combined with the massive deficit spending to finance equally massive wartime construction programs.

where did I lie?

Correct me with facts..not "many reasons" as you did

I shouldnt have to identify which recession.

But that is wrong

I am OK with you calling me names. It hurts you more than it does me.

I will admit one thing...you are great at dodging and blaming your opponent for your inability to answer the question.

What cased THIS recession? And dont say the credit crunch or the housing bubble becuse those two things actually contributed to delaying the recession.....by creating phony properous times for an extra year or so.....

And please tell me your theory as to why it is lasting longer than any other...with the exception of two.....the one that that became a depression and the one in Japan that lasted a decade....interstingly, the only two where "stimuli" were applied.....

So please...tell me what caused this recession and why is it taking so long to recover?

First you answer me what I asked long ago.

You refused to say what in that chart proved your point.

You claimed their was something in it I was not analysing correctly and then moved on to wringging your hands at curse words without EVER stating your case with the facts.

You see you have used all the R bullshit allready.

Diversion: ignoring the facts and moving to crying about curse words.

Lies: claiming what I said was incorrect while using the same fucking definition I gave you.

More Diversion: Asking me yet another question to keep from answering with the facts.

You are a typical conservative, you refuse to act like an honest decent person who wishes to solve the problems of the day so you can retain your failed ideas.

The bottom line is this.. FDR and WWII ended the great depression and those are the facts..
Wrong.
Time passing always ends depressions/recessions. FDR had such wretched mismanagement of policy that he only got us out of the depression by forcing us into WWII.
Oooh - low unemployment during WWII, wonder what caused that. Perhaps the number of able bodies young men drafted combined with the massive deficit spending to finance equally massive wartime construction programs.

He has proven to not know what causes a recession so of course he is clouded as to what spurs a recovery.

Most in the know are aware of exactly what the new deal was and what Obama's stimulus was and what Bush's tax rebates were...they are pain relievers to help the people survive during a recession.

They increase "cash in the publics pockets" but they do not give people the desire to go out and buy things they dont need.

Sorry Majic...I was referring to TM...not you.

Last edited:
File:GDP depression.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old and tired, you are dead fucking wrong and History shows it.

Just becausse the right MAKES SHIT UP, it does not make it true.

Read this chart and realise the economy bottomed and then recovered when the New Deal was put in place.

The American people adored FDR because they felt the impact in their own lives.

You can now pretend it wasnt true but then you would just be a fucking liar.

Your inability to read a chart and look at all factors as it pertains to the chronological sequence of things seems to be the reason you need to insert curses in your posts.

SO I guess if somone installs new insulation for the winter, and the temprature never dropped below 65 degrees that year, the fact that his heating bill went down by 150% is strictly due to the new insulation.

As for your cursing like that...I mean as an insult to me.....what are you.....12?

THIS was the exstent of your response, You said some LAME assed bullshit and never used one fucking fact.

You claimed their was something in it I was not analysing correctly and then moved on to wringging your hands at curse words without EVER stating your case with the facts.

Lies: claiming what I said was incorrect while using the same fucking definition I gave you.

More Diversion: Asking me yet another question to keep from answering with the facts.

You are a typical conservative, you refuse to act like an honest decent person who wishes to solve the problems of the day so you can retain your failed ideas.

Excuse me...but that is an outright lie. I made it clear that the chart shows what it shows and that the new deal played a role in increase in employment, but by no means was the sole factor in the recovery....it was a pain relkiever as the other factors did what they were expected to do.

Consumer desire for new products was the primary cause of the recovery. FDR would have told you that himslef you moron. Only someone who is clueless about economics would believe otherwise.

So stop playing this game and answer my question......or cant you?

Wrong.

You are full of LIES, read this chart and realise that in 1937 FDR backed off of the new deal and tried to balence the budget, the economy tanked and this chart shows that. Then he reupped the ND and the economy restarted its recovery. You people can LIE all you want but dont expect educated Americans to buy your fucking lies.

Excuse me...but that is an outright lie. I made it clear that the chart shows what it shows and that the new deal played a role in increase in employment, but by no means was the sole factor in the recovery....it was a pain relkiever as the other factors did what they were expected to do.

Consumer desire for new products was the primary cause of the recovery. FDR would have told you that himslef you moron. Only someone who is clueless about economics would believe otherwise.

I went and got the post already and YOU are lying. You gave NO facts to back your assertion

Wrong.

You are full of LIES, read this chart and realise that in 1937 FDR backed off of the new deal and tried to balence the budget, the economy tanked and this chart shows that. Then he reupped the ND and the economy restarted its recovery. You people can LIE all you want but dont expect educated Americans to buy your fucking lies.

You really need to get a grip TM.....
The economy tanked when he backed off....OIF COURSE IT DID/ People had no money to spend without it!
Jeez TM...do you strictly want to be right or do you want to learn something?

You are completely misreading the charts and you are making an ass out of yourself.

Old and tired, you are dead fucking wrong and History shows it.

Just becausse the right MAKES SHIT UP, it does not make it true.

Read this chart and realise the economy bottomed and then recovered when the New Deal was put in place.

The American people adored FDR because they felt the impact in their own lives.

You can now pretend it wasnt true but then you would just be a fucking liar.

Your inability to read a chart and look at all factors as it pertains to the chronological sequence of things seems to be the reason you need to insert curses in your posts.

SO I guess if somone installs new insulation for the winter, and the temprature never dropped below 65 degrees that year, the fact that his heating bill went down by 150% is strictly due to the new insulation.

As for your cursing like that...I mean as an insult to me.....what are you.....12?

Here it is again , now show me where you said all you claimed you did you lying piece of shit?

I went and got the post already and YOU are lying. You gave NO facts to back your assertion

Well, now I did...in this post (above) that you just quoted.

Sorry...I thought my metaphore of the earlier post was all that was needed. I did not realize that you do not know how to read a metaphore and get an idea of what is being said.

So now it is your turn.

What caused THIS recession?

Last edited:
And please dont say a decrease in consumer spending....what causes a decrease in consumer spending?

Oldandtired does not know what he is talking about. He has tried this same argument for months. All economic cycles are the same and the required response needs to be the same. Because some minor recessions have corrected themselves, ALL recessions will correct themselves..
He is gearing up for the argument that once the economy has fully recovered that Obama's actions had nothing to do with it. "It would have fixed itself" or "It would have recovered faster if Obama did nothing"

Ready??? Here it comes.....3..........2..........1.........

Sorry...I thought my metaphore of the earlier post was all that was needed. I did not realize that you do not know how to read a metaphore and get an idea of what is being said.

So now it is your turn.

Never mind....you dont know and you have made that quite obvious to anyone that has read this thread.

You have no idea what causes a recwession yet you are 100% sure of what creates the recovery.

That is what makes YOU the liar and the phony TM....you make believe you know things...but when approached, you divert.

We are done. I like to debate those that can teach me...not those that only want to be right.

Hell...I even learned something about healthcare in a debate that may have helped me make a 180 degree turn on it...I LIKE A GOOD DEBATE.

It helps me grow as a person.

This is by no means a good debate. I am dealing with an idiot who is clueless.

So now it is your turn.

But you claimed you had made this clear before.

You claimed that FDRs new deal did not help. Now you say it did help.

Which is it, government stimulus works or it doesnt?

You sir are either a lying sack of shit who will flip flop at a seconds notice to try and drag the DEAD conservative line that government can do NO good or you are so insane you cant even remember what you said a few minutes ago?

Oldandtired does not know what he is talking about. He has tried this same argument for months. All economic cycles are the same and the required response needs to be the same. Because some minor recessions have corrected themselves, ALL recessions will correct themselves..
He is gearing up for the argument that once the economy has fully recovered that Obama's actions had nothing to do with it. "It would have fixed itself" or "It would have recovered faster if Obama did nothing"

Ready??? Here it comes.....3..........2..........1.........

If Obama did nothing we may have recovered faster, but by no means fast enough to save as many people as the stimulus saved.

The stumulus was necessary for survival...but not for recovery.

No stimulus can force people to want and buy what they dont want and need.

But it sure as hell can help people deal with losing their jobs....and pay their bills in an effort to hang in there until it recovers.

Forum List

Back