What did YOU do today?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I tore out a NASTY moldy shower and installed new plumbing. Then met with a couple who wanted to hire me as a "designer" lol. Not my cup of tea. They wanted to change the footprint of their master bath. Told them that I do that kind of work in conjunction with actually doing the alterations an not so much in an adviser aspect.
And to be completely honest I wouldn't even know what to charge for my "vision" I can't draw for shit. I dont waste my time with cad programs because what looks good on the screen often doesn't translate to real world applications. Told them my vision comes from the flexibility of having the space stripped down and having the ability to freelance my visions into reality. Has worked to great effect on 90% of my first contacts and I have never had a disappointed customer.
She tried to hire me on the spot and he said they would call tonight. They spent about 1000.00 on some prefabbed schlueter nonsense and I told him let me build it from scratch and he could pocket 60% of that cost.

Incidentally they were the strangest couple I have ever met. He is a gun dealer and she is a school teacher lol.

Cool people, hope I get the job.

/blogfaqs

Spent the morning at the V.A. Doc assessed my wonky joints. Signed some docs for the new house, and the new job. Then I beat the shit out of the heavy bag and ran on my overpriced treadmill.
Trying to lose weight but I want a GD beer somethin fierce.

I mowed & raked my back yard, and not much else. :3:

I haven't worked in three years so, I'm kinda a bum :19: but with money.

Finished painting the workshop and hung up some pegboard to better organize our tools and whatnot. I also weeded the beds, did all the laundry, and, cleaned the master closet. I am pretty wiped.

I tore out a NASTY moldy shower and installed new plumbing.

So you're a licensed plumber Gramps?

Beware: Plumbers Without Licenses Aren't Plumbers | ABC Blog

~S~
I am trained in EVERY aspect of remodeling. There are limitations to my willingness to PAY THE STATE OR CITY scam money for licensing.
Angie's list wants nearly 400 per zipcode just for advertising. There are 141 zip codes in Kansascity. Likewise EVERY SINGLE MUNICIPALITY has a "fee" for every aspect of my job. That would cost me THOUSANDS per year to service the entire metro.
I am but one man, my days of big crews and mega buck incomes are gone. At my height before the crash I had 9 crews and spent a good majority of my time "putting out fires"
No more. I now run one crew and I am on it everyday. I am not paying every municipality a worthless fee to be "legit" in their city.

I do good work and follow every code no matter how worthless that code is.
For instance, today I discussed this with the customer today.... Plumbing Vent Distances & Routing Codes

Wanting to completely rearrange your bathroom requires A LOT of plumbing rerouting and if not done proper will give you awful sewage smells in your house.

Am I licensed? Am I a meticulous pro?

Which question really matters in your home?

I mowed & raked my back yard, and not much else. :3:

I haven't worked in three years so, I'm kinda a bum :19: but with money.
Dude. It has rained here for like 3 weeks....

The front yard is cool because it's small. The back? Go fuck yourself. And the rider just makes ruts. The shit is halfway to my knees......

Forum List

Back